IAM Thread for the week of 2/19-2/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK, here is the new IAM thread for the week....let's keep on topic folks.

Thank you.

Huh?

Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that Boss Canale is the one that made the NEW DIRECTION TEAM. in essence, the new direction team is witness to Randy Canale's dreadful and difficult track record with mergers. Exactly what has Parker's boy done with the US AIRWAYS/America West merger after 3 years?

Randy talks about solidarity but the only solidarity he has been able to muster is the solidarity that is coming to throw him out of office right on his arse. He continues to talk down to the masses and tell the masses that they have lost leverage in negotiations. Wasn't he the one who proclaimed last September, "This is the best I can do" in regards to the dreadful TA that was voted down by 87% of USAIRWAYS EAST????????
He would have been wise to retire so he could at least collect his 'IAM watch' and not take his whole ticket of eunichs down.

His ineptness, deceit, and experience at backroom deals is the very reason why the NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM has dominated all hubs at US AIRWAYS and the TWIN TOWERS of United. The members aren't stupid and this whole election isn't about Boss Canale's experience, but rather, what has the masses 'experienced' under Boss Canale's oppression. The masses are solid with great solidarity against The company and all the company men [insert Canale here].

He's the company's opium. A real company prick and the masses are going to enjoy coming for Boss Canale this June. He will get his reward......soon enough.
Labor men don't sign deals with the '60 day rule' in them. Unfortunately, Boss Canale has had 3 years to show us how he handles mergers and all he has to show is a sweetheart deal that the masses shoved right back up his arse.
Randy Canale is management. The membership is going to enjoy kicking him back up to management where he belongs.........soon enough.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

If Randy is the " company's opium" then you must be the unions acid. Where do you get your sources on your posts? You make constant allegations against the man and have no proof. All your doing is putting your personal political agenda spin on everything to promote the inexperienced new direction team. I mean if your going to do some mud slinging as you are try and put some proof in it.

Lets be real here. The new direction team is made up of inexperience and a lack of knowledge of grievance handling and contract negotiating. Thats a fact. What experience do they have in regards to those? Please inform me. Rich Delaney's grievance work ethic is highly questionable. What the delaneyrevealed website should do is put a video montage on utube of every union member thats still waiting for a return call or for him to do their 3rd step and arbitration cases. That video would be 5 hours long.

Do you really want to put our jobs at stake under the leadership of these ND canidates? This team is made up of no experience opportunists and with the industry as it is now you would really want these types protecting your jobs? You know all this Tim. Remember my last post which you weakly tried to vindicate your reasons for flip flopping from anti-IAM to now pro IAM and also Delaney hater to now Delaney lover. Again your motives are questionable. You have consistently change sides when you want attention. I bet if Delaney wins, and I pray the members out their are smarter than that, you will become the old Delaney hater again because he and his team would cave under the pressures. Instead of making smart patient moves to secure jobs and wages, as Randy has done, the ND team would not be as patient or methodical in order to secure the best agreements out there and believe me they will come under Canale.

Again the bottomline is which you cant refute Randy negotiated the best contract in the industry pre-bankruptcy at UA. Also your hype about the ND team dominating US Hubs and "the twin towers" ( horrible reference by the way) isn't true. Randy has won more stations then the ND team. People who had to be represented by Rich Delaney know the man and the poor job he does. But hey play the hype up as much as you can I guess. Once the election starts people system wide at UA and US will know what Rich Delaney and his team are truly about, themselves.

I'm here I'm making my views known. I welcome all counter posts. Lets debate Tim me versus you.

THE SHOCKER

Hey Shocker

Debate 101..........Know who ur debating....we know who Tim Nelson is so why don't you expose yourself so we know who you are....there is nothing worse than being at a debate and one person is visible and the other has a bag over his head.....Who would you listen to.....?

The clock is tic ...toc.... ticking

Time 6:06 pm

Shocker,

We (The membership) hear yahh…

It seems to me… ‘n the rest ahh tha membership, that if the present regime is the most experienced, and the best qualified tahh to negotiate an agreement… than do so!

Ya’ll got a few months tah get er done… ‘fore yer term is up!

Roabilly

Also your hype about the ND team dominating US Hubs and "the twin towers" ( horrible reference by the way) isn't true. Randy has won more stations then the ND team.
THE SHOCKER

Post it...we all want to see.......sometimes ttl votes tell more of the story than the amount of stations, but I'm willing to see the tally.........

shocker,
"Randy has won more stations then the ND team"

tote board please. what's the locals count so far for Canoli and whats Delaneys

"Instead of making smart patient moves to secure jobs and wages, as Randy has done, the ND team would not be as patient or methodical in order to secure the best agreements out there and believe me they will come under Canale."

