Ge Gives Two More Weeks

No, this just gives GE and U management two opportunities per month to show how cooperative everyone is in this matter. That way, everyone will get a "plays well with others" sticker to show to Mother. :lol:

Look for the announcement regarding the extension until May 31st on or around May 14th. And so on, and so forth.

jimntx said:
No, this just gives GE and U management two opportunities per month to show how cooperative everyone is in this matter. That way, everyone will get a "plays well with others" sticker to show to Mother. :lol:

Look for the announcement regarding the extension until May 31st on or around May 14th. And so on, and so forth.
[post="262519"][/post]​

Here's a twist.

Say, WN says to GE Hey what are you guys doing helping our competion!? We've got 800+ engines with you and you're hurting our bottom line.

Say, our Next generation airplane in the works, there's a good chance we may go with another vendor if you keep this up.

With that being said. What do you thing GE will do? With us watching.

GE will do whatever they want, WN won't tell a company the size of GE what do to.

STAMFORD, Conn. - General Electric Co. said Friday that first-quarter profit rose 25 percent from a year ago, powered by recently acquired health care and entertainment businesses, growing global sales and renewed strength in most of its businesses.

Net income grew to $4.04 billion, or 38 cents a share for the three months that ended March 31, from $3.2 billion, or 32 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue rose 19 percent to $39.8 billion from $33.4 billion last year.

700UW said:
GE will do whatever they want, WN won't tell a company the size of GE what do to.
[post="262552"][/post]​
They are customer driven company. We at least have Gold Card privilages. Our opinion should hold some weight don't you think?

Yes, and they are heavily in bed with US, GE would take a bath financially if US goes out of business.

Funny, GE in both bankruptcies have loaned US lots of money and given relief on leases and repair contracts.

What WN thinks does not matter in regard to what GECAS and US does in a business relationship, I would think WN getting any confidential financial information or appyling any influence to GECAS in regard to US is highly illegal.

700UW said:
Yes, and they are heavily in bed with US, GE would take a bath financially if US goes out of business.

Funny, GE in both bankruptcies have loaned US lots of money and given relief on leases and repair contract.

What WN thinks does not matter in regard to what GECAS and US does in a business relationship, I would think WN getting any confidential financial information or appyling any influence to GECAS in regard to US is highly illegal.
[post="262554"][/post]​

Good Post.

What GE does with U has No relationship with WN. Maybe what WN does with GE in the future may be decided on how GE handles things presently. Like you stated before what kind of influence can WN have on GE's dealings with anyone. Just a thought.

700UW said:

Funny, GE in both bankruptcies have loaned US lots of money and given relief on leases and repair contracts.

[post="262554"][/post]​

Just out of curiosity I searched around about GE financing and found a "Dallas Morning New's" article dated April 9th that proves your point (GE has a lot to lose) as well as mine (other people maybe not just WN are watching what GE does with U).

Much of the losses have been financed by new debt, with the airlines mortgaging their aircraft, spare parts and even the occasional headquarters.

The lenders to near-dead carriers such as US Airways Group and long-bankrupt United Airlines Inc. and Hawaiian Airlines Inc. seem willing to keep the carriers aloft despite continuing losses.

In some cases, smaller regional airlines, which are rich with cash by comparison, are sending checks to struggling firms, mostly to keep their fleets of smaller planes flying. Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp. and Republic Airways Holdings Group are both lending millions to US Airways, which contracts with them for regional jet service.

The high-risk financiers also include aircraft-leasing companies and private investors gambling on big returns in hopes that oil prices will subside.

Supplying cash
To be sure, if you adjust the latest financial reports for jet fuel, traditional carriers are showing their best operating numbers since the go-go late '90s.

"If at some point any of these big players loses their appetite for supporting these airlines, it's all going to come down," said consultant Stuart Klaskin of Klaskin Kushner & Co. of Miami.

General Electric Co.'s aircraft financing division has been fingered by Mr. Klaskin and others as a key player in giving some carriers badly needed cash to keep its planes flying.

"GE appears to have an unending willingness to keep carriers going that, by all rights, should be long gone," he said. "I'd like to be the Pepto-Bismol suppliers to those guys right now."

GE feels comfortable with its agreements with carriers such as US Airways, said Eric Jones, a spokesman for General Electric Commercial Aviation Service. In November, GECAS allowed US Airways to defer paying rent on its planes and gave it $140 million in cash.

"At the end of the day, we're in the business of providing financing to the airline industry, and, believe it or not, we make money doing it,"
said Mr. Jones, who added that GECAS has pulled some of its planes from teetering carriers.

If US Airways fails to emerge from its second run through bankruptcy by June 30, GECAS has other options for the planes, he said.

Wall Street senses the heat is on aircraft leasing firms and those throwing financial life preservers to Independence Air and US Airways, among others.

"GE has a lot to lose, increasing pressure on GE to keep US Air aloft," said Robert Ashcroft of UBS Securities in a report last week. He called US Airways' current reorganization plan "unattractive" at current oil prices.

700UW said:
[post="262554"][/post]​

WN making it quietly known to GE that the next 800 or so engines they might buy are not going to come from an entity that's propping up it's competition is by no means illegal.

GE then decides whether selling engines and services to a company that reliably pays it's bills versus taking a gamble on a company in and out of Chapter 11 is worth putting in jeopardy.

I don't pretend to know what GE would do, but a potential vendor change on WN's part is not illegal.

The interesting thing is it does not matter about the next 800 engines or so, as the ONLY engine available for the 737 is the CFM-56, A GE and SCEMFA Product.

700UW said:
The interesting thing is it does not matter about the next 800 engines or so, as the ONLY engine available for the 737 is the CFM-56, A GE and SCEMFA Product.
[post="262580"][/post]​

You are right but from what I understand in 16 years all -300s and -500s will be retired. All we will have is -700s and maybe an Next Generation it would be short sighted if GE were to think they have a LOCK on WN forever.

Utimately, GE has a BIG interest in U's success so they are in a way your partner.

Other airlines who aren't in bankruptcy may have a problem with that. I used us as the example.

Latest posts

Back