Favorite Boeing Jet of All Time

Which is your favorite Boeing Jet of All Time?

• 707 (includes 720)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've always loved the look of the flying boats. I wonder if there is any chance of seeing one of those again from Boeing. It isn't a bad idea for a future Boeing Superjumbo. THe problem with A380 sized planes is getting them in their parking spots. The 380 wings clear by mere inches. One way to go around that is go outside the airport and have your superjumbo take off on water.
I saw this in a Popular Sciences article a little while back...it was an upscaled 747 fuselage with two normal 747 fuselages attached as the floats. Really strange design, but still really amazing.
Like wow man....give me a hit of that stuff.....

What - no slot for the X-32? That's definitely the most, umm, unique-looking Boeing jet...

I'd pick the 747. I remember walking through one at an airshow when I was younger and being gobsmacked by how big the thing was. Also, when we used to drive past Newark International sometimes we'd see one coming almost straight toward us on final. Always am amazing sight.

In my opinion, the B727 is one of the most graceful looking aircraft, especially when taking flight in its inital climb. But I am also a fan of its "successor", the B757.

I'm a T-tail fan, so I am happy to watch the ol' 9s...and the Canadair and Embraer RJs as well. But the crackle and ground shaking roar of the old DC-9 and 727 taking off is what an airplane is supposed to sound like to my 40+ year old ears.

The Boeing 727-200. I grew up in the 60's 70's less than 6-miles as the crow flies from O-Hare. My dad worked for United and we flew often between ORD and DCA to visit family in the DC area. Seemed like everytime we would board we would be assigned first class back when the airlines served hot meals, often steak. I remember cold mornings during the winter waiting for the school bus and listening to the cracking roar of a Boeing 727 on climb out from ORD.

The Boeing 727-200. I grew up in the 60's 70's less than 6-miles as the crow flies from O-Hare. My dad worked for United and we flew often between ORD and DCA to visit family in the DC area. Seemed like everytime we would board we would be assigned first class back when the airlines served hot meals, often steak. I remember cold mornings during the winter waiting for the school bus and listening to the cracking roar of a Boeing 727 on climb out from ORD.

Sounds like we had similar backgrounds...only mine was within reach of CLE and my dad worked for Eastern in the 50s and 60s.

Until I was six, we lived on the primary flight path for Hopkins and we lived in a traditional older city house, with a full 3rd floor attic. We would all go out and sit on the roof (like you used to see in Third Rock from the Sun) and we'd wave to all the people looking out of the 707s, DC-8s, the props...whatever flew overhead. There was a couple with 4 young boys "welcoming" you to Cleveland.

Latest posts

Back