So I guess throwing 17 more citys not to mention the ones on the east already lost under the bus , is securing jobs.. I think not

"You make constant allegations against the man and have no proof "
you obviously don't work under our Usairways contract. by the way WHAT DO YOU DO.
as far as proof I believe there are about 200 PHL members that were present when the BOSS said " I think this is a GOOD T/A

as far as being patient to secure good contracts , I'd say over 15 yrs is patient enough. Aren't you suppose to build on original
contract instead of taking concessions and then trying to get some thing YOU HAD back .. but only if your willing to give something else up. Well thats Randy's way . and it don't fly no more

Your BOY said a few years back.. LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY>> well shocker that DAY HAS COME.

shocker, obviously you know nothing. Canale made it clear at the vegas nomination meeting that if he cant get a contract negotiated by the end of the month, the west will fold into the east contract without a vote. Now that means Canale, with a swipe of a pen will give the company the ability to ource 2000 jobs, HOW IS THAT JOB SECURITY??? How many jobs on the US side have been lost in the past 3 to 4 yrs? Thousands.

On another note NO slate/indiviual has ever gotten more than 8 nominations, not to mention no one has ever taken HNL away from the District. The new direction has counted i believe 18. Yeah canle may have 1 or 2 more, but when they are cities that only have 20/30 employees in them its pretty difficult to travel and arrange schedules but hey its a nomination month so Canale and Karen A. are now getting to meet their members that have been paying their salary. All the members should be thanking the ND team for getting to see them.

Now shocker go and drink your Canale Kool-Aid in 4 more months you'll be back on the ramp.

If Canale & co. have done such a fine job, why is the membership voting otherwise?

There are only two alternatives:

1. The membership is voting against Canale based on his track record, or

2. The membership is stupid.

Are pro-Canale folks arguing for choice 2?

Apparently so.

I mean if your going to do some mud slinging as you are try and put some proof in it.

Lets be real here. The new direction team is made up of inexperience and a lack of knowledge of grievance handling and contract negotiating.
Do you really want to put our jobs at stake under the leadership of these ND canidates? .

Again the bottomline is which you cant refute Randy negotiated the best contract in the industry pre-bankruptcy at UA.
THE SHOCKER

Got to get the Bug spray out again.........

Shocker its seems your thoughts have shorted again out and you might need a complete rewiring lets begin,

You Said
"Lets be real here. The new direction team is made up of inexperience and a lack of knowledge of grievance handling and contract negotiating. "

The New Direction Team is made up of Grievence Committee men, Local Presidents, Trustees ,and AGC's.

You said
This team is made up of no experience opportunists and with the industry as it is now you would really want these types protecting your jobs?

Opportunists? Well isnt that calling the kettle black Canale and his Band of Con Artists will say anything to sell a bad contract heck we saw first hand at that when JH the "former GCM" came in to sell that last TA. Canale wanted that rag TA sold to the membership and JH would have sold us all down the river to get a Canale appointed AGC postion. Fleet Service was smart enough to see thru that and got rid of JH. We will soon send Canale and his boys packing in June. Canale is the true opportunist praying the members of District 141 are stupid. Well got news for ya were not the members have had enough and his time has come to pack his bags.

You said
Do you really want to put our jobs at stake under the leadership of these ND canidates? I have seen there bios and met the ND team first hand I would take this team in a heart beat. The Canalites have lost all leadership they are sailing a ship with no crew on it they are so blinded by greed themselves they have lost already, but have not noticed there postions at the helm are coming to an end.

You said
Again the bottomline is which you cant refute Randy negotiated the best contract in the industry pre-bankruptcy at UA.

Having spoken to UA people first hand I refute your statement most UA people commented the complete opposite they think Randy is for Randy and not for the members those folks are pissed!

Finally you said
I mean if your going to do some mud slinging as you are try and put some proof in it.

Proof you say I just did!

That concludes your shock therapy for today.

If Canale & co. have done such a fine job, why is the membership voting otherwise?
There are only two alternatives:
1. The membership is voting against Canale based on his track record, or
2. The membership is stupid.
Are pro-Canale folks arguing for choice 2?

Apparently so.

It's not that the membership is stupid, it's that the membership is coming of age.......
Stupid is when you let things happen over and over and over again just accepting. Many( on the west ) are figuring out for the first time that you have a voice.

I had an opportunity to confront an AGS that was organizing DL and CO. I explained to him that the work force was fed up with the way the neg
were going and that if the 60 day rule was still in than I was out. He asked me if I could relay any other concerns and I preceded to address concerns that took about 20 mins. His response was that Randy was doing the best that he could. HE MUST HAVE THOUGHT THAT I WAS STUPID to not figure out that the last TA sucked and Randy said to accept it. Are you kidding me? These people are clones .

If Randy is the " company's opium" then you must be the unions acid.
Dunno, I don't think it's too cool for someone to paint a pic of themself so I remain silent on this.

