IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jester,

The contract we would be voting on May 8th is the TA, if voted down we would have to vote on the BK contract. I think you are assuming that the west wants the BK contract if theTA is voted down but I don't think you can assume the west wants either contract. Bottom line, different contract, different vote.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Jester,

I want to reiterate to you that it would be political suicide for Canale to ask for a vote by west only to go to east BK contract if this TA is voted down.

Respectfully,

P. REZ

Freedom I don't know where you get your info but I live and work here and if CLT is not at least 3 to 1 NO I will be stunned PHL well PHL is PHL needless to say they will be 3 to 1 plus NO

when you have heard as many people as I have bi**h about this p o s hard to think they are closet yes votes

Freedom I don't know where you get your info but I live and work here and if CLT is not at least 3 to 1 NO I will be stunned PHL well PHL is PHL needless to say they will be 3 to 1 plus NO

when you have heard as many people as I have bi**h about this p o s hard to think they are closet yes votes

Question , how many FSA's do you guys have in your class two citites ?

Mr. REZ,

You appear to be a reasonable person based upon your posts as a relative newcomer to the board. I have asked Tim this question, but he has dodged it, so I'll ask you the same question and see how you might respond within the following scenario:

Both you and Tim have claimed that Boss Canale cannot or will not force West under the current East contract, contrary to Mr. Necigrad's claims of hearing Boss Canale making such statements. One argument has been it was be a "material change" to the East contract, but is it? If the T.A. was to be rejected in a similar fashion to the prior T.A. with the East largely rejecting the new T.A. and the West voting in favor of the T.A., then the East would have the same existing contract. However, if West was to overwhelmingly vote in favor the T.A., Boss Canale could argue that the West has spoken they want the new contract, and as the existing East contract is close to the T.A., then what is the harm to West as it was their desire to accept the T.A., especially as further negotiations would not take place of another two years?
Huh?
Let me see if I got this right, you're saying if the west votes in favor of this agreement then that gives Canale the right to merge the west into the east agreement [which is a totally different agreement].
Mind boggling but representative of the thinkings of those voting yes.

Vote yes over the monetary reasons which I would understand. Dont vote yes over nonsensical thinkings an bizarre reasonings.

Just the facts for the west side

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

If all you're going to do is guess a vote between East class 2 and West field forget it. you won't even come close there are so many fence sitter with the merger scare looming.....

The class 2's were mostly yes last time. Approx 600 out of 5300 are class 2, or 10%.

Freedom, your opinion is as valid as mine at this time but I can assure you that PHL will bring in more No's this time [due to more flexible voting hours] since it only had a 50% turnout last time.
CLT is a definate No and the differential should be very strong.
OTOH, only PHX is a super strong yes. LAS is a yes but I doubt LAS votes more than 60% Yes, might be a split. 19 stations are depending on which station you're talking about. Some are 100% yes, some are 100% no.

At any rate, it's way too early to start polling. My plan is to get a 90% no vote systemwide.

The good thing is that this will be done democratically. So time will tell. I'm thankful Randy gave us 4 weeks to bring out the facts.

West Lies and MR comments

regards,
Tim Nelson

I am curious how the entire fleet system of nearly 7700 breaks down ??

I know PHX has around 1100 give or take a few heads...

Anybody else with ballpark figures on hub head counts ??

LAS
CLT
PHL

Our biggest field stations out west are LAX, SAN, SEA, SFO, DFW, etc...

I am curious how the entire fleet system of nearly 7700 breaks down ??

I know PHX has around 1100 give or take a few heads...

Anybody else with ballpark figures on hub head counts ??

LAS
CLT
PHL

Our biggest field stations out west are LAX, SAN, SEA, SFO, DFW, etc...
LAS has around 850 [east and west]. East side in LAS is now class 1 station
CLT 1187
PHL 1800

The Truth about MR's comments: To West Only

regards,
Tim Nelson

PHX 1000
PHL 1350
CLT 1150
LAX 250
LAS 750

These are the numbers I remember when we were pursuing vote.

Tim Nelson can provide all the quotes and bylaws rules he wants but if fleet service doesn't vote for this agreement then you can forget about any United Airline merger and start filling out job applications. Is Tim Nelson going to employ you when you all could lose your jobs if you don't make yourself affordable to a potential investor.

Randy Canale's letter is clear that this agreement puts you in position for the next round of bargaining. More importantly, it provides your carrier with a merger friendly agreement. Now isn't the time to debate as your company has to attract investors otherwise it will end up like Aloha. It will be gone!

United Airlines is considering Continental but its most likely partner will be US AIRWAYS. Everything is set up for United but United isn't going to sign any merger agreement that contains the Change in Control merger protections or West scopes, so it's only a pipe dream if you think your company will be able to attract a merger partner without first removing the Change in Control and the scope clauses of the west agreement. Good luck with American if you run United away. Talk to our TWA members and I'm sure they would tell you NOT to scare away United only to end up with American.

I also think Randy Canale should get more credit from this group. Nelson points to Continental wages as being higher but Continental never went bankrupt. Nelson points to mechanics getting 30% across the board increases BUT you are not skilled labor. And the 200% bonus' for company executives is normal in this industry. Is it fair? No! But compare apples with apples! The alternative is to vote this contract down and close this airline. Fleet service must listen to its leaders who have fought for you at the negotiations table and understand that if this contract is not passed then it will be very hard for US AIRWAYS to attract potential investors.
Mergers are going to happen and you MUST position your company in a way that makes it attractive to investors. We had to give up protections for the west and the east so fleet service will be in position in 2011 for traditional bargaining. Ask yourself and be honest, do you think another airline wants to buy you and then have to negotiate a brand new contract in 2009?
As Randy said, this deal isn't perfect but the one thing it will do is preserve jobs for many of you. Mergers are a necessary evil in this situation and no contract and no union will be able to stop layoffs.

Remember, if your company doesn't merge, NO WAY it will be able to survive the oil crisis. Do your part and support your negotiations team which has worked closely with your company in positioning it for an upcoming merger.

Tim Nelson can provide all the quotes and bylaws rules he wants but if fleet service doesn't vote for this agreement then you can forget about any United Airline merger and start filling out job applications.
merger friendly agreement. Now isn't the time to debate as your company has to attract investors otherwise it will end up like Aloha. It will be gone!

United Airlines is considering Continental but its most likely partner will be US AIRWAYS. Everything is set up for United

You heard it from a union rep all you field/class 2 stations. Without the COC or west protection you're done because United is so much more senior than you. Help out the rest of the hubs and vote yes for that raise that might last you 6 mos.
I think RC might be boardering on DFR if it's united...........

I will go out on a limb and say that the NC thats coming around to talk to you don't even know the language/the payparity snapback/or the 3yr ext with 4.5% raises......................ask them and write down what they say. I bet its just Hiiim'n and a haaw'n BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back