High Crimes and Misdemeanors?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Obama says he didn’t inform Mexico of U.S. gun smuggling operation because he didn’t know about it

hillary-thumbs.jpg

This could have major implications for his Presidency and will put his organizing skills to the test no doubt.

Under fire for an operation that allowed smuggling of U.S. weapons across the nation’s border with Mexico, President Obama said in an interview that neither he nor Attorney General Eric Holder authorized the controversial “Operation Fast and Furious.”

The Mexican government has complained that it didn’t know about the U.S. operation that allowed guns to illegally cross the southwestern border so they could track the weapons.

Article

I posted about this last March...wonder where its gone....

WASHINGTON - CBS News has obtained secretly recorded conversations that raise questions as to whether some evidence is being withheld in the murder of a Border Patrol agent.
A misguided attempt to usurp the Constitution and second amendment rights?

But Obama would never usurp the Constitution.

Duh.....

President Obama has said that neither he nor Justice Department head Eric Holder knew about or approved of the operation. In a statement this afternoon, an administration official told CBS News: "As has already been reported, the emails referenced in this letter affirm that no one at the White House knew about the investigative tactics being used in the operation, let alone any decision to let guns walk. To the extent that some NSS staffers were briefed on the toplines of ongoing federal efforts, so were members of Congress. The Washington Post reported that House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa received a Fast and Furious briefing in April of 2010. These types of top-line briefings would not include a discussion of the investigative tactics like gun-walking. These e-mail exchanges show nothing more than an effort to give local color to a policy initiative that was designed to give more resources to help with the border problem. They don't even contain the name "Fast and Furious" until February 2011, after the indictment was unsealed."

Will bite him in the ass?

asset_upload_file761_12313.jpg

Point of order Mr President!

Excuse me but YOU are the POTUS and it's YOUR job to know when Federal Agents are wandering around a foreign country without the permission of said foreign government.That's what We The People pay you for among other things. Time to open up a real incestigation. Between, Solyndra, LightSquare and Fast and Furious there is at least one smoking gun someplace.. Time to find it and get this rat b*stard out before it's to late.

Folks this is what happens when you elect someone with a good line of Bullshite and no experience

May be he can use the same defense Reagan used. Worked once before.

Is Reagan President NOW????

NO!!

Then STFU about him. The issue in the conduct of the current President, not one from 20+ years ago.

How about we blame it ion FDR and his tie salesman Vice President?

No wait let's blame President Garfield!! Yeah that's the ticket. It's all President Garfield's fault. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enough with the drama already. Look up the term 'president' before you go rambling off the deep end. It is an interesting concept of US law and just might have some bearing here.

Reactions: 2 people
The same people who will go to any length to say POTUS and AG had no knowledge about the gun running operation are the same ones who are claim Obama came up with and gave the KOBL mission op briefing to Seal Team Six...

Reactions: 1 person
The same people who will go to any length to say POTUS and AG had no knowledge about the gun running operation are the same ones who are claim Obama came up with and gave the KOBL mission op briefing to Seal Team Six...

Who said Obama gave a mission briefing?

So when the original argument fails it's time to post a RP video on a topic completely unrelated to the one being discussed.

So when the original argument fails it's time to post a RP video on a topic completely unrelated to the one being discussed.

What would you like to discuss? The Back Bench Junior Senator posing as POTUS and the whether his blatant Crony Capitalism rises to the level of an impeachable offense?

The answer to that question is, "We don't know yet". What we do know is there is certainly the appearance of impropriety. The rule of law here is paramount. If laws were broken and it looks like they may have been then Mr Obama needs to be held accountable for his actions just as you would be. We do not have an Imperial President although given his level of condescending arrogance it's often hard to remember that.

The whole BATF and Operation Fast & Furious is a real problem IMO. This involves a foreign country and a significant number of casualties, mostly foreign nationals. There are a whole lot of people scrambling on this one to cover up, duck, dodge & deflect questions regarding Holder and Obama's level of involvement or knowledge of the operation. This one has the potential to make Watergate look like a day at the beach.

Right now we have lot's of smoke in the form of denials and accusations and a small but growing body of evidence that The Empty Suit was/is up to his eyeballs in these scandals. All we need now is for a 20 year old white intern to say she performed oral favors for Mr Obama and he's toast! :p

You can discuss what ever you want to. I just thought it was funny that you start a thread on the MX thing and end up with a RP video on the economy.

They call it 'plausible dependability'. No one tells the POTUS whats going on so when someone asks the POTUS what's going on he/she can actually say "I don't know". It's a huge crock of crap as far as I am concerned. If you have people working for you, you are in charge and you are responsible. If it can be shown that you took all possible step to make sure that you knew what was going on and they still circumvented the law and by passed you then I think the culpability is slightly less but the bottom line is that you are in charge. Unfortunately Reagan blew a hole in that so large you could drive a truck through it. So now Obama gets to skate through that same hole left by a predecessor.

The only people who can hold him liable now are the voters. Just as it was the Dems election to loose in 2008, it's the republicans election to loose in 2012. So far it looks like the republicans are loosing but we still have a year.

You can discuss what ever you want to. I just thought it was funny that you start a thread on the MX thing and end up with a RP video on the economy.

They call it 'plausible dependability'. No one tells the POTUS whats going on so when someone asks the POTUS what's going on he/she can actually say "I don't know". It's a huge crock of crap as far as I am concerned. If you have people working for you, you are in charge and you are responsible. If it can be shown that you took all possible step to make sure that you knew what was going on and they still circumvented the law and by passed you then I think the culpability is slightly less but the bottom line is that you are in charge. Unfortunately Reagan blew a hole in that so large you could drive a truck through it. So now Obama gets to skate through that same hole left by a predecessor.

The only people who can hold him liable now are the voters. Just as it was the Dems election to loose in 2008, it's the republicans election to loose in 2012. So far it looks like the republicans are loosing but we still have a year.

Seems I put the RP clip in the wrong thread! I WAS on the phone while I posted. His ultimate accountability will lie with "We The People" which is as it should be.

I'm not quite as certain that he will "Skate" through the hole you mentioned as given the political climate of the day, coupled with hundreds more news outlets then in 1972 and the internet may have caused that "hole" to heal over and he will be unable to break through it. We'll have to wait on that one.

What I find particularly interesting in your reply is you offer no actual defense of his administration or their policies and that is quite telling.

The hole is legal not political. The political climate should have no affect on the legality of the actions.

Why would I offer a defense of an action that I clearly stated several times is the responsibility of the POTUS? Regan was POTUS and people under his command willfully and intentionally violated the law. Regan skated. It was wrong then and it is wrong now. Congress let Reagan skate and that set the precedent.

Illegal acts committed by people under the command of the POTUS are never defensible. They were not defensible under Reagan and they are not defensible now.

Latest posts