Flight Attendant Jobs At Risk

justanadd said:
And ask any flight attendant and they probably will tell you Americans are the most unpolite passengers.
[post="304939"][/post]​
One of our purser conference's we had some British Airways pursers involved. Someone asked one day, who they thought the most demanding and difficult passengers were? The two smiled and said promise you wont be offended. Americans are the most demanding the most difficult to deal with.

American tourists have their reputation for a reason.". As a whole, we do no believe in the idea of “when in Rome …â€

I was watching Bill Mahr (sp?) in one of his stand up routines. He said that there are times when he is embarrassed to be an American and tells people that “he is Swissâ€. My mom was on Lufthansa once and told be that when the announcement comes to buckle up you hear one “click†(everyone buckles up) but on a US carrier, well, no need to go there.

I do not believe that the foreign FA’s are good because they are “subservient†as someone suggested. I believe it is because they hired on to do a job, and they will do it as trained and they are proud of their job. When I was in Tokyo a few years back, I noticed that nearly everyone I saw took pride in what they did. The taxi drivers are in clean uniforms wearing white gloves and were always helpful and courteous (some even spoke English), The street cleaners were friendly and took a certain pride in a job well done. It is a different culture.

Really Garfield? Then why haven't I ever met a cab driver in the United States that was American? Everytime I've used a cabbie in the States, they've seemed gross, dirty and NOT AMERICAN. Explain that to me.

Garfield1966 said:
I do not believe that the foreign FA’s are good because they are “subservientâ€￾ as someone suggested. I believe it is because they hired on to do a job, and they will do it as trained and they are proud of their job.
[post="305184"][/post]​

I couldn't agree with you more. Americans are falling into a trap of wanting more and more for less and less effort. It never is about what can I do for you anymore but how much can I abuse you.

That is what unionism has become to the extreme.

PlayTheOdds said:
wanting more and more for less and less

I believe you are on the right track but you happen to be speaking about the leaders of Corporate America!!!! Where else are CEO's rewarded for running a company into the ground? Most are able to collect severance packages for leading a company into BK? Compensation should be based on performance!!

PlayTheOdds said:
I couldn't agree with you more AP. How do you reverse the trend though? All of the legislatures from the local to federal levels are in Corporate America’s pockets.
[post="306018"][/post]​
You could start by not crossing a picket line :shock: