FexEx caused ATA shutdown

Are the FEDEX pilots outraged that they put ATA out of business and 600 hundred pilot on the street so they could take on NWA, ALPA carriers looking out for each other. ALPA SUX!!!!!!!!!

Does FedEx really want those DC-10's that badly? Good lord, I'm surprised they haven't started replacing them with something more fuel efficient like the 777 Freighter.

Does FedEx really want those DC-10's that badly?

I doubt it.

My guess is that TZ's aquisition of DC10's contributed greatly to it's loss of the military contract.

The reliability problems they've had since picking them up are legion.

Fed Ex (and the military) don't look kindly on poor dispatch rates.

Remember FTA?

Wolfe came from FTA to UAL then to USAir.

Nostalgia, isn't it great? :p

Are the FEDEX pilots outraged that they put ATA out of business and 600 hundred pilot on the street so they could take on NWA, ALPA carriers looking out for each other. ALPA SUX!!!!!!!!!
600 Pilots? that's it? Hmmmmm....Ok, Reality it's, what Realiy is! Why all of the crying? Did you expect something more? Please, Do tell?

What Unity?

ATA caused ATA shutdown. That's the fact. We're all in control of our destinies and they signed their own death warrant as far as I'm concerned.

Blaming FedEx for conduct that is clearly the fault of ATA is a cheap shot. FedEx is a company that appreciates and knows the value of "on-time" and "reliability." I don't ever recall ATA being either of those.

ATA caused ATA shutdown. That's the fact. We're all in control of our destinies and they signed their own death warrant as far as I'm concerned.

Blaming FedEx for conduct that is clearly the fault of ATA is a cheap shot. FedEx is a company that appreciates and knows the value of "on-time" and "reliability." I don't ever recall ATA being either of those.

Thanks Bobbie - for the support.

When I hired into Fed Ex (right after the 05 NWA mech strike). My LAX Fed Ex hiring manager asked..well.. what happened when maint. delayed a flight at NWA...I responded, well we inconvenienced 100 or so people along with our fellow employees.

His response was... well at Fed Ex....multiply that by a couple of thousand.........

It kinda put things in perspective.......don'y ya think ????

I'm happy to be here.....THE WORLD "ON TIME" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oncerednowpurple

ATA definitely caused this, and it wasn't just their reliability. That was just the legal excuse that FDX was able to use to release them from the team.

The bigger issue is that ATA's parent company (Global Aero Logistics) bought out North American and World, and they're anchor carriers of the other consortium with an international airlift AMC contract. Essentially, GAL was double dipping the military charter business.

I worked those planes here in GSO and they would come in with an average of 20 dmi's a piece. We worked them over pretty good and toward the end we had all the bugs worked out of them and they were good planes. Thats what happens when you bring planes out of the desert with a little more than a small b check and then expect to go flying. Too bad we couldnt get them straightened out sooner.

Back