For Those Who Like To Know Whats Going On

i hope you noticed in the past presidential campains social security has always been going into the tank,its the republicans fault.... when the dems want in office and now suddenly bushie wants to fix what they've been whining about all along and i read pelosi saying the other day really its in good shape....
so what is it solvent or insolvent...can't have it both ways mr.dem......

I just dont consider cutting the benefit a "fix". I happen to like ss just the way it is. If it means not giving rich people a tax break then so be it. I also think that the ss tax is regressive, and should be collected on all income, not just the first 90K. Bush doesnt want to "fix" it, he wants to change it. If we used all the taxes collected for ss (remember the lockbox ^_^ ) there wouldnt be a "problem". Your ss went to the rich. Im sure thier retirment isnt threatened. I hope they thank you.

Using SS money to create the next stock market 'bubble' isn't a fix, it's just Bush creating another problem for the future for political purposes.

Groucho Marx, who was virtually bankrupted by the stock market crash in 1929, observed that the stock market is the best way ever devised to separate Americans from their money. Since we've just seen that demonstrated again, on a somewhat smaller scale, I can't believe there is anyone, other than the wall street leeches who stand to benefit from it most, who still thinks this is a good idea.

With companies everywhere trying to abandon their retirement plans, do you really want your social security invested in something like ENRON?

Latest posts

Back