For all those that can't "find" a job.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Sorry Dude. I have put away the shovel for the evening. <:)>/

No problem, Pal....
huglove.gif

Glenn Quagmire said:
Sorry Dude. I have put away the shovel for the evening.

F YOU!
Another armchair expert. C'mon down to the food bank. Get your hands dirty fulfilling your part of the social contract. It's a pretty damn bad example when a guy who is eligible for food stamps gave more to charity then VP Biden did in 2011.

Did YOU take time out of YOUR family life to go speak in PIT at the reception held by the CWA for the 800 of so who got canned by US Airways? Did you get to view the union leaders in tears after the speech? DID YOU maggot? Did YOU almost break down from the emotions of the standing ovation from 650 people who at 4PM that day had good union jobs and at 7PM when the reception began they were unemployed. Did YOU take hours to write an uplifting speech to try to raise the spirits of those who lost their jobs? NO you didn't so get off my assets. Did YOU work to draw the press coverage of the events and get all the PIT TV stations to send crews? NO, you didn't! Did I know any of these people personally? NO! I was an elite customer who cared about those who served me. It was the very least I could do. Did YOU help form an organization that raised the awareness of the plight of US Airways customers and employees? NOPE AGAIN A-Hole! Did you organize morale boosting initiatives where several hundred elites traveled the system passing out candy to employess during US Airways darkest hours? Once again the answer is NO! 

Ever see me come on this board and ask for help? NO! You didn't. Did I/we accomplish anything except put a temporary smile on an agents face? I don't know if we did. What I do know is God Dammit we tried and then tried some more. For your lazy arse I offer the words of Teddy Roosevelt

t is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. 

Glenn Quagmire said:
Does anyone else find it ironic that the old white libertarian and conservative are on here whining about being discriminated against?

So it's all good as long as it's not "Racial Discrimintion"!

My hat's off to Sparrow, who at least works and continues to look for better employment, unlike the "Welfare Crowd"!
And if he does recieve "ANY" benefits, he damn well deserves them, because I'm sure he's paid his "Fair Share" into the system!

Good Luck Sparrow!

southwind said:

So it's all good as long as it's not "Racial Discrimintion"!

My hat's off to Sparrow, who at least works and continues to look for better employment, unlike the "Welfare Crowd"!
And if he does recieve "ANY" benefits, he damn well deserves them, because I'm sure he's paid his "Fair Share" into the system!

Good Luck Sparrow!

Hope springs eternal Southwind. Like I said, I may be ironing the white flag but I damn well haven't hung it up yet. Had a recruiter call yesterday for an OK job. Get's me back on the road and a few dollars in my pocket. Still about 60% less then before but I have to put and compete, a task that I am eager to do.

Funny thing is the harder I work the luckier I get. There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who make things happen
Those who watch what happened
Those who wonder what happened.

Well thank you for sharing your story.

I think you should know (again) I was not really targeting people in your age group. I was really referring to those 20 and 30 somethings that have nothing better to do than smoke weed all day, play PlayStation, and collect their government "entitlements". They are perfectly happy living on the taxpayers dime and show no ambition or want to find gainful employment. All they want to do is exist and consume. They will give you the excuse they can't find a job but the truth is they are lazy MF'ers that have no issues taking advantage of anything or anyone they can. 

That is a cold hard truth. 

I wish you luck in finding a job that you feel fulfills your needs.

why-welfare-is-bad-jefferson-welfare-political-poster-1272241915.jpg

117593782_lincoln_lincoln_welfare_political_poster_1272242819_xlarge.jpeg

Our forefathers saw this mess coming a mile away.

I am not sure what Glenn is saying because I have him on ignore. I am 100 percent sure it is something stupid.

I am not sure what Dog Wonder is saying because I have him on ignore. I am 100 percent sure it is something stupid.

Back