Ge Gives Two More Weeks

zztopper

Sep 8, 2004
US Airways reorg plan filing date now end of April

By Carolyn Pritchard

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- US Airways Group Inc. (UAIRQ) and General Electric Co.'s (GE) GE Capital Aviation Services and GE Engine Services units have extended the date for US Airways to file a reorganization plan with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to the end of the month. The plan had been due Friday.

US Airways and GE Revise Date for Filing Plan of Reorganization

ARLINGTON, Va., April 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc. and GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) and GE Engine Services (GEES) have reached an agreement to extend the date for US Airways to file a Plan of Reorganization (POR) with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.

The April 15, 2005, date for filing a POR has been moved until the end of the month, as the companies continue their discussions about US Airways' progress in finalizing a business plan.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways and GE Revise Date for Filing Plan of Reorganization

ARLINGTON, Va., April 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways Group, Inc. and GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) and GE Engine Services (GEES) have reached an agreement to extend the date for US Airways to file a Plan of Reorganization (POR) with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.

The April 15, 2005, date for filing a POR has been moved until the end of the month, as the companies continue their discussions about US Airways' progress in finalizing a business plan.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="262299"][/post]​

What are you jealous. Someone started this post already and you have to post the same thing!! You need your name in lights..

Guys, please let the pilot slide on this one. The MarketWatch article is full of inaccuracies and the demeanor is quite misleading.

Ladies and Gentlemen! The betting parlor is now open. Odds have been established as follows for the date on which GE will announce that they have given U management until May 15th to file a POR.

April 28th is at 5 to 1; April 29th is at 3 to 1; April 30th is at 15 to 1. Place your bets now. :lol:

I bet they'll let them extend to the end of the summer, let alone May 15th. They will milk this as long as they can from someone who has too much tied up to be objective. US will be able to talk them into needing the summer to see how much they can make from the summer travel. They can also whine about not getting their money from credit cards until the flights are flown. How are they to know how much money they have to work with? :(

Hell if UAL can sit in Bk Courst for 3 years I see no reason why US can't sit in all summer..

GE will just string it along.. One month after another.. What do they have to lose?

justaumechanic said:
Hell if UAL can sit in Bk Courst for 3 years I see no reason why US can't sit in all summer..

GE will just string it along.. One month after another.. What do they have to lose?
[post="262478"][/post]​

Except this is U's second time around. Hell, why not three or four?

This is, of course, just my opinion, but I believe that if US Airways isn't out of bankruptcy by mid-August, they are done. (Well, unless they can find some more furniture to burn.) Once Labor Day rolls around and travel slows down in the fall, it becomes a lot harder to generate cash, and the company's cash position is already quite weak.

Could this extension have anything to do with the rumored AmWest talks?...or is the consensus that CCY is still fishing aimlessly for that final $100M?

Remember that this is GE granting an extension, not the bankruptcy court. I think this is nothing more than a financer of a/c not wanting a bunch of used machines on their hands when most of the potential buyers (other airlines) for the equipment are so broke they can't pay attention.

Apparently, you all need to sacrifice another pay cut.
Then you will be rolling in dough!!!

(and stay in BK like us folk at the ‘Lazy U’)

Hey, we are going for the record!!!

:p UT

UAL_TECH said:
Apparently, you all need to sacrifice another pay cut.
Then you will be rolling in dough!!!

(and stay in BK like us folk at the ‘Lazy U’)

Hey, we are going for the record!!!

:p UT
[post="262492"][/post]​

And the DENIAL you all seem to be over there in UAL land ! You guys better wake up over there or you'll be the ones getting carved up for Thanksgiving!

I was kinda surprised that GE only gave them 2 extra weeks -- not a month or more as in the past.

Patience running out?

Latest posts

Back