If AA and US Airways do merge, what will happen to JFK and Philadelphia

Not even the teenagers at airliners.net are talking about jetBlue swapping terminals with AA, so I have to ask you - where did you get such a ridiculous idea? jetBlue has no need for or desire to move to T-8 and AA has no need for or desire to move to T-5. T-8 was designed with quite a few widebody-capable gates and T-5 was designed for A320s. Stay in school, kid.

I am not a kid and I said that the Terminal would be expanded to accompanate wide body aircraft. Can you read and stops calling me a kid as I am not one. And even if I was one, do not call me by that

This has to be the most clueless thing I've ever read on this website. jetBlue's new Terminal 5 was designed specifically for jetBlue's operation of A320s and E190s, not for widebody flights like AA's 777s and 767s. The current plan is for T-8 to be built out to its originally designed size so that BA and other Oneworld partners can co-locate there. T-5 has no premium lounge space. T-5 does not have sufficient FIS space while T-8 has a very large FIS space for all the international widebody flights flown by AA.

Given that B6's T-5 and AA's new T-8 are both fairly new and modern and both were designed for their current occupants, why on earth would a combined US-AA even suggest trading terminals with B6?

If anyone at JFK covets AA's new terminal 8, it's Delta. DL has announced a billion dollar renovation and expansion of their crappy setup, and I'm certain that DL would love to move into a turn-key T-8.

I agree except the part about the "older terminal 8," While it's slightly older, both terminals are basically new.
This has to be the most clueless thing I've ever read on this website. jetBlue's new Terminal 5 was designed specifically for jetBlue's operation of A320s and E190s, not for widebody flights like AA's 777s and 767s. The current plan is for T-8 to be built out to its originally designed size so that BA and other Oneworld partners can co-locate there. T-5 has no premium lounge space. T-5 does not have sufficient FIS space while T-8 has a very large FIS space for all the international widebody flights flown by AA.

Well, put some A380 gates so BA could fly A380s to JFK when it receives them in 2013.

I am not a kid and I said that the Terminal would be expanded to accompanate wide body aircraft. Can you read and stops calling me a kid as I am not one. And even if I was one, do not call me by that
You are the only person who is obsessed with B6 and AA trading their custom-built, almost brand new terminals. Again, I have to ask you what reasons would there possibly be for such a ludicrous suggestion? AA hasn't suggested it. B6 hasn't hinted at it. PATH hasn't suggested it. What possible benefit would there be for AA and/or AA to trade T-8 for T-5?

Either you have never been to T-8 or T-5 or you have no recollection of your visits, as T-5 could not possibly be modified to handle dozens of widebodies simultaneously. I've been to JFK hundreds of times over the past several decades, and your off-the-wall fixation on this imaginary terminal swap makes no sense.

American6 is a kid, he has been playing this game and now he is an expert:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobiz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcLLxGDBurk

PATH? You mean the subway between Manhattan and New Jersey? PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson)

Didn't know they were involved.

He was probably referring to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, known as PANYNJ.

Josh

No they would be CWA as they handle ticket and gate functions.

But I am sure they would love to send bankers into a black hole.

US actually funded a successful merger. When the brilliant TT decided $2 Cokes was a good idea, passengers ran to WN which practically paid for LUV's aquisition or merger with AirTran.

Thanks US!!!

Back