Former AA flight attendant files suit

dont hold your breath Patti, some serious kool aid drinking has gone on in these parts......
Eolesen is a former AA company man (well, still is), to put his name on a protest list with lowly union workers would most likely violate his golf club membership.

Patti, there are no customers or shareholders on your list, so why bother?

I already voted with my feet, my paycheck, and my stock over a year ago.

The only thing I haven't voted with yet is my wallet, and that's only because between where I live and where I travel, the only other viable option in town is UA. Despite all that you feel AMR has done to you, it's a fact that the executives over at UAL have given even more obscene bonuses (and raises) to their management team, while employees live and work under bankruptcy-imposed slave wage contracts.

Rather than attack me for asking the question, how 'bout someone provide something related to the original topic?

Patti, there are no customers or shareholders on your list, so why bother?

I already voted with my feet, my paycheck, and my stock over a year ago.

The only thing I haven't voted with yet is my wallet, and that's only because between where I live and where I travel, the only other viable option in town is UA. Despite all that you feel AMR has done to you, it's a fact that the executives over at UAL have given even more obscene bonuses (and raises) to their management team, while employees live and work under bankruptcy-imposed slave wage contracts.
Rather than attack me for asking the question, how 'bout someone provide something related to the original topic?

How did you confirm there are no shareholders on our list? I had the pleasure of meeting many of them at the annual meeting in May. Since you posed it, it is surprising that when directed to you, your original question is perceived as an attack. I asked for your response to the question you iniated on this thread. In regards to the original topic, it's "Former AA flight attendant files suit"; not how many BOS employees signed on to Pupoff or UA. Unless your feet, paycheck, stock, wallet, where you live and chosen carrier are part of the F/A's complaint, it's not related to the original topic.

Hmm... I pulled up the list, and searched for "Shareholder" and got this response:

66md4e9.jpg

If you have non-employee shareholders and customers as "supporters" it certainly isn't that obvious, so there wasn't much point adding my name to the list. I also couldn't find any evidence of a reservations rep, Admirals club rep, or any management employees whatsoever being shown as supporters...

Why is that, Patti?

I wish I could be more like you and in your not-even two weeks of membership here, manage to absorb almost eight years of history between this incarnation of USAviation, its previous but now lost incarnation, and PlaneBusiness's bulletin boards...

But, for the sake of those who aren't as omnipotent as you, the Pupoff comment above comes from another thread running simultaneously with this one back in April, where NHBB was slamming Oklahomans as essentially being union lepers, while lauding those union members from BOS. At the same time, there more TWU members from Oklahoma signed up on Pupoff, the irony of which was obviously lost on you.

And of course, the whole comment about TWU members from Oklahoma stems out of an almost ten year battle between TWU loyalists, and separatists who favor any union other than the TWU, which stems from an inability for the TWU to recognize what democracy really is, and a belief that TUL TWU members would sell their first born for a new dually with a bass boat...

And I'm sure that the fact Gary (otherwise known as NHBB and who I will gladly buy a pint or two for if/when we ever do meet in person) and I have a fairly decent rapport with each other going on for almost seven years now is probably irrelevant to you as well, but by now, you already knew the comment was in jest, right?...

I could go on if you'd like.... but it would be off topic, and I'm sure that might offend you.

Hmm... I pulled up the list, and searched for "Shareholder" and got this response:

66md4e9.jpg

If you have non-employee shareholders and customers as "supporters" it certainly isn't that obvious, so there wasn't much point adding my name to the list. I also couldn't find any evidence of a reservations rep, Admirals club rep, or any management employees whatsoever being shown as supporters...

Why is that, Patti?

I wish I could be more like you and in your not-even two weeks of membership here, manage to absorb almost eight years of history between this incarnation of USAviation, its previous but now lost incarnation, and PlaneBusiness's bulletin boards...

But, for the sake of those who aren't as omnipotent as you, the Pupoff comment above comes from another thread running simultaneously with this one back in April, where NHBB was slamming Oklahomans as essentially being union lepers, while lauding those union members from BOS. At the same time, there more TWU members from Oklahoma signed up on Pupoff, the irony of which was obviously lost on you.

And of course, the whole comment about TWU members from Oklahoma stems out of an almost ten year battle between TWU loyalists, and separatists who favor any union other than the TWU, which stems from an inability for the TWU to recognize what democracy really is, and a belief that TUL TWU members would sell their first born for a new dually with a bass boat...

And I'm sure that the fact Gary (otherwise known as NHBB and who I will gladly buy a pint or two for if/when we ever do meet in person) and I have a fairly decent rapport with each other going on for almost seven years now is probably irrelevant to you as well, but by now, you already knew the comment was in jest, right?...

I could go on if you'd like.... but it would be off topic, and I'm sure that might offend you.

I'm a customer and a shareholder, my name is on the list.

