How many female A&P ? percentage?

D7571987

Senior
Oct 2, 2015
Hello,

Would any of you know how many lady mechanics you have working on planes and have a&p license ?

Actually working as an a&p, not tool room or hired in as supervisor, planning, etc.

Im at UAL line and it looks like in the areas ive been its less than 1 %. I dont know about base.

Thanks

Hello,

Would any of you know how many lady mechanics you have working on planes and have a&p license ?

Actually working as an a&p, not tool room or hired in as supervisor, planning, etc.

Im at UAL line and it looks like in the areas ive been its less than 1 %. I dont know about base.

Thanks

I`d say 1% is about right. In our hangar we have just over 300 AMTs. 3 of which are female.

I think in Dallas we have about a half dozen or so, give or take. So out of 2559, that would be no where near 1%. However that was the entire mechanic and related list, so I will also go with the 1%. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hello,

Thanks
Why does it matter?

Are there a bunch of woman beating down the gates to work on aircraft?

Not judging either way.

Just had an 8000 lbs inbound flight. They sent out a Woman from Zone support to assist. We asked her if she wanted to dump the freight from the belly or catch the freight?

Her response was that she couldn’t do either one because she was pregnant. (2 years with AA)

My Crew Chief and I just looked at each other.

For a second I wasn’t quite sure what we do for a living here any longer?

Not judging either way.

Just had an 8000 lbs inbound flight. They sent out a Woman from Zone support to assist. We asked her if she wanted to dump the freight from the belly or catch the freight?

Her response was that she couldn’t do either one because she was pregnant. (2 years with AA)

My Crew Chief and I just looked at each other.

For a second I wasn’t quite sure what we do for a living here any longer?
And there you go, and if you say anything you are a bigot. It is a no win situation.

Well I have no idea where youre coming from so I dont know what to say about it. I dont think my question has anything negative going on.

Why does it matter?

Are there a bunch of woman beating down the gates to work on aircraft?

Why is this even being talked about?
757 Why did you bring this into a conversation?
Just curious...