Immature Questions on Online "Chat With Ed"

Looks to me like the question about Brett Favre might have come from a PMNW employee. ;)

I think DL should do like they used to. About every 18 months, the bigwigs would come to your station and you'd have meetings with them. Also, they should re-institute the "open door" policy, which I believe has gone by the wayside.

Also, I believe DL should have the power to determine the doctors and hospitals in the healthcare plan as UHC is merely the administrator of the plan.

I'm willing to bet that neither Bastain nor the moderator are PMNW. As for the people submitting questions, it doesn't matter which side you're on; the question are weak... All the moreso when there are actual items of interest that should be addressed.

When I experience professionalism on the DL side first hand, you'll be one of the first to know. I have no doubt that their numbers are legion, I'm just not seeing it.

First off, Kev, you mentioned your "NEW" co-workers, which would mean DL employees. It seems you already have a preconceived notion of their intelligence.

As far as seeing professionalism in the DL ranks, are you not seeing it because it's not there or because you don't want to see it?

First off, Kev, you mentioned your "NEW" co-workers, which would mean DL employees. It seems you already have a preconceived notion of their intelligence.

As far as seeing professionalism in the DL ranks, are you not seeing it because it's not there or because you don't want to see it?

Uh oh... Look who's here. There goes the neighborhood! :)

Seriously, to answer your question; I hadn't yet seen it. With few exceptions, I still haven't 6 mos. later. Hopefully, you didn't miss the part in my post where I said "I have no doubt their numbers are legion?"

Uh oh... Look who's here. There goes the neighborhood! :)

Seriously, to answer your question; I hadn't yet seen it. With few exceptions, I still haven't 6 mos. later. Hopefully, you didn't miss the part in my post where I said "I have no doubt their numbers are legion?"

Hi, Kevin. My question is this. Working with exclusively NW people, how would you have any meaningful opportunities to observe the DL people?

I think you would be surprised at how assimilated everything is nowadays...

In my ramblings, I've dealt with HR, IT, OCC, the training department, MTX control, management (local & regional, as well as those in HR), Sedgwick, planning, stores, the ACS help desk, and more... That doesn't even include the PMDL employees who TDY'ed here for both cutovers...

The fun will really begin when the most senior of the exSwissport get shuffled down to midnights. Their cruiseship ride is about over. Welcome to my world, no more bagels, time to bust your ass. Here is your grease gun, why don't you have that aug valve changed yet?

:lol: This has happened to several of the A&Ps at DTW (I still call them A&Ps because it represents a lot more than the AMT term). A few of the guys I worked with in Zone three has been bumped to midnights after working day shift for the past few years. I wish that I could say that they were happy about it but I assure you they are not. I flew DAL a few weeks ago on a buddy pass He was like, “good luck on getting on any flights with my 05 seniority everyone ahead of you is 87 and 92.”

He is also having issues adjusting to DALs network applications. Particularly the shear number of training sessions you have to take, apparently there a lot more than what NW required. I vaguely recall him saying something about this "Chat with Ed" thing. I'll have to ask him about it.