Fleet Service Transition Agreement

stormchaser

Jul 29, 2004
Anybody got any ideas about what they want in a transition agreement for Fleet Service? I understand in the old US concessionary package that we have snapbacks if a merger takes place. Any thoughts?

Their has been grievances filed on the merger change of control issue.

Right now it is waiting to be heard in the review board of the grievance process.

I'm guessing other work groups had change of control clauses in their contracts, too.

Any update on their progress?

'Cause I'm guessing once a ruling comes in for one of the groups, it's going to apply to the others.

IAM both groups have filed waiting for review board.

AFA has grieved it I believe.

CWA gave away grievance to get their transition agreement and company to recoginize the cwa-ibt alliance.

Not sure about ALPA.

Each grievance is seperate from each other, be real interesting to see what happens.

CWA gave away grievance to get their transition agreement and company to recoginize the cwa-ibt alliance.

Not sure about ALPA.

Each grievance is seperate from each other, be real interesting to see what happens.
dude do you always have to comment [edited by moderator- the IGNORE feature works wonders]

Anybody from out west have any ideas as to what you want in a transition agreement since we are represented by one union now?

Not sure about ALPA.

AFA has grieved what? "Change of control"? Control of what? AFA? AFA is also with CWA and east and west are both AFA, so..... :huh:

Change of control of the company due to the merger.

There are clauses for snapbacks in the event of a change of control of the company.

AFA is operating as a seperate unit from the CWA representing the agents. Differant contracts differant grievances, what the agents do does not affect the flight attendants and vice versa.

HIRE DATE SENIORITY for everyone, for everything, HP & US. Eliminate classification seniority forever. Classification seniority is unfair, it makes the playing field uneven. DOH will level the playing field, it's the only way to go.

We also need ME TOO clauses to keep us on an equal par with those in customer service. That is how it used to be, that is how it should be.

Anybody from out west have any ideas as to what you want in a transition agreement since we are represented by one union now?

1) West field stations that currently have AWA fleet service, regardless of number of flights, must stay staffed by US personnel. Anything else would be completely unacceptable.

2) No two-tier pay scale. Everyone should be paid the same regardless of location, unless living in a high-cost area (LAX, BOS, etc). High-cost areas should receive geographic differential.

3) None of this PSA, Piedmont, etc baloney. Everyone should be a US Airways employee. Period, dot. Employees of these subsidiaries should revert to US employment and keep their seniority.

4) All aircraft flying under US Airways or US Airways Express banners will be worked by US employees at stations where there are PSA, Piedmont, etc fleet employees (eg STL). If one should see a ramper in PIT, they should not have to get up close to figure out who they really work for. This should include the PHX ramp.

5) There should be a limit to the amount of part-time employees hired.

This is the Barbeetantrums Manifesto.

Add to it what you wish.

Some really good ideas coming in. Now what we really have to do is stop this East vs. West crap. The company, no matter who is running the show loves in-fighting because it shows weakness. We all have our gripes but the most important thing at this point is to show a united front and get back most of the things that we all have lost through the corporate restructuring that got all of our company officers big bonuses on the backs of the employees. There is no reason why we can't reap some of the success. Those of you that oppose this idea might want to take a look at what wages and benefits the employees of one of our biggest competitors Southwest enjoy! Don't tell me it is not possible to make a profit and not pay your employees well. Happy employees make succesful and competitive companies. We have to stop the outsourcing also. It has been proven that more you outsource the less control you have of your final product. Lets make sure that the people running the show give us the respect we deserve. Let us stick together and get a KickA$$ transition agreement.
Peace Out!

Back