Gift For An Aviator

Incog E. Toe

Nov 8, 2003
Hi everyone, I'm new to these boards, so please bear with me if I make mistakes.

I'm not a pilot, and am basically an ignorant passenger when it comes to airplanes. About the only thing I know about airplanes is that they go up in the sky.

I'm shopping for a Christmas gift for my aviator boyfriend, and would like input from other aviators as to what would make a cool and usable quality gift.

I'm looking to spend 30-50 dollars inclusive of shipping and here's what I do know:

He's a CFI,
His first solo was in a Cessna 172R
He loves seaplanes (rated for a Piper Cub on floats and likes the Beaver on floats)
He likes the Beechcraft and DC-10, hates airbuses.
He prefers commercial aircraft to military.
He's been attracted to the ceramic Piper cub sign reproductions; are any artists better than others?
He needs new Aviator sunglasses: I don't know what brand, how much to spend to get a good pair, polarized vs non-polarized (something about water landings and polarized sunglasses?)
Books and magazines are a possibility but he has so many that I don't know which ones he already has, or which titles are good ones.

I'd appreciate suggestions, and again, I apologize if I put this in the wrong place or say something like 'The 747 is a twin prop plane'. ;)

Latest posts