For all those that can't "find" a job.

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
I decided to put this on here for all those welfare recipients that say they cant find a job. If you know someone on welfare pass the word.

TRUCKING JOB.png

https://www.facebook.com/pamtransport

Handy with computers? It is very affordable to self study some programs and get certified. A+ certification is a popular choice for computer repair technicians. 

http://www.netcomlearning.com/certifications/266/CompTIA-A+-training.html

Microsoft is affordable as well and great for people seeking a help desk position.

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/windows-training.aspx

Help Desk median income is $47,977. Not too bad, and it can springboard you to other more skilled, higher paying positions.

http://www1.salary.com/Help-Desk-Support-Salary.html

Some help desks will hire you with no certifications if you can communicate to them you are capable of troubleshooting common PC problems and are trainable.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

I wonder if it's a UNIONIZED company ?
probably not ,better to keep sucking that government teat till you can find one.

Apparently they have jobs in OK, too.

Oklahoma reported a 4.5% unemployment rate for June, lower than the US average and considerably less than the >7% rate you'll find in union-friendly states like Nevada, Michigan, Illinois and California.

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

I find the arrogance of the Original Post to be a bit depressing. It always easy to point fingers when YOU have a job.

In 2008 I was "Downsized" along with 107 others. Of those 107 and myself, 107 were over 50 and the one who wasn't was 49. Oh and get this. In order to get your severance package you had to agree not to sue the company.

So please don't lecture me about finding a job as I now have a total of 5 part time employers and I still qualify for food stamps even though I don't accept them.

I had a really promising interview in my industry. I go there and this very pleasant young women who I'd be working for took one look at the grey hair and realized that I had more years experience then she had years of life. Needless to say no hire for me. She was threatened by me, even though I wasn't interested in advancement.

If you think it's easy then clearly I'm missing something. 

I would like to hear more of your story. What city do you live in? Have you been willing to accept work outside of your industry? Have you considered how your skills might be  applicable to other industry? What methods are you using to look for work?  Do you live in a city or a rural area? Do you have demands that might keep you from finding gainful employment (such as days only or no weekends)? Are there jobs you won't do because you find them "beneath" you? Are you skilled labor?

I am still a relatively young person at 37 years old but I can honestly say I have never wanted a job and not been able to find one.

I think you should also consider I was not really targeting people in your age group. I was really referring more to the 20 and 30 somethings that rather be social parasites than stand on their own two feet, and don't feed me this crap about it is easy for me to say that and I should not judge because I know a few people like this and the truth is they are just damn lazy and self centered.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I would like to hear more of your story. What city do you live in? Have you been willing to accept work outside of your industry? Have you considered how your skills might be  applicable to other industry? What methods are you using to look for work?  Do you live in a city or a rural area? Do you have demands that might keep you from finding gainful employment (such as days only or no weekends)? Are there jobs you won't do because you find them "beneath" you? Are you skilled labor?

I am still a relatively young person at 37 years old but I can honestly say I have never wanted a job and not been able to find one.

I think you should also consider I was not really targeting people in your age group. I was really referring more to the 20 and 30 somethings that rather be social parasites than stand on their own two feet, and don't feed me this crap about it is easy for me to say that and I should not judge because I know a few people like this and the truth is they are just damn lazy and self centered.
Prior to the anointing of King Obama I had a work life that started at 13 when my Dad passed and continued UNINTERRUPTED until 2008.

My industry was and continues to consolidate. When I started out there were at least 13 manufacturers to work for along with several thousand dealers nationwide. You could tell your employer to "bugger off" on Tuesday and be working for the same or more money bt the following Monday. Today the number of major manufacturers is 7 and the dealer community has shrunk by half. Couple that with a pool of thousands of higher level experienced worker in the same boat and the competition is fierce. Allied and related industries are also shrinking expanding the available talent pool.

At age 59 it is very difficult to reinvent yourself, yet in order to find meaningful opportunities. Failing that one gets a job wherever he can. Currently I stock shelves in a grocery store and do what is called Assisted  Sales Rep work. I'm the guy you see hawking TV's in the white polo in Best Buys. Where the blue shirts dub you "The sperm sales rep". Those jobs pay $15/hr for about 12 hours of work per week. Next on the food chain is the $12/Hr Grocery Merchandizer. Can't work more than 28 hours for one contractor thanks to ObamaCare. So you sign up with 2 or 3 so you always have work as some assignments can be only a few hours in duration and you can work your 28 hours and do 2 more each day in project work.

Then you go home, eat and jump on the computer and try to find meaningful work that pays over $40K per year with benefits. You tweak your cover letters and resume for the specific job, Then you wait for the call that almost never comes. If it does then there is a phone or skype interview followed by a personal interview or 4. If you go in through a recruiter you get more immediate results like "Lacks energy" which is code for "To friggin' old".

You check your e-mail in hopes of reply's and are lucky to get a rejection e-mail or two. Most of the time your effort fades into the ether. If you do get an interview you find yourself competing with as many as 200 applicants.

Then comes a day where you don't have to work the next day and you get back stabbing, toilet hugging S-Faced drunk and start all over again.

In my case the one thing you never do is surrender, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give in. Each day I lace up the gloves, put my cup on and mouthpiece in and do battle. (metaphorically) seeking only the opportunity to compete openly and fairly. YES, I get knocked down, However I also get back up. I might be ironing the white flag, but I'm not ready to fly it just yet.

Back