Fun contest! Guess where NWA's next "incident" will be!

Hey guys, Let's turn this into a game show. We'll call it WHEEL OF MISFORTUNE! The wheel would have various mechanical failures on it. Which ever contestant guesses the right location where the "normal" emergency occurs, will win prizes like a free one time doctor visit from Dr. Kevorkian or a free onetime skydive with a faulty scab maintained parachute. The possibilities are endless!

I guess we could also call the show JEPARDY.

Well, that round was over fast!

Okay, this go around, I'm going to take the great state of Texas-specifically SAT.

P.S. It's too bad only "published" incidents count; yesterday 5509 lost pressurization after leaving BWI, and had to divert to PIT. IIRC, this is the same plane that was in LAS, and was previsously discussed here.

Also, on the 24th, an A319 had to drop into TUL unexpectedly after losing an engine. As of last night, it was still sitting there....

Kev, thanks for providing your "insider" information about the incidents at NW that are kept on the QT. Those of us still on the outside appreciate it!

I'm assuming that the A319 that diverted into TUL didn't actually lose an engine - that would have made the news for sure! I wonder if the TWU represented AA mechanics will be working on it? :down: I hope not...

BTW, I do remember back in 1990 a NW B727 flying from TPA to MSP had the #3 engine depart from the A/C after a big chunk of frozen blue juice was injested.

As for the contest, this time I will pick BOS.

Kev, thanks for providing your "insider" information about the incidents at NW that are kept on the QT. Those of us still on the outside appreciate it!

I'm assuming that the A319 that diverted into TUL didn't actually lose an engine - that would have made the news for sure! I wonder if the TWU represented AA mechanics will be working on it? :down: I hope not...

BTW, I do remember back in 1990 a NW B727 flying from TPA to MSP had the #3 engine depart from the A/C after a big chunk of frozen blue juice was injested.

As for the contest, this time I will pick BOS.
All Scab Air flying junkers are considered struck work, which means you work it, a lifetime in scabville for you. :down: Knowing how the twu bubbas are, if overtime is involved, and they can help out management in any way, they will run you over to get there. We will be watching this one. ;)

i'll stay put with the over the middle of the pacific flt maintaince issue! Wonder how NWA keeps flying is beyond me!

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/business/in...list=mibusiness

Anybody have Saginaw, MI?

Northwest flight makes emergency landing in Michigan
7/27/2006, 12:30 a.m. ET
The Associated Press

FREELAND, Mich. (AP) — Smoke began filling a Toronto-bound Northwest Airlines Corp. plane with 82 passengers and five crew members aboard, forcing it to make an emergency landing in central Michigan, an airline spokesman says.

Flight 884 made a safe landing at MBS International Airport about 9:20 p.m. EDT, 80 minutes after it left Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, said Northwest spokesman David Rivard. He said a crew made repairs and the plane left for Toronto International Airport about 11:20 p.m.

The smoke entered the cabin because of a minor problem with a fan, Rivard told WSGW-AM in Saginaw.

MBS International Airport in Freeland serves the Midland-Bay City-Saginaw area.

Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest is Michigan's leading passenger air carrier, with a hub at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

NWA.com's flight tracker says it was an A319. I believe PurduePete wins with the straight line distance between BOS and MBS being 577 nautical miles, I was second with GFK-MBS being 604 nautical miles, and Kev3188 is third with SAT-MBS being 1086 nautical miles.

DTW to NGO, Flt 71 just diverted to MSP. B747-400 lost all oil in one engine. So you also know they dumped fuel (expensive). :shock:

DTW to NGO, Flt 71 just diverted to MSP. B747-400 lost all oil in one engine. So you also know they dumped fuel (expensive). :shock:

So if I lived in a trailer park in Paw Paw Michigan, should I have my buckets out and ready? Feeding my 1977 Chevy LUV truck is getting expensive.

Back