Where do you get your sources on your posts? You make constant allegations against the man and have no proof. All your doing is putting your personal political agenda spin on everything to promote the inexperienced new direction team. I mean if your going to do some mud slinging as you are try and put some proof in it.
I don't mean to be crude but your comments are circular in reasoning and representative of a junior high debate team. I usually put proof on everything and even cite sources. However, I have no proof that Canale has done anything and you blame me for this, but how can there be proof without evidence that he did one thing? As far as my political agenda, I'm not running for office and I have been VERY CLEAR with Delaney that I am not even seeking ANYTHING from him. This is well known on the Delaney team.

Lets be real here. The new direction team is made up of inexperience and a lack of knowledge of grievance handling and contract negotiating. Thats a fact. What experience do they have in regards to those? Please inform me. Rich Delaney's grievance work ethic is highly questionable. What the delaneyrevealed website should do is put a video montage on utube of every union member thats still waiting for a return call or for him to do their 3rd step and arbitration cases. That video would be 5 hours long.
Tim sez, your comments are unfounded. The NEW DIRECTION TEAM is 'loaded' with experience. It has 8 Local Grievance Chairman, 3 current DL141 Board members, 1 Local VP, 6 Local Presidents, current grievance committeemen, and a couple former committeemen. But let's not tenure experience. The question isn't how long someone has done something but rather how productive have they been at doing it. Therein lies the reward as to why Canale is taking a senseless beating. What have the masses 'experienced' under Canale is the question? I yield to you to answer that one. As far as the delaneyrevealed site, I stopped going there after the site webmaster flipped out calling everyone $20 whores and sluts. It's just a couple angry women having one big "Bit## Fit" over there. I'll give Canale credit for his Bond Girls. Before it's all over, I might go back to see the "Cat Fight" between those two. Some'n gotta give.

Do you really want to put our jobs at stake under the leadership of these ND canidates? This team is made up of no experience opportunists and with the industry as it is now you would really want these types protecting your jobs? You know all this Tim. Remember my last post which you weakly tried to vindicate your reasons for flip flopping from anti-IAM to now pro IAM and also Delaney hater to now Delaney lover. Again your motives are questionable. You have consistently change sides when you want attention. I bet if Delaney wins, and I pray the members out their are smarter than that, you will become the old Delaney hater again because he and his team would cave under the pressures. Instead of making smart patient moves to secure jobs and wages, as Randy has done, the ND team would not be as patient or methodical in order to secure the best agreements out there and believe me they will come under Canale.
What Randy has done is secured the IAM. You presented no evidence of what Randy did, all you did was say a cheer. Again, please present some evidence of what Randy has actually done. As far as my future stance, let's just worry about today, tomorrow will worry about itself.

Again the bottomline is which you cant refute Randy negotiated the best contract in the industry pre-bankruptcy at UA. Also your hype about the ND team dominating US Hubs and "the twin towers" ( horrible reference by the way) isn't true. Randy has won more stations then the ND team.
This isn't United. You want to go talk United, go over to the United board. At US AIRWAYS, Randy is the equivalent of the bad Karaoke singer. My statement on us dominating the US Hubs and the "Twin Towers" is true. Your statement that Randy has won more stations is also true. Randy has won many of the small stations that have about 30 people in them. OTOH, the NEW DIRECTION Team isn't spending the members dues money flying all around and we can't afford to go to every small station. Nontheless, the top 5 stations at US AIRWAYS represent approx. 6,000 of 8,000 members and the NEW DIRECTION TEAM Swept these. Throw in MIA, PBI, FLL, and some others from US AIRWAYS. At United, if Canale did such a great job why did ORD, HNL, JFK, DEN dominate against him? I mean, the NEW DIRECTION TEAM not only won but won with approx 95% of the vote. Overall, our total 'grab' is around 17,000 members, whereas Canale's is around 7,000.

I'm here I'm making my views known. I welcome all counter posts. Lets debate Tim me versus you.
Tim sez, Thanks for the debate.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

C'mon people don't let one post dictate the following nine. Your
falling for the trap. Do you really think any of these people will agree
with you or reveal themselves when they know they are in the minority
as far as the percentage seeking no change. I mean CVG, TPA, MCO, CLE,
and SFO could all vote the Canale Slate and PHL still trumps them big time.
(just an example)

Let it go, think about it from thier point of view. The best thing for them to do
is come on this board and take it off topic and make it a personel issue. Just
keep the information coming and ''ignore'' the posts unless they say just who
they are and ask for a discussion or debate.

If the ''New Direction Slate'' was losing and they controlled the subject and I was
in the minority, I'd be doing exactly what thier doing....cooler heads will prevail.
The negotiating team is headed to Phl next week and believe me they know theres'
pressure but the company needs this now more than us...like I said before ''were
already being whipped, when the beating stops make sure the pain was worth it.''

Thanks

Funny! You all have the talk and the New Direction team will have the walk, but unless fleet does something besides Jabber on this Site! it'll be business as usual.

Just emailed our Northwest brothers on the Delta merger. They're going thru it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back