Hector Shakes Up Inflight

Sorry you guys love and are blinded by unionism, but the rest of America is not and tht is a fact.

Another fact is you all would make more money and have more fulfilling airline careers if the industry had never gone the union route!

End of my anti-union rant for the day, it is pointless discussing it with sheeple!

Those silly Flight Attendant and their Union!! Just think if it wasn't for the union they would all have to quit if they got married or pregnant. They would all have to be a certain height. Forget the Black, Latino and Asian Flight Attendants because we would only want pretty White Ladies.
This is just the tip of the iceburg. Please do not continue to embarrass yourself because it's obvious that you have no clue about the positive things the union has brought to industry.
Just please stop now.

Hate to say it 700 but most of America will disagree with you. If not for government employees, unions would probably would be on the endangered species list.
You are working and believing in a system that is way past its prime!

What a bunch of dribble. The airline industry seems to have a knack of destroying unions either by weakening them or outsourcing good paying jobs.

When unions are finally destroyed and you think your job is secure, don't turn your back on the young go-getter who will kiss more butt and take a pay cut to take over your cushy-secure job. Regardless who you are, you are replaceable and you live in a dream world if you think you're not!

Sorry you guys love and are blinded by unionism, but the rest of America is not and tht is a fact.

Another fact is you all would make more money and have more fulfilling airline careers if the industry had never gone the union route!

End of my anti-union rant for the day, it is pointless discussing it with sheeple!

Drink up "sheeple :blink: "

Isn't it time for RUSH in PHX? :blink:

Those silly Flight Attendant and their Union!! Just think if it wasn't for the union they would all have to quit if they got married or pregnant. They would all have to be a certain height. Forget the Black, Latino and Asian Flight Attendants because we would only want pretty White Ladies.
This is just the tip of the iceburg. Please do not continue to embarrass yourself because it's obvious that you have no clue about the positive things the union has brought to industry.
Just please stop now.

You're right. That kind of practice would still be alive and well today, because in my 2009 non-union job I only work with pretty white women. Gee, now that I think about it I can't recall the last time I saw an African American, Latino or Asian oversized or pregnant woman in my workplace.

You can argue that unions brought civility and fair work rules to the entire country and anyone who's in a non-union job should be thankful. I can counter argue that the need for skilled workers is what has made companies create attractive work environments and compensation packages to rank and file non union employees.

And, just why has the entire workforce of DL (except pilot) remained non union all those years? I guess companies actually can pay their employees fair and equitable wages and benefits without being strong armed by a union that really can't bring anything to the table except an additional payroll deduction from the workers' checks.

Has anyone confirmed that all of the Supervisors and above must re-interview for their jobs or another position?

The changes sound positive and I hope that the company follows through with their plan and that this isn't just another instance of the company blowing up a smoke screen improvement plan.

I need a little less talk and a lot more action, LOL.

This thread is not about debating union vs. non union, and some of the comments here are getting a little too personal...so if you are looking for a comment that's been deleted, check the rules of the board.

That said, one more off topic post and this one is closed.

Also, the original post is being edited to delete unauthorized content.

The changes sound positive and I hope that the company follows through with their plan and that this isn't just another instance of the company blowing up a smoke screen improvement plan.

I need a little less talk and a lot more action, LOL.
Just read the announcement on the AFA website..
I think it will be very positive, as all the the Managers that were appointed... Some to
VP status are very, very good at what they do. The AWA people will find these people a breath of fresh air... and they will learn that they can be treated as humans and not robots.
They will also learn that they are valued employees... :up:

My first thought was, why are we doing this when we have how many people going on "INVOLUNTARY" furlough???

Improvements are always a positive.

I am not sure how you link proposed positive changes to Invols, if you want to go into further details that would be great.

I also see no reason why the invols could not apply for the new positions to get back to work.

There are no improvements"yet". Only promotions and new middle management "fill". Promotions mean people are getting pay raises. Pay raises mean increased budget. We can increase the budget to promote people but not give the currently "unemployed" their jobs back? Those folks on invol can't apply for the new jobs because they have already been filled.

ps. Was there a posting about these new positions so everyone would have a fair shot at them?

So far, the only "change" I've seen is we have potato chips instead of Sun Chips! :blink:

There are people at US that Dolce & Gabanna or Christian Lacroix and their best haute couture couldn't help. The uniform issue goes back quite a long while. If one can't take pride in the way they look there's no help. As for the changes announced within inflight I TRULY, TRULY believe that Hector has the right vision. I just hope that it all comes to fruition. Some things are easier said than done. I know he understands our issues and realizes it is an uphill battle that won't be won overnight. He has the inflight service side to deal with along with the managerial side. It's a lot to handle but I sure do believe he's up to the task. Certainly an improvement over past "experience" around here. :rolleyes: