FlyI employees get furlough notices

And as far as your Management (Skeen & Co.) hope they don't get lost hooking up with the Legion of B*st*rds that managed to drive US/UA/DL/NW into the ground at the expense of their workers all in the realm of EGO. They should fit in , their address H-E-L-L! :lol:

Oh they will find another airline to work for, trust me! Don Carty screwed us at AA and now he is screwing the employees at Hawaiian Airlines.

When you have CEO in front of your name, you can get a job at any company.

...Jetblue and Southwest have been in business longer and they don't pay their newer pilots anywhere near that amount...

I believe the pilot example quoted was not a "newer" pilot at that airline. The article mentioned he had been there since the beginning of the airline in the 1980s.

To the Independence Air employees:

Best to you all. You proved that customers can feel good about flying. My experience with you was excellent. It was refreshing to actually feel wanted on a flight, unlike flying the other East coast carriers that feel you owe them something.

Even though the airline did not make it from a mgt perspective, you did.

Take your excitement and skills and move forward.

I've commuted a couple of times on Independence Air and have had nothing but great service. This airline industry is really starting to get me down.

Good luck to you all.

$108,000 a year as starting salary for an Airbus pilot is a litlle excessive in my opinion.

I believe the pilot example quoted was not a "newer" pilot at that airline. The article mentioned he had been there since the beginning of the airline in the 1980s.

Give speedlever a cigar - he got the answer right. It's possible that one of those "starting salary" Airbus pilots has been with FlyI (or Atlantic Coast Airlines as it was previously known) 15-20 years. That means top os scale at any airline I know. Which in turn means that FlyI was paying less than Jetblue, US Airways (post-concessions), America West, United (post-concessions), Northwest, etc. And much, much less than Southwest.

I'll add my own best wishes to all the FlyI folks. May your future be bright after this cloud passes.

Jim

Seeee Yaaaaaaa Not to make light of anyone losing their job, but this can only help the rest of the carriers in the industry. Growth will provide jobs.

Latest posts