Implications of alliance for Eagle/Envoy

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Given the alliance between the IAM and TWU for American Airlines and part of the USAIR merger, does anything change for fleet service and mechanic representation for Envoy (formerly American Eagle)?

Josh

TWU represents Eagle/Envoy, the IAM is uninvolved their USAIR counterparts.

Josh

Envoy is not merging with any of the US wholly-owned regionals (Piedmont or PSA), so why would the IAM/TWU Alliance abortion affect the employees at Envoy?   They'll remain represented by the TWU (admittedly, a pretty crappy union, but better than the Alliance).    

737823 said:
Given the alliance between the IAM and TWU for American Airlines and part of the USAIR merger, does anything change for fleet service and mechanic representation for Envoy (formerly American Eagle)?

Josh
That's a good question, as I have a friend that works for Envoy.

This whole Envoy thing is very confusing and it kind of reminds me of that infamous USAir experiment ........... Mid Atlantic.  I'm not really sure where they fit in the picture.

Here in PIT, Envoy is non-union.  This is very strange because on the weekends, when they are short handed, they farm other Envoy people in from other stations who are union.

Here, they are cross-trained.  So you'll have people loading the bin and then working the ticket counter in the same clothes.  Plus you have AA Envoy people working United flights on the ramp.

The AA main line maintenance is handled by the USirways Line guys, but loaded by the Envoy people until December.  Then the main lines will both be loaded and maintained by US main line.  But who will run the main line gate counter at that time?  Main line US gate agents, or non-union Envoy people?

The AA express flights are loaded by Envoy, but maintained by Republic.  Now after December, who's going to load the AA express flights?  Envoy or Jet Stream?  Who's going to run the gate for the express flights?  The non-union, cross-trained agents for Envoy, or the unionized agents for USAirways?

Good Heavens !!  Those poor Envoy people.  I have a strong feeling the company is going to make sure they watch the operation from the curb.

My CWA source says they are going after the Envoy/Eagle passenger service agents next.

Josh

737823 said:
My CWA source says they are going after the Envoy/Eagle passenger service agents next.

Josh
Good luck to the CWA.  I have friends who were mainline AA agents in outlying stations, such as IAH.  The company reduced them to AE because AE paid their agents a lot less than mainline.  They were given a choice to accept a drastic cut in pay or leave whichever they preferred.  I pointed out to my friends (who had consistently followed the company line and voted against representation) that basically they had asked for it, by not having any protections other than any benevolent feelings that might arise on the company's part. :lol:

IAH is definitely mainline above wing, I was there three weeks ago.

Josh

is that for AA alone   bec for PMUS IAH I believe was always ML for both above n below

robbedagain said:
is that for AA alone   bec for PMUS IAH I believe was always ML for both above n below

I know nothing about USAIR and their operations.  AA is mainline above wing, contract below wing.

Josh

In keeping with the just before the holidays tradition, yesterday the Envoy people in my station were shown the door, only to be replaced by JetStream.  Such a great group of motivated workers.

Happy Holidays from America West, er, I mean USAir.  Whoops.  American.

Real Tired just remember a lot of Envoy stations took over the ramp from AA in Nov 2012. AA has along and rich history of showing people the door right before Christmas as my last day worked in CLT was 12/5/97 and reported to DFW on 12/8/97. Nothing new at AA.

Back