IAM Fleet Negotiations update

Brother Freedom,the price has already been paid,were paying it daily in lost wages and sweat.It was paid when this company made us vote to eliminate our own union brothers from the property.It gets payed everytime someone clocks in at the new pay scale.It gets paid everytime a mom or dad has to say good buy to the kids or spouse to get on a damn airplane to go to work.Its been paid,its time for some re/payment.Ask for the universe and settle for nothing less than a solar system.

Remember in the famous words of one of the last CEO's its not what your worth its what you negotiate....

Very well said +1.

As suspected, no mention of eliminating the 60 day furlough language from the current CBA......
Wings, I don't want to speak for the IAM and I know I've always been burnt and wrong when I assume the IAM is going to take care of some things, but IMO I think the 60 day furlough thing will be thrown out. I can't logically think otherwise, especially since arbitration over your companies head is a 'big stick'.

Also, if the topout is finally inked at $17.85 in this post bankruptcy contract, then it is a lower wage than fleet received 18 years ago when it was free from the IAM. And it has nothing to do with bankruptcy, only IAM might.
There is no logical reason why anyone at Delta or Continental would vote for the IAM by majority and that is why they are still free from such foolishness.

regards,

What abunch of friggin wimps. You'll vote for $h1+ and eat it too!!!!!! Bend over cause you just gave in to the thieves!!!! If this is what we are going to be voting on the East says *&%$ YOU!!!! No wonder you guys don't make $h1+ for wages. No BALLS. We should be going after a similar contract to Southwest not Walmart! Like I said NO BALLS!!!! Wimps friggin wimps!!!!!! No education. They keep giving themselves record bonuses and you keep bending over. We should be outrageous in our demands and maybe we would end up with something but to settle for what you are talking about is outrageous. You can get this kind of crap without paying friggin union dues.

Wings, I don't want to speak for the IAM and I know I've always been burnt and wrong when I assume the IAM is going to take care of some things, but IMO I think the 60 day furlough thing will be thrown out. I can't logically think otherwise, especially since arbitration over your companies head is a 'big stick'.

Also, if the topout is finally inked at $17.85 in this post bankruptcy contract, then it is a lower wage than fleet received 18 years ago when it was free from the IAM. And it has nothing to do with bankruptcy, only IAM might.
There is no logical reason why anyone at Delta or Continental would vote for the IAM by majority and that is why they are still free from such foolishness.

regards,
Tim, I dug out one of my old paystubs.....September of 1989 to be exact, and my hourly wage was $17.87 at the time, and I was at top rate. When you say that the 60 day furlough language will be thrown out, do you mean out of the CBA, or out of the negotiations?

Tim, I dug out one of my old paystubs.....September of 1989 to be exact, and my hourly wage was $17.87 at the time, and I was at top rate. When you say that the 60 day furlough language will be thrown out, do you mean out of the CBA, or out of the negotiations?
Listen here

Tim Nelson has no working knowledge of the negotiations of ours or any other group on the US property....He does not even work for US anymore and continues to inject false hopes and rhetoric into an already skittish membership.....

So asking him for an explanation of certain elements of ours (not his) contract or proposals would be like going to the local boilers union shop and asking them...

Everyone on here that works for US really needs to understand this...

Tim it's time to move on dude.....we have enough problems already without you meddling.....

Regards

Listen here

Tim Nelson has no working knowledge of the negotiations of ours or any other group on the US property....He does not even work for US anymore and continues to inject false hopes and rhetoric into an already skittish membership.....

So asking him for an explanation of certain elements of ours (not his) contract or proposals would be like going to the local boilers union shop and asking them...

Everyone on here that works for US really needs to understand this...

Tim it's time to move on dude.....we have enough problems already without you meddling.....

Regards

oh yeah , rumors are rumors , it's just fun to run secenarios , No one should take what i've posted to be anything other than what severs my self interest pertaning to the wage top out , by the time we would be topped out at 18.00 i would be as well and thus ready for a new contract with a higher top out .

isthisok , geez don't get so worked up by a few westies wishing they had more money , you have to remember that it's YOUR east coast people that RUN this union , so thus it is YOUR views on wages that will be represented ...unless of course you don't trust your elected IAM officals to serve you ?

