Good Bye Prince

NOt sure if the references to the queen were meant to imply his sexual orientation.  If he was gay, he was associated with a LOT of damn fine looking women.  

The original video apparently was taken down.  I found one that was less about the music and more about the performer - it was from NFL films and they talk about his super bowl halftime performance.  I think it says a lot about him as a performer.  On another thread someone said "too much commentary"...but that's the point - I'd seen the superbowl performance, but I didn't know the backstory.   The NFL won't let a link that is embedded on another website play, so here is a link to the video on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NN3gsSf-Ys

Always looking for outrage where there isn't any to be found, eh KC?

Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her 90th birthday yesterday.

Sure, Prince was a great performer in the 80's. Didn't care for anything after that, though.

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
Always looking for outrage where there isn't any to be found, eh KC?

Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her 90th birthday yesterday.

Sure, Prince was a great performer in the 80's. Didn't care for anything after that, though.

Where was I outraged?   I only pointed out that if he was gay, he associated himself (and married a couple) of incredibly hot women. 

Reactions: 1 person
Prince (or the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince) was young, but we've seen a spate of rock stars die in the last few weeks.

I didn't have Price or Glenn Frey or David Bowie in my death pool. Lemmy wasn't as big a surprise, as he had not been looking well.

Not too many rock stars from MN, and he kept living there. Most gravitate to NYC or out west.

RIP, Prince.

FWAAA said:
Prince (or the artist formerly known as the artist formerly known as Prince) was young, but we've seen a spate of rock stars die in the last few weeks.I didn't have Price or Glenn Frey or David Bowie in my death pool. Lemmy wasn't as big a surprise, as he had not been looking well.Not too many rock stars from MN, and he kept living there. Most gravitate to NYC or out west.RIP, Prince.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/04/22/the-story-behind-why-prince-changed-his-name-to-a-symbol/

"The story behind why Prince changed his name to a symbol"

Reactions: 2 people
xUT said:
'This Can't Be Real': Fans, Celebrities Mourn Prince's Death

attachicon.gif
angela_and_peace_dove_sm_wht.gif

RIP!

I was very saddened to hear about Prince's passing away.
A prolific songwriter, singer, multi-instrumentalist, producer, arranger and performer. He did it all !

Joining in celebrating his music and his works.
RIP Prince.

Prince was the artist that some of us loved to hate. Prince and the Revolution came out with some great songs. 

Unfortunately, his death seems to be heroin related.

RIP

signals said:
Prince was the artist that some of us loved to hate. Prince and the Revolution came out with some great songs. 

Unfortunately, his death seems to be heroin related.

RIP
Hope heroin is not the cause.  It is an epidemic taking lives all over the country.