IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
TA says:

I. Transition Dates. In general, the America West Employees in the Fleet Service craft or class (“West Employeesâ€￾)

This is the key-- "West Employees" I'm pretty sure that Class I U-S Airways gets it on Monday with Memorial Day on the 25th. Just another way the IAM screws the west.

TA says:

I. Transition Dates. In general, the America West Employees in the Fleet Service craft or class (“West Employeesâ€￾) will transition to the existing US Airways/IAM Collective Bargaining Agreement, as amended (the “CBAâ€￾) within 30 days of ratification of this Agreement (the “Transition Dateâ€￾), except where transition dates for specific CBA articles are otherwise set forth in Attachment A hereto.

So wouldn't this mean that the pay will start 30 days after ratification? Ratification date being May 8, wouldn't the pay begin Sun, June 8?
That would also mean no Memorial Day.

Just curious if reading this correctly

Hey... Mr. Now...

Depends if yer in ahh Class ONE or TWO Station....

Class One Stations EAST and WEST go to the new compensation rate on the first day of the first pay period following ratification. In this case Monday, May 19, 2008

The Company then has thirty (30) days from ratification to bring Class 2 Stations EAST and WEST, up 50% of the difference between the current pay rate and the negotiated rate per the ammended pay scale.

The Company then has six (6) months from the first day of the first pay period following ratification to finish bringing the pay up to 100% for the Class 2 stations.

TA says:

I. Transition Dates. In general, the America West Employees in the Fleet Service craft or class (“West Employeesâ€￾) will transition to the existing US Airways/IAM Collective Bargaining Agreement, as amended (the “CBAâ€￾) within 30 days of ratification of this Agreement (the “Transition Dateâ€￾), except where transition dates for specific CBA articles are otherwise set forth in Attachment A hereto.

So wouldn't this mean that the pay will start 30 days after ratification? Ratification date being May 8, wouldn't the pay begin Sun, June 8?

Just My Opinion.....

If the vote tally was posted today the 15th, then the counting ended the 14th with the impounded ballots. This would mean the ratification took place by vote tally on the 14th.....The new pay period that starts within the 30 days of ratification is june 14 (sat). New pay statrs June 14th..........if they posted the results on the 14th as they said at first, then they would have had to pay one day at the new rate. Fri ( 13th)of jun. Maybe thats why the vote results were posponed?

TA says:

Just pulled some of this from the agreement:

Effective on Transition Date amend CBA as follows:

The longevity steps and pay scale as found in Attachment B will become effective the first day of the first pay period following ratification of this Agreement.

Effective on the first day of the first pay period following ratification and subject to pay transition for the West and Class II East employees.

I read this as Class I----Starts Monday//////Class II and West----30 day pay transition

Yea, 30 days from now. Im and hp guy, luckily I'm at LAX, and no one can bump from lgb, bur etc unless there are openings, and trust me, there will be no openings in LAX for years. I feel so bad for all those small stations though, unless they were stupid enough to vote yes, but why would you vote yourself out of a job?
From what I'm hearing,only five stations voted this t/a down CLT,PHL,ORD,TPA and PIT...with that being said ,sounds like LAX is guilty of aiding and abeding the soon to be contracting out of the "small stations" I guess you still feel bad though.......

Hey... Mr. Now...

Depends if yer in ahh Class ONE or TWO Station....

Class One Stations go to the new compensation rate on the first day of the first pay period following ratification. In this case Monday, May 19, 2008

The Company then has thirty (30) days from ratification to bring Class 2 Stations up 50% of the difference between the current pay rate and the negotiated rate per the ammended pay scale.

The Company then has six (6) months from the first day of the first pay period following
ratification to finish bringing the pay up to 100% for the Class 2 stations.

Thanks for the clarification, Roa....I'm in a "2nd Class" station, so this just gives me one more reason to LOVE this agreement.

(I am proud to say that even though we are 2nd Class, the "Yes" voters here only won by 1 vote.)

What I find real interesting is that no where can I find the actual number of yes or no votes. The only thing I can find is a percentage number. I don't believe the percentage number is correct. Does anyone have the actual number of no or yes votes or the total number that voted.

What I find real interesting is that no where can I find the actual number of yes or no votes. The only thing I can find is a percentage number. I don't believe the percentage number is correct. Does anyone have the actual number of no or yes votes or the total number that voted.

Good point Dirt…

Let’s see if the IAM will be transparent enough to release the exact figures for all ballots!

700UW… Earn your money…can you get this information for us… and post it here?

If I wuz… ahh bettin’ man... (Which, I am!) I’d say them 141 boy’s ain’t gonna get to detailed!

Tim:
Where are you ? What's the deal on this ?

Memorial day will be a holiday this year.
14. Article 14 (Holidays) Will apply to West Employees on date of ratification.
Effective on date of ratification amend CBA as follows:
• Effective on date of ratification add Memorial Day

Also, with ratification in hand, maybe District force can tell us the timetable of his 1,700 layoffs and how this will all work out? And if the west will be able to displace east siders if there are layoffs?

In the east agreement, the company has to pay twice the severace pay if a layoff is due to a merger. My bet is that nobody will get twice the severace allowance.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

From what I'm hearing,only five stations voted this t/a down CLT,PHL,ORD,TPA and PIT...with that being said ,sounds like LAX is guilty of aiding and abeding the soon to be contracting out of the "small stations" I guess you still feel bad though.......

Yes, most of LAX voted yes, me and a few other west guys voted no, most east guys voted yes. Oh and all the rookies voted yes. All they can think about is money. SAD.

Yea, 30 days from now. Im and hp guy, luckily I'm at LAX, and no one can bump from lgb, bur etc unless there are openings, and trust me, there will be no openings in LAX for years. I feel so bad for all those small stations though, unless they were stupid enough to vote yes, but why would you vote yourself out of a job?
Just so you know your wrong any agent furloughed has a right to transfer and bump a junior person from their job, so tell those junior punks hope they arent planning on staying long, I know people in BUR, LGB, soon to be ONT, they will commute and put those people out of a job.

Yes, most of LAX voted yes, me and a few other west guys voted no, most east guys voted yes. Oh and all the rookies voted yes. All they can think about is money. SAD.
Oh well ....we'll just have to live with it and see where all this goes....the main thing is to get rid of ALL the IAM CLOWNS in JUN..............

Coach,

It should start Monday and we should get Memorial Day in that pay period also.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that the contract states "within 30 days of ratification" And since Randy is so sympathetic towards

the company not HIS membership . I would say you'll see it in june and Memorial day well that'll be next year. Hope I'm wrong

but have seen this done before . :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that the contract states "within 30 days of ratification" And since Randy is so sympathetic towards

the company not HIS membership . I would say you'll see it in june and Memorial day well that'll be next year. Hope I'm wrong

but have seen this done before . :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hear ya o' man

I've seen it before too.....just wishful thinkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back