Iam To Appeal

• Banned
FM2436 said:
Indepence Air has just announced that it will make Dulles one of the great low fare airports in the Country, Ted has announce new low fare destinations out of Dulles, Southwest is invading Philadelphia and US Airways mechanics will appeal the heavy maintenance decision which would further permit US Airways to operate more like a LCC.
Once again don't let facts get in your way, the court ruling only said it was a minor dispute and that it would go to arbitration.

Second, should we lay down and die and let the company violate the very same labor agreements they signed?

I think not.

Third, Southwest is bringing in more aircraft maintenance everyday as we speak, they do thier C-checks in-house now and 1/4 D-Checks and JetBlue is building a maintenance hangar and training center in Orlando to go along with their hangar at JFK.

And if Dave wants to operate like an LCC why did he make $600,000 in base salary where B6 CEO made $200,000?

Dave's total compensation last year was $4 million.

The IAM should not talk to management about further concessions. I say let the outsource issue go through all avenues with no shortcuts. The company does not make any attempt to honor the current contract, so there is no way I believe employees should agree to another contract. There appears to be no inclination they will honor that one either.

--I tend to believe allot of this is about union busting.

ITRADE said:
I have no idea what in the world you are talking about.

Anyhow, I can't waste time on your cryptic statements. I've got a brief to get drafted.
ITRADE,

I see your edit job of your favorite union leader......as your signature....

She told me to tell you she has a big picture of a "jackass" in her office that reminds her of you ;)

TO ALL OF THE IAM MEMBERS, I APPLAUD YOUR PERSEVERANCE AND PERSISTANCE TO SEE THIS ISSUE ALL THE WAY TO THE END. You will prevail.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, including a certain captain on this forum, the IAM will most likely ultimately prevail, whether it is in front the appelate court or the arbitrator. There is just no way around that contract language, plus the fact the company came to the IAM twice to try and allow outsourcing in the contract, shows they know what the language is. The problem the company has is they tried to end run the mechanics instead of coming to them and looking jointly at ways to do the work more efficiently in house. The fact Delta does so much work for not only themselves, but other carriers as well, shows that in house maintenance can not only be cost effective, but a profitable proposition for the major carrier doing the work.

Should the company lose in the end, they will ultimately have to pay a financial sum to the IAM to settle the grievance. The longer this stretches out, and the more aircraft that are done in AL (more work to start tomorrow), the more cash it is going to cost the company. Of course it will be the IAM's fault, and the company will cry about needing more concessions and work rule change to preserve cash. All of this for what can only be documented as a 2% overall cost savings, not too mention the lack of operational flexibility having the aircraft and associated spares out of the loop as AOG-N-IT has said so many times.

• Banned
628AU,

Since the IAM has filed an appeal, the court injuction barring the work being done is still in effect and the company is prohibited from getting the planes worked on by ST MAE or any other vendor.

700UW said:
Once again don't let facts get in your way, the court ruling only said it was a minor dispute and that it would go to arbitration.

Second, should we lay down and die and let the company violate the very same labor agreements they signed?

I think not.

Third, Southwest is bringing in more aircraft maintenance everyday as we speak, they do thier C-checks in-house now and 1/4 D-Checks and JetBlue is building a maintenance hangar and training center in Orlando to go along with their hangar at JFK.

And if Dave wants to operate like an LCC why did he make $600,000 in base salary where B6 CEO made $200,000?

Dave's total compensation last year was $4 million.
700UW:

JetBlue, building a hangar in Orlando doesn't indicate that they will start their own heavy maintenance. I had to do a little back tracking to find a post I wrote back in September. Here's my post #79587:

"I doubt many have read the September 2003 issue (page 13) of Regional Airline World, cover story titled "JetBlue Continues to Surprise," but the following paragraph is a thought. Remember many believe, including many in the U.S.Congress, that JetBlue is the darling of the airline industry and the airline that is doing everything RIGHT."

Tom Anderson, JetBlue VP of Tech Ops, says, "We do maintenance on the A320 at a variety of places thoughout the system - JFK, BUF, ORF, FLL, OAK, LGB, and IAD. We focus on doing line maintenance and we utilise Air Canada Tech ops to do the heavy maintenance in Winnipeg. Right now we use a rented hangar at JKF, but we've broken ground on our own hangar at JFK. We won't be using it for heavy maintenance, though, because our intent is to outsource the heavy maintenance completely for the foreseeable future."

• Banned
JetBlue lands in Florida

In a major coup for Florida, New York-based JetBlue Airlines in mid-2003 announced that it would build its first flight training center and maintenance hangar in Orlando rather than New York.

JetBlue's $158 million facility will employ more than 150 people at an average salary of about $57,000 per year, well above the Central Florida average wage.

JetBlue's new 80,000-square-foot training center will have room for eight aircraft simulators, plus classrooms, cabin training equipment, administration areas and other space. JetBlue's maintenance hangar will be 70,000 square feet - large enough for three large jetliners - and both projects should be completed by 2005.

JetBlue credits Central Florida's trained high-tech workforce and relatively low costs as reasons for choosing Florida.

700UW said:
628AU,

Since the IAM has filed an appeal, the court injuction barring the work being done is still in effect and the company is prohibited from getting the planes worked on by ST MAE or any other vendor.
Are you sure? The company announced yesterday that work will resume. I think the IAM needs to get an new TRO pending the outcome of the appeal. Any lawyers in the house?

• Banned
N628AU said:
700UW said:
628AU,

Are you sure? The company announced yesterday that work will resume. I think the IAM needs to get an new TRO pending the outcome of the appeal. Any lawyers in the house?
From the IAM Press Release:

The Machinists Union will take all legal steps to protect the interests and
jobs of our membership,â€￾ said General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr.
The District Court’s October 21, 2003 injunction prohibiting US Airways
from subcontracting Airbus maintenance will remain in force pending a
determination by the Appeals Court on the IAM’s petition. The District Court for
the Western District of Pennsylvania has taken no action to lift the injunction.
“David Siegel is trying to steal from our members the work he couldn’t attain
in negotiations,â€￾ said IAM District 141-M President Scotty Ford. “He has put the
integrity of the entire airline into question.â€￾

I am going of what the company said. I must have missed that blurb from the IAM, but I have not seen anything official since from the company.

• Banned
It was not an attack, I said the the staff attorney for the Headquarters of the IAM and the private law firm that works for District Lodge 141M reviewed the press release and they informed the IAM that until the courts decides to hear the appeal or hears it the injuction stays in effect.

700UW said:
It was not an attack, I said the the staff attorney for the Headquarters of the IAM and the private law firm that works for District Lodge 141M reviewed the press release and they informed the IAM that until the courts decides to hear the appeal or hears it the injuction stays in effect.
I guess you forgot a certain comment about a photocopier.

700UW said:
You are correct, Smith was appointed by Reagan in 1988 to the Western District then by W to the Appealate in 2001.
can this be true? have i gone to heaven and died? our lone dissenter in the unions favor is a REPUBLICAN?

in negotiations,â€￾ said IAM District 141-M President Scotty Ford. “He has put the

This might not have even been an issue if scotty hadn't negociated nothing higher than a "c" check at ual.

av60 said:

This might not have even been an issue if scotty hadn't negociated nothing higher than a "c" check at ual.
so if usa320pilot gets the UCT with you guys and you have to decide whether to go with amfa or iam by a NMB runoff...and scotty ford has no outsource at U...which way you leaning then?

Back