Fly, US Airways

Citation?
Okay, I found the citation. I read it in another aviation website and it cited analyst Gary Chase of Lehman Brothers who said WN has suffered operating losses in all three of it post-9/11 projects: MDW, PHL, and PIT. This was in a discussion of Southwest's 2nd quarter earnings. Whether the losses continue I don't know.

Okay, I found the citation. I read it in another aviation website and it cited analyst Gary Chase of Lehman Brothers who said WN has suffered operating losses in all three of it post-9/11 projects: MDW, PHL, and PIT. This was in a discussion of Southwest's 2nd quarter earnings. Whether the losses continue I don't know.

Link?

Many will say that Pittsburgh never really supported Usairways and did nothing but bash them in the news and the paper. Well did Usairways EVER do any good for the city and surrounding area? Uh, I think that would be a HUGE NO. They did nothing but supress the market, charge EXTREMELY high fares and force some to other airports for lower fares. They monopolized the place. So, they thought the city would just shut down without US. Well every airline there including the legacies have added service and people are really not suffering. Well if they are forced to PHL to connect I'd call that suffering. Everyone has moved on. The only suffering I see is all of us that were displaced from 2003 and on. Us did nothing but a dirty handed screwjob in BK. Seems the airport can't even accomodate passengers with enough parking. They are constantly adding parking and created a new security screening overflow in the old express terminal. YEP USairways you really showed the city. :rolleyes:

Its a new company now!

USAIRWAYS DID A HELLUA LOT FOR PITTSBURGH. THE REVENUE THAT WAS PUMPED INTO THE LOCAL ECONOMY SHOULD SAY IT ALL. ALL THE GOOD JOBS CREATED AT GREATER PITT, THE CONSTANT INCREASE OF NEW AIR SERVICE ALONE WHEN UA/TW WERE REDUING SERVICE SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING. OH BY THE WAY, IN 1995 THE DOJ INVESTIGATED FARES CHARGED IN THE PIT AREA BY USAIRWAYS AND FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF "GOUGING" OR ANYTHING ELSE ILLEGAL.
REMEMBER HOW ALLEGHENY COUNTY WANTED AIRTRAN TO HUB OUT OF PIT ? AIRTRAN SAID "NO WAY" AND WENT ON DOWN TO BWI. EVIDENTLY, I GUESS THEY WERE SMART. THE COUNTY SHOULDVE BEEN KISSING THE FEET OF USAIRWAYS....NOT TRASHING THEM...ANY MORE QUESTIONS?????

THE ONLY REASON WN WNET TO PHL AND PIT WAS TO PUT THE FINAL NAILS IN LCC'S COFFIN...DIDNT QUITE WORK OUT THAT WAY. THE ONLY THING THEY CAN DO IN PHL IS KEEP ADDING FLIGHTS TO PUT THE PRESSURE ON...AS FOR PIT WHO KNOWS??????

THE COUNTY SHOULDVE BEEN KISSING THE FEET OF USAIRWAYS....NOT TRASHING THEM...ANY MORE QUESTIONS?????

Come on now. Do you actually believe that WN of all companies would do significant upsizing in a market (PHL) unless it was making money? PIT happened well after USAir became US Airways.

Actually, what the county should have done most was to reduce their ridiculously high Landing fees - at least for US.

USAIRWAYS DID A HELLUA LOT FOR PITTSBURGH. THE REVENUE THAT WAS PUMPED INTO THE LOCAL ECONOMY SHOULD SAY IT ALL. ALL THE GOOD JOBS CREATED AT GREATER PITT, THE CONSTANT INCREASE OF NEW AIR SERVICE ALONE WHEN UA/TW WERE REDUING SERVICE SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING. OH BY THE WAY, IN 1995 THE DOJ INVESTIGATED FARES CHARGED IN THE PIT AREA BY USAIRWAYS AND FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF "GOUGING" OR ANYTHING ELSE ILLEGAL.
REMEMBER HOW ALLEGHENY COUNTY WANTED AIRTRAN TO HUB OUT OF PIT ? AIRTRAN SAID "NO WAY" AND WENT ON DOWN TO BWI. EVIDENTLY, I GUESS THEY WERE SMART. THE COUNTY SHOULDVE BEEN KISSING THE FEET OF USAIRWAYS....NOT TRASHING THEM...ANY MORE QUESTIONS?????

I AGREE 100%.

Come on now. Do you actually believe that WN of all companies would do significant upsizing in a market (PHL) unless it was making money? PIT happened well after USAir became US Airways.

Actually, what the county should have done most was to reduce their ridiculously high Landing fees - at least for US.
Maybe WN thinks they need a certain level of flights TO BE profitable in a city, and PHL hasn't got to that level yet.

Back