Frontier Ramp chooses TWU

What are the implications of this for the recently elected IAM at Spirit? I imagine the crew in Miramar is watching this closely.

Josh

Wow.  You guys are floating all over the place.  This case has nothing to do with what I posted to answer another persons question and besides that it is about another airline as well.  Plus this all happened back before or in in the early 90's.  The question was asked; if this job loss was happening while being represented by the TWU.  And according to the dates presented I answered him yes they were.  Neither he nor I was refering to or talking about anything having to do with some case way back in early 90's at an airline that doesn't exist (I think) anymore.  

swamt said:
Wow.  You guys are floating all over the place.  This case has nothing to do with what I posted to answer another persons question and besides that it is about another airline as well.  Plus this all happened back before or in in the early 90's.  The question was asked; if this job loss was happening while being represented by the TWU.  And according to the dates presented I answered him yes they were.  Neither he nor I was refering to or talking about anything having to do with some case way back in early 90's at an airline that doesn't exist (I think) anymore.  
Get your game card out.
The failure for the twu to represent their mebership is AMFA's fault.
Follow Frick Frack and their maniacs mindset.
At one time they stated that since AMFA was not AFL/CIO affiliated that they were not a true union.
These a$$ clowns blame everyone except their own ineptitude.
Yea, and people still believe their bullshit...
B: xUT

Reactions: 3 people
xUT said:
Get your game card out.
The failure for the twu to represent their mebership is AMFA's fault.
Follow Frick Frack and their maniacs mindset.
At one time they stated that since AMFA was not AFL/CIO affiliated that they were not a true union.
These a$$ clowns blame everyone except their own ineptitude.
Yea, and people still believe their bullshit...
B: xUT
That's what I thought.  Enough said...

xUT said:
Frick & Frack,

Nice spin. Yea, blame AMFA, GOD forbid you put any blame on the gooberment system that
systemically hamstrings unions at every opportunity.
Certainly don't blame the companies that take advantage of their employees.
Just blame AMFA for trying to protect their membership in court.
Your industrial unions have such a hard on for AMFA I wouldn't;t doubt that they supported
the ruling just to attempt to make AMFA look as the villain do they could sit on their a$$, do nothing and point fingers.
Just like you unionistas cheer-leading NWA as they took AMFA down (with the help of unions).

Yea just blame AMFA.
I'll let my best friend know when he was laid off from his company when it was sold
disbanding his union and the next day they opened with a new name and hired him for 30% less.

You industrial union guys suck!

B) xUT
Ok good point that I shouldn't make it appear like this is the fault of AMFA for going to court to try and protect their members. I'll admit I was wrong but I'm so used to some of your guys twisting everything to make things anti TWU that I guess I'm always ready to fire back.

This is not the fault of the TWU. They only had ONE negotiating session before this announcement was made. Please try and consider those 250 guys that may soon be out of work or be forced to apply to the subcontractor for their old jobs at less pay and benefits when we post.

Some of them may read here and I don't think at this moment they need to read garbage from any of us.

WeAAsles said:
Ok good point that I shouldn't make it appear like this is the fault of AMFA for going to court to try and protect their members. I'll admit I was wrong but I'm so used to some of your guys twisting everything to make things anti TWU that I guess I'm always ready to fire back.

This is not the fault of the TWU. They only had ONE negotiating session before this announcement was made. Please try and consider those 250 guys that may soon be out of work or be forced to apply to the subcontractor for their old jobs at less pay and benefits when we post.

Some of them may read here and I don't think at this moment they need to read garbage from any of us.
Now you know how it feels when people do it to AMFA.  Teamsters fired at SWA, replaced by AMFA, under teamsters contract language that AMFA has to enforce what they were left with when they took over, AMFA gets blamed for the overseas outsourcing.  IAM gets fired at UAL, replaced by AMFA, again AMFA is stuck with the IAM contract language and they blame AMFA for what happened at UAL.  Now, YOU, are claiming that the TWU only had one nego session since they were voted in back in Aug., that's a snails pace to get started with contract nego's.  One session in 5 or 6 months? 
Now you see the point, and this is exactly what has happened to AMFA in the past, now that it has happened to the TWU, you now understand what has taken placed at other airlines when AMFA always get blamed for taking over a contract nego by another union that was recently fired from the airline.  My, My, My how quick you guys are to explain that it wasn't the TWU's fault, how does it feel???  BTW, none of this would have happened if the Frontier pilots would have nego in good faith with the SWA pilots when SWA was looking to purchase Frontier.  SWA then turned the radar over onto AT who did in fact nego in good faith with all the groups and they all came to resolutions...

WeAAsles said:

Everything doesn't have to be about AMFA.
I posted my disgust at how the company can arbitrarily make changes and the union has no recourse.
I didn't blame the union.
Nuff said, Good luck to you Guys N' Gals at Frontier and any other company that shafts their employees.
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
WN didnt outsource to Aeroman till AMFA and WN agreed to it and AMFA secured the fourth line at DAL, correct?

Page 86 of your current CBA clearly states it.

LOA #1

http://www.amfa11.com/file_cabinet/Drawer_3/contracts/SWAMechanicContract2009searchable.pdf
I have explained this to you before and you know it.  I know exactly what is in our contract.  It was in fact the teamsters language that allowed the outsourcing overseas, AMFA came in and put all the restrictions and protections in place as the company was free to do whatever they wanted due to the teamsters language.  If AMFA did not do what they did, SWA to this day would be able to put "unlimited" lines of maint in Elsolvador, never start a 4th line of heavy in DAL, C-check would be gone, head counts would not exist, line maint (yes the 4 lines) would not be protected, back shops would not exist, and on and on and on.  Do not attempt to come on here and know everything you claim to know.  And you are one of the morons saying it's all AMFA's fault.  WRONG!  AMFA came in and installed restrictions and many, many added benefits that the company could have done without even sitting down and asking to do so, PERIOD.  And BTW, it was the membership of SWA that chose to allow the Elsolvador outsoucing, NOT AMFA...
And guess what?  The company has to ask the membership once again to continue to outsource to Elsolvador.  Every time they nego a new contract the outsourcing must be agreed to by the MEMBERSHIP not AMFA.  Get a little more educated before spouting off there chiefy.  Trust me I know the contract states "agrees"  you do not know what took place to get to the "agrees" by the membership.  Get a clue before you try so hard to make AMFA look bad...

tell us what you think on the subject, 700.

are you inferring that the TWU lost the jobs and the IAM wouldn't, relishing in F9's customer service issues, or what?