Immature Questions on Online "Chat With Ed"

S

SkyguyB727

Some colleagues and I joined our first "Chat With Ed" (online chat with Ed Bastian) this morning. It was a moderated forum, so I assumed the questions presented would be relevant to issues facing Delta and its staff. My assumption was wrong.

My group submitted a question asking why, with the new health plan administrator, there is not one in-network doctor or hospital in my city of nearly a quarter million people and what was being done to remedy the situation. The nearest in-network hospital is a small town hospital 25 miles away.

While we waited for our question to be presented, we saw a variety of very childish questions that were approved by the moderator and posted for Ed to answer. Here are two examples that stuck with me:

• Can we get Brett Favre to sponsor Delta in the Twin Cities? I'd gladly give up part of my salary to pay for it.

Ed, do you drink beer, wine, or hard liquor?

Meanwhile, our question about the health insurance was ignored. The whole thing was so offensive and a waste of time and company resources. I'd like to hear other opinions on this.

Welcome to Delta!

They act nice and worry about all the dumb stuff...but ignore the real important issues. Healthcare choices being one of them!

I was also on there, and was equally dismayed with it.

I have to say that these "chats" were something I was looking forward to. We don't have these at NW, and it seems like a good way to get info fast. I can't always login, but certainly read the transcripts later. So far, with the possible exception of one by Hauenstein (sp?), they've been disappointing.

I understand that time is limited, and with 320 people logged in, not everyone is going to get a shot. That's where the moderator comes in. If they see a question that's important, that should be made a priority. I don't think anyone would argue that what booze Bastain plies himself merits screen time.

There is a time/place for lobbing softball questions, but this isn't it. I'm sure "Ed" can handle whatever is thrown his way.

P.S. Jalbalpa--

Welcome to Delta indeed! Where everything is always sunny, and nothing hard is ever faced directly. This is one of the most passive-aggressive places I've ever seen. :down:

Some colleagues and I joined our first "Chat With Ed" (online chat with Ed Bastian) this morning. It was a moderated forum, so I assumed the questions presented would be relevant to issues facing Delta and its staff. My assumption was wrong.

My group submitted a question asking why, with the new health plan administrator, there is not one in-network doctor or hospital in my city of nearly a quarter million people and what was being done to remedy the situation. The nearest in-network hospital is a small town hospital 25 miles away.

While we waited for our question to be presented, we saw a variety of very childish questions that were approved by the moderator and posted for Ed to answer. Here are two examples that stuck with me:

• Can we get Brett Favre to sponsor Delta in the Twin Cities? I'd gladly give up part of my salary to pay for it.

Meanwhile, our question about the health insurance was ignored. The whole thing was so offensive and a waste of time and company resources. I'd like to hear other opinions on this.
What answer were you looking for? Delta doesn't have the power to tell you local Doctor to accept the insurance, its up to the doctor or medical group.

I was also on there, and was equally dismayed with it.

I have to say that these "chats" were something I was looking forward to. We don't have these at NW, and it seems like a good way to get info fast. I can't always login, but certainly read the transcripts later. So far, with the possible exception of one by Hauenstein (sp?), they've been disappointing.

I understand that time is limited, and with 320 people logged in, not everyone is going to get a shot. That's where the moderator comes in. If they see a question that's important, that should be made a priority. I don't think anyone would argue that what booze Bastain plies himself merits screen time.

There is a time/place for lobbing softball questions, but this isn't it. I'm sure "Ed" can handle whatever is thrown his way.

P.S. Jalbalpa--

Welcome to Delta indeed! Where everything is always sunny, and nothing hard is ever faced directly. This is one of the most passive-aggressive places I've ever seen. :down:
Oh my the drama of it all! LOL

You know what I always say kev, make your stand with feet...and start walking!

What answer were you looking for? Delta doesn't have the power to tell you local Doctor to accept the insurance, its up to the doctor or medical group.
DL just announced that they cut a special deal with University of Michigan to cover DTW area employees, because there were no in-network providers there. Same situation, different location.

