Mexican President to US, review your gun laws

EastCheats

Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
President Calderon, how have strict gun laws worked for you with 55,000 drug and gang related deaths during your tenure?

Mexican president to US: You know, you guys should really review your gun laws
posted at 2:01 pm on July 22, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Coming from the president of a country that’s seen at least 55,000 drug-and-gang-related deaths during his tenure, the blithe audacity is enough to make your head spin.

Mexican President Felipe Calderon condemned U.S. gun laws as “mistaken” and urged Washington to review them after a shooter killed 12 people and injured more than 50 others at a U.S. movie theater on Friday.

But Mexico’s president, who has repeatedly called on Washington to tighten gun controls to stop weapons flowing from the United States into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, said U.S. weapons policy needed a rethink after the killings.
“Because of the Aurora, Colorado tragedy, the American Congress must review its mistaken legislation on guns. It’s doing damage to us all,” Calderon said.
Calderon has been a constant critic of the United States’ gun laws, and is constantly blaming us for systemic drug violence in Mexico, but it seems to me that the Mexican president consistently demonstrates an attitude toward the United States that is nothing short of insolent.

Where does he get off? For years, Calderon’s been backhandedly criticizing us for our attempts to stop illegal immigration and secure our border — he wants a porous border so that people can move north and send U.S. dollars south, but if any weapons make it across this porous border into the hands of Mexican drug cartels, its the fault of the Second Amendment?

He effectively denies law-abiding Mexican citizens the right to carry arms, but somehow the country is flooded with criminals running amok with them? He wants to sue American gun manufacturers, but is oddly quiet when the Obama administration willfully puts weapons in the hands of Mexican cartels?

No, just no. His own leadership and policies have consistently failed to address the issue, and now we’re reduced to hearing sneering little remarks about how the world’s problems are somehow our fault.

U.S. people to Mexican President...............develop a country your citizens don't want to run away from !

You are correct. Mexico needs to improve conditions for it's citizens rather than looking the other way while they try to find greener grass in our back yard. At our expense..

Paul Harvey said something along the lines of don't make the country you are running to look like the one you are running from when speaking of the trash dumped by illegals. I've seen it myself when camping near Tucson.

Desert Invasion - U.S.
Articles on the destruction of border National Parks, National Monuments, National Wildlife Refuges, and National Forests
Articles: 2004 January thru June

Illegal immigration: quagmire of filth across the desert
By Frosty Wooldridge, MICHnews.com, June 25, 2004
"ILLEGAL ENTRIES" by 30 year veteran Border Patrol officer John W. Slagle exposes the vulnerability of our southern borders to infiltration by any terrorist who wants access to the United States. Mexican drug rings and 'coyotes' cross our borders at will 24/7. They transport 75 percent of all illegal drugs sold on the streets of America. As for human cargoes, they charge from $1,500.00 to $3,500.00 per client, and as high as $25,000.00 for Chinese and Middle Easterners.

You might be deeply thrilled to know that illegal aliens and legal immigrants alike send $15 billion back to Mexico annually. It's one of the reasons they have 22 billionaires and the lowest income tax, at 14 percent, in Latin America. Why not? They send their poorest and most uneducated into our country and let us pay to educate their children. How many? Estimates range from 1 to 1.5 million illegal alien children are taught on the U.S. taxpayer's backs. Cost per child? The average is $7,000.00 per year and higher...

On average, each illegal alien drops eight pounds of trash while making his way into America. At an estimated one million per year, that means eight million pounds of trash blow around the desert.

First, this is a glass house dweller who isn't throwing stones, but rather is dropping boulders.

As far as the illegals, being a legal immigrant, I actually see why your government shuts an eye while trying to appease the general population. There's a town in Texas, if I remember correctly, on the Mexican boarder that busses children from Mexico, just to get aid from the government by increasing head count. This may be the jist, but something is amiss.

Remember the fence? Animal activist got involved saying that certain parrot migrations would be affected-bewcause parrots can't fly over a fence :rolleyes: . They also were concerned that every 7 or 10 years a couple of jaguars enter the US territory :rolleyes:

But lets get to something you might not see. Although surrounded by bad publicity, the Mexican economy is growing. Their GDP is growing much faster than ours.

Another thing is that despite the rhetoric, since US land was 'taken' from them, they do have some weird sort of grandfather rights as best as I can describe them. This country has won many wars, you can't convince me that they can't stop illegal immigration if they wanted to.

Finally it seves a purpose. Cheap labor mean cheap prices. Produce price is on the rise and it isn't only due to the drought.

These are my observations.

First, this is a glass house dweller who isn't throwing stones, but rather is dropping boulders.

As far as the illegals, being a legal immigrant, I actually see why your government shuts an eye while trying to appease the general population. There's a town in Texas, if I remember correctly, on the Mexican boarder that busses children from Mexico, just to get aid from the government by increasing head count. This may be the jist, but something is amiss.

Remember the fence? Animal activist got involved saying that certain parrot migrations would be affected-bewcause parrots can't fly over a fence :rolleyes: . They also were concerned that every 7 or 10 years a couple of jaguars enter the US territory :rolleyes:

But lets get to something you might not see. Although surrounded by bad publicity, the Mexican economy is growing. Their GDP is growing much faster than ours.

Another thing is that despite the rhetoric, since US land was 'taken' from them, they do have some weird sort of grandfather rights as best as I can describe them. This country has won many wars, you can't convince me that they can't stop illegal immigration if they wanted to.

Finally it seves a purpose. Cheap labor mean cheap prices. Produce price is on the rise and it isn't only due to the drought.

These are my observations.

That land issue is BS. I believe it was the Spaniards who took from Mexico, all we did was purchase it.

That land issue is BS. I believe it was the Spaniards who took from Mexico, all we did was purchase it.

It is a far-fetched outlook, but they may still have squaters rights. Think-when we purchased it, did we evict or kill all the Spaniards or Mexicans? Technically, that would make them citizens.

Worped, huh?

It is a far-fetched outlook, but they may still have squaters rights. Think-when we purchased it, did we evict or kill all the Spaniards or Mexicans? Technically, that would make them citizens.

Worped, huh?

I have no problem with legal immigration from Mexico. Go through the process to become a citizen. Not sneak across the border and expect special treatment and social services without adding to the pot.

Worped, huh?

The only problem is the narrative being spread by the likes of LaRaza and others is the US 'stole' it. It is a lie.
I dunno about squatters rights either.

Those present when the Louisiana Purchase and other land deals got their citizenship, and more rights initially than the Native Americans did.

But to say that someone from Mexico is claiming grandfather rights 100-150 years later? It's like the slavery restitution claims from people whose ancestors didn't arrive in the US until the 1870's.

Prove that your ancestors were here when the annexation took place, and maybe there's a case to be made. Until then, you get to sign the guest book like someone from another country has to.

Reactions: 1 person
If proof were the issue, then you should prove that they weren't. The point is this...IF ALL OTHER COUNTRIES COINTROL ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, WHAT'S THE USAs PROBLEM? Why can the USA control all immigration except that from Latin America? Is the USA retarded...or is there an ulterior motive?