Hmmmm, A Vote Soon?

NWAMSP

Advanced
Aug 22, 2005
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_253120433.html

So when AMFA lost the majority of your jobs they are letting those left vote on a final offer?

Quoting Dell's puppet from the article

"....He said the AMFA committee negotiating with Northwest Airlines has an obligation to give the mechanics a choice. And he said the union members have the obligation and right to make that choice..."

What choice did you have before the strike was called without a Vote? How come the big man can't be quoted...has to have his little tool do the talking?

Are any NWA amfa outraged that they did not get to vote on the offer before the strike but now can Vote so Dell can say - hey that's what they voted for - wasn't our negotiation strategy that lost another 1500 members.

:down:
NWAMSP said:
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_253120433.html

So when AMFA lost the majority of your jobs they are letting those left vote on a final offer?

Quoting Dell's puppet from the article

"....He said the AMFA committee negotiating with Northwest Airlines has an obligation to give the mechanics a choice. And he said the union members have the obligation and right to make that choice..."

What choice did you have before the strike was called without a Vote? How come the big man can't be quoted...has to have his little tool do the talking?

Are any NWA amfa outraged that they did not get to vote on the offer before the strike but now can Vote so Dell can say - hey that's what they voted for - wasn't our negotiation strategy that lost another 1500 members.
[post="298570"][/post]​
Wasn't there a vote to strike. As I recall, it was 92% for the strike. And why vote on what the membership does not want?? You seem like a guy who can't be pleased. Every airline has them.

I would think they would want to vote on something prior to BK, even though it would be soundly rejected. Not an expert by any means but wouldn't voting set a precendence of what will not be accepted to the judge. The union is obviously going to make the case for bad faith negotiations and a rejection prior to BK should validate their case at least in their eyes, no telling what a judge will do.

Now voting now as compared to prior to the lockout/strike really wouldn't matter because with zero people crossing the line the first 10 days and 4 after 3 weeks, it should tell you where the vote would go; down.

If AMFA votes on anything they are going to vote it in and tuck their tails and go back to almost working, but it is just my guess. ;)

As a NWA AMFA member i would have been pissed off if they had brought back the company's offer to vote on, as i will if they bring this offer back. I dont mind waiting til BK filing to let a judge decide what we get. Im sure im not the only one who told their rep not to bring back something not worthy of my time to vote on, the only ones you hear whining about not being able to vote are the IAM wannabes which have no balls.

chasbatl said:
As a NWA AMFA member i would have been pissed off if they had brought back the company's offer to vote on, as i will if they bring this offer back. I dont mind waiting til BK filing to let a judge decide what we get. Im sure im not the only one who told their rep not to bring back something not worthy of my time to vote on, the only ones you hear whining about not being able to vote are the IAM wannabes which have no balls.
[post="298738"][/post]​

Hey an actual NWA Mechanic I didn't think there were any in here just armchair quarterbacks from other Airlines,

good luck man I hope this thing works out for you.

I really don't think a vote is necessary after the 13th it is going to be a free market for anyone wanting a job with no union involvement. It is a little late for AMFA to accept concessions. This strike was totally pointless if they accept concessions that are less than the original offer. If there is a vote it should be a vote as to whether or not to liquidate AMFA.

Come on guys I see everyone's names at the bottom so I know you are in here get on with the post's , I'm starting to lose interest I have the last 5 post's on here contrary to what you might think, i'm not on here to type to myself hell I know what I think, I want to know what you guys think.

Don't force me to look for entertainment somewhere else cause I will if I have to. B) Nothing on TV but I got a blockbuster down the street. ;)

Alright thats it i'm out of here you guys had your chance and you blew it, looks like it's blockbuster, don't talk about me when I leave you had your chance when I was in here, PTO call me if they do ok :huh: wait you don't know who I am never mind, just take up for me if they do ok, I know you will help out a Union brother ;)

Hope the liquer store is still open, i'm pert near out.

Have a nice day :D

Latest posts