IAM 141

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Dear Sisters and Brothers:

Your Negotiating Committee met with the Company in CLT this week in our continuing efforts to bring these discussions to an end. Our guarded expectations of moving these discussions to that point ... exceeded our expectations.

While some progress was achieved, some very thorny issues failed to be completely resolved. Some of which are scope (job security) issues, pensions and wage issues among others.

Your Negotiating Committee will be meeting during the interim recess to further address a number of legal issues with our lawyers and prepare a comprehensive proposal, to be presented to the Company, when we next reconvene our negotiations.

We are still holding out hope that an acceptable agreement can be achieved in your behalf, sooner, rather than later.

Our continuing goal is to provide you with an opportunity to review and render a determination through the ratification process the options/terms we will accept as a union membership.

We will continue to update you as events so warrant.

Sincerely and fraternally,

S. R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing
General Chairman

Sounds good ,but how about a time table , when are you meeting next? haven't you had enough time to look at the legal issues ?If it takes you 3 weeks to look at the legal issues everytime they are presented after dealing with this issue for the last few years , maybe you need more apt legal coucil so that instead of having another meeting 3 or 4 weeks from now you can meet again by next monday , or perhaps friday .I'm glad that progress has been made , what that is we all remain in the dark as too , but i'd like to see that comperensive propsoal you have for us , sooner rather than later .

What does he mean by 'ratification process'? I thought the NC was empowered to agree to an agreement without a vote.

What does he mean by 'ratification process'? I thought the NC was empowered to agree to an agreement without a vote.
Youll vote on your own $crew!n&...wont be able to blame the union if you dont like it.

They will bring it to a vote,they have already used the strike word.So if everyone votes no,they can us it again.When the NMB is brought in for cooling off period etc.

We will probably do the sept,arbitration,NMB,last minute countdown,last offer we recomend a yes vote dance again.

Latest posts