I believe the 60 day thingy will be thrown out of the CBA. I'm sure of it but I didn't hear about it with this 'key source'. I'll follow up. Sure hope so anyways.

regards,

Freedom......I understand that you guys out West want more money. Believe me! One thing you guys have to understand though, is that you are giving the IAM an easy way out by stating your views on pay increase, here. We are the lowest paid in the industry and we have made profits lets see oh 6 quarters straight. We can't settle for a measly $18.00 dollars an hour. That is poverty wages out East!
We are working our tails off here in the East, working short and taking it in the shorts. I just get tired of people discussing wages on this forum. This is not the place. The negotiating table is where that should be done. Make the union work for those dues. These guys will sell you out if you give them the easy way out. Nobody is discussing the ending date of this transtion agreement. They probably want to stretch it to 2012 and that is not acceptable out here for those wages.
You guys talk tough well show them you are. Don't talk wages because believe me they read this crap and you are playing right into the companies hands. Please use common sense when posting so as to not show our hand. Let the union do the negotiating not do it her.
I wish you guys well out West cause it don't look to good for the future.

Freedom......I understand that you guys out West want more money. Believe me! One thing you guys have to understand though, is that you are giving the IAM an easy way out by stating your views on pay increase, here. We are the lowest paid in the industry and we have made profits lets see oh 6 quarters straight. We can't settle for a measly $18.00 dollars an hour. That is poverty wages out East!
We are working our tails off here in the East, working short and taking it in the shorts. I just get tired of people discussing wages on this forum. This is not the place. The negotiating table is where that should be done. Make the union work for those dues. These guys will sell you out if you give them the easy way out. Nobody is discussing the ending date of this transtion agreement. They probably want to stretch it to 2012 and that is not acceptable out here for those wages.
You guys talk tough well show them you are. Don't talk wages because believe me they read this crap and you are playing right into the companies hands. Please use common sense when posting so as to not show our hand. Let the union do the negotiating not do it her.
I wish you guys well out West cause it don't look to good for the future.

Ish,
I pretty much agree with everything you have always said but any misunderstanding started with PHL a long time before the west was won. Contrary to popular thought, PHL is the most anti union station on the map if we hold unionism to the strictest definitions.
Unionism has always been about 'equal work equal pay', or "one for all". When the antiunion and antiworker IAM Bosses agreed with the company to the innovative and original 'second class' pay station, PHL was all to happy to piss on all of their union brothers and sisters to keep $17bucks an hour with their incredible majority vote that pushed in the worst contract on the planet. The IAM mustered this anti union sentiment within PHL by giving PHL a few chiefs to preach the antiunion anthem of division.
So, the 'tag team' [insert westies and majority of east side stations] 'fully understand' the game being played. They were the ones that PHL hosed. It's not, 'one for all' but 'everyone for himself', that's the game that was played and will most likely continue to be played unless the 'tag team' decides to back PHL and forego a 15% pay raise. It ain't going to happen ish!
Again, IMO, the arbitration is the ONLY place where justice could be found against injust institutions [insert IAM and companies], but as you and me agree, arbitration is the furthest thing from the IAM.
There is no question that the vast majority of the 'tag team' will push through a contract that gives them a 15% pay raise but limits the pay % for the other half dozen east side cities to just under 3% raise. Unfortunately, I also have heard that the starting pay will be at $10hr and I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that many of PHL's own with less than a couple years will be all too happy to vote 'yes'. And if the buyout is finally resolved, it would not surprise me if the older employees voted for this contract also. Everyone must make thier own choice.

Unfortunately, unions and even union members don't understand the unions of old. Once you give up the 'all for one and one for all' and the 'equal pay for equal work', it's caddy by the door for whoever gets the short end of the stick [insert minority here]. This time, the minority will be PHL and the other half dozen stations on the east.

regards,

Tim there were other stations beside PHL that pushed that last piece of garbage thru...believe me. The membership has always been weak and uninformed. Just look they voted the IAM in. By the way I am one of those olders employees and they have to offer me a much better buyout than the last one and even better than what Southwest is offering to get me to go. I will vote no on anything less than at least what we started with before concessions. That is wishful thinking though because the company has just pumped up the weak membership by adding the West and they will vote for anything that is brought down. A said state of affairs...............

Tim there were other stations beside PHL that pushed that last piece of garbage thru...believe me. The membership has always been weak and uninformed. Just look they voted the IAM in. By the way I am one of those olders employees and they have to offer me a much better buyout than the last one and even better than what Southwest is offering to get me to go. I will vote no on anything less than at least what we started with before concessions. That is wishful thinking though because the company has just pumped up the weak membership by adding the West and they will vote for anything that is brought down. A said state of affairs...............

+1