Yes, but you're listed as a retired F/A first and foremost, Nancy, which is my point. Pupoff is a list obviously targeted for non-management employees, as well as former employees who either have axes to grind against management, or are simply hoping to see injustices done against them to be corrected (and based on your notes in the past six months or so, I believe you're firmly in the latter camp).

I left AMR on my own terms, as opposed to being RIF'd, so I really don't as much anymore about what happens in the battle over bonuses and concessions.

I think it was a stupid decision, and said so last year when I was still in management. This year, Holly Hegeman and I spent a lot of time discussing why Arpey deserved to get the Ron Allen Award.

But I really don't want or need emails to remind me why I left. I get enough of that on these boards.

Yes, but you're listed as a retired F/A first and foremost, Nancy, which is my point. Pupoff is a list obviously targeted for non-management employees, as well as former employees who either have axes to grind against management, or are simply hoping to see injustices done against them to be corrected (and based on your notes in the past six months or so, I believe you're firmly in the latter camp).

I left AMR on my own terms, as opposed to being RIF'd, so I really don't as much anymore about what happens in the battle over bonuses and concessions.

I think it was a stupid decision, and said so last year when I was still in management. This year, Holly Hegeman and I spent a lot of time discussing why Arpey deserved to get the Ron Allen Award.

But I really don't want or need emails to remind me why I left. I get enough of that on these boards.

I left on my own terms, I retired. My choice. I was the first (I believe) former TWA f/a, now retired AA f/a, to sign. I signed because I find the bonus payouts obscene, as a former employee, as a customer, as a shareholder, as the President of a 501C3 Foundation, as a member of management in my company, as a human being, as a taxpayer....

There is an arrogance and sense of entitlement with that level of management (and their BOD cronies) that make the possible consequences of these payouts beyond their comprehension.

66md4e9.jpg

Why is that, Patti?

Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. It’s curious that a non-employee who is not a customer or shareholder, would devote so much time to these issues.

No, you wouldn’t have evidence to the diversity of our supporters because you aren’t privy to our email lists. Not everyone wants his or her name posted publicly and we respect that. Given that you don’t post here using your full first and last name, you may understand.

While it’s always interesting to read your opinions, they are opinions. Unsubstantiated claims made with aggressive certainty are still suppositions. Broad assumptions and commingling unrelated issues might divert the course of discussions and help win a little pissing match here and there. But, is that your goal?

Do the following responses serve the exchange of information and communication on this board?
“Why is that, Patti?
I wish I could be more like you in your not-even two weeks of membership here…
For the sake of those who aren’t as omnipotent as you…
The irony of which was obviously lost on you…
I could go on if you like…but it would be off topic and I’m sure that might offend you.â€

Sorry, I have no tit for tat. We have a number of goals we’re committed to on Pupoff. My time is devoted to that. So, I’ll cut to the chase.

Your posts often take a company position with company rhetoric. If you are not a company shill, as many suspect, support your statements with some facts. Otherwise, the amount of time you spend on this board is perceived as misleading spin control.

Good luck.
P

Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. It’s curious that a non-employee who is not a customer or shareholder, would devote so much time to these issues.

Sorry, I have no tit for tat. We have a number of goals we’re committed to on Pupoff. My time is devoted to that. So, I’ll cut to the chase.

Your posts often take a company position with company rhetoric. If you are not a company shill, as many suspect, support your statements with some facts. Otherwise, the amount of time you spend on this board is perceived as misleading spin control.

Good luck.
P

Sorry to burst your bubble dearie, but EOLESON is Eric Oleson, and those of us who have been posting for years know that. He had numerous years at AA both as an agent and in management.

Perhaps you should actually learn who you're talking to before jumping to conclusions...

I spent 17 wonderful years at AMR, 12 years of that in management positions including analyst, programmer, and manager. I've also spent about 10 years on these forums, three of them as a moderator on PlaneBusiness before AA CrapComm and the TWU both decided that it was a threat to have me on the boards because I disagreed with management on occasion. And I still contribute frequently to PlaneBusiness and PlaneBuzz, so your comments about me being a shill are pretty damn funny.

Long time participants here know that I have little patience for people who only want to look at one side of a situation or argument, which is why continue to post here -- there are far too many people who blindly believe things they hear from the union, blogs, and overhear in shop or galley rumors. And then there's the stuff that comes from HDQ....

Somewhere in the middle is usually the truth, and you can only know where the middle is by listening or seeking out what the other side is.

If you want to take my stating what the other side of an argument is as being the same as taking that side, I could really care less.

Oh, please, Bears. If you really believe that anyone at AA is soiling themselves over FMLA or WC issues, it's time to up your Geritol.

BTW, I'm still waiting to hear your justification for there only being two TWU members from BOS on the Pupoff list...

Just like we are waiting for the FAR that says a pilot could lose his liscence for putting a sticker on an airplane.

Back