My point, dapoes, is that the chat was peppered with childish questions. Who really cares if some employee wants to take a pay cut to subsidize Brett Favre's sponsorship of DL or that Ed Bastian prefers beer over wine? People with valid, important questions attempted to participate in this company chat on the company's dime using the company's computers only to be trumped by trivial, childish questions. Some people may think the questions posed were cute and humorous. I found them to be very childish, immature, and unprofessional for a work forum. It was a waste of my time and Delta's money.

It sounds like this chat was for PMNW.... was it open to all employees?

It sounds like this chat was for PMNW.... was it open to all employees?
Yes, the chat was open to all employees systemwide. It was publicized on DeltaNet. The only limitation was that nothing offensive could be submitted.

DL just announced that they cut a special deal with University of Michigan to cover DTW area employees, because there were no in-network providers there. Same situation, different location.

My point, dapoes, is that the chat was peppered with childish questions. Who really cares if some employee wants to take a pay cut to subsidize Brett Favre's sponsorship of DL or that Ed Bastian prefers beer over wine? People with valid, important questions attempted to participate in this company chat on the company's dime using the company's computers only to be trumped by trivial, childish questions. Some people may think the questions posed were cute and humorous. I found them to be very childish, immature, and unprofessional for a work forum. It was a waste of my time and Delta's money.

Much of it is all about the fluff. I think branding and image are important but not when it comes to genuine concerns of your employees. I've seen these stupid questions on other chats with Ed. In fact, I believe he's been asked the one about liquor before. Why the moderator permits them is beyond me. I could care less about idiots who want to give up their salaries to pay a multi-millionaire athlete or what kind of booze our execs drink. That's why I don't log in and listen to this stuff anymore. It's pretty appalling if you think about it.

Oh my the drama of it all! LOL

You know what I always say kev, make your stand with feet...and start walking!

No drama; just disappointment in the professionalism of my new coworkers, and the moderator(s) on these chats that continually allow it.

As for the time worn "if you don't like it, leave." No thanks. I think I'll stay for awhile.

By the way, in your haste to tell me to leave, you forgot to explain why you think a bunch of chuckleheads asking a CLT member what kind of sauce he prefers is okay. Or about Brett Favre, for that matter...

So is this inanity all part of the "DL culture?" Maybe it ties in with that "collegiality" I keep hearing so much about?

No drama; just disappointment in the professionalism of my new coworkers, and the moderator(s) on these chats that continually allow it.
As usual you dont handle disappointment well.

As for the time worn "if you don't like it, leave." No thanks. I think I'll stay for awhile.
Why stick around if your so miserable? Only happy when it rains?

By the way, in your haste to tell me to leave, you forgot to explain why you think a bunch of chuckleheads asking a CLT member what kind of sauce he prefers is okay. Or about Brett Favre, for that matter...
Which is worse, the chuckleheads questions or the people complaining about the chuckleheads? I mean really folks, get some perspective for once.

So is this inanity all part of the "DL culture?" Maybe it ties in with that "collegiality" I keep hearing so much about?
Like I said before, when your a hammer, all you see is nails. Theres will always be an endless supply of things to complain about when one is still bitter about the past. Time to move on and get over your grieving. Walking around with a cloud over your head isnt healthy.

No drama; just disappointment in the professionalism of my new coworkers,
Easy now, how do you know its your "New" coworkers?
"Can we get Brett Favre to sponsor Delta in the Twin Cities? I'd gladly give up part of my salary to pay for it."
Sounds like someone from...... I think you know....
We are all one now, but how can we get along if you quickly question your "new" coworkers
professionalism? I believe more and more PMNW employees area calling into these "shows"
(inflight has them as well) because they are new to this.

Easy now, how do you know its your "New" coworkers?

I'm willing to bet that neither Bastain nor the moderator are PMNW. As for the people submitting questions, it doesn't matter which side you're on; the question are weak... All the moreso when there are actual items of interest that should be addressed.

We are all one now, but how can we get along if you quickly question your "new" coworkers
professionalism?

When I experience professionalism on the DL side first hand, you'll be one of the first to know. I have no doubt that their numbers are legion, I'm just not seeing it.

When I experience professionalism on the DL side first hand, you'll be one of the first to know. I have no doubt that their numbers are legion, I'm just not seeing it.
Knowing you Kev, you probably never will.

Latest posts