In-flight Entertainment From August 2005

FrequentFlyer

Sep 1, 2005
I was recently (early August) on a flight from PHX to DCA. I have no complaints - the flight was perfect.

I really enjoyed the In-Flight Music Choices, especially on the "Classic Sounds" station.
Unfortunately, I tossed my "America West" magazine when I got home.

What I am asking for is the list of the "Classic Sounds" music for August 2005. I enjoyed several unique songs on the station, and am interested in buying the albums...but I don't know the song titles or composers! And w/o the list of songs in my "America West" mag, I can't find 'em!

I have considered contacting AWA or DMX Music (who licenses the in-flight entertainment for AWA), but just decided to ask here first.

Thanks for your help.

FrequentFlyer said:
I was recently (early August) on a flight from PHX to DCA. I have no complaints - the flight was perfect.

I really enjoyed the In-Flight Music Choices, especially on the "Classic Sounds" station.
Unfortunately, I tossed my "America West" magazine when I got home.

What I am asking for is the list of the "Classic Sounds" music for August 2005. I enjoyed several unique songs on the station, and am interested in buying the albums...but I don't know the song titles or composers! And w/o the list of songs in my "America West" mag, I can't find 'em!

I have considered contacting AWA or DMX Music (who licenses the in-flight entertainment for AWA), but just decided to ask here first.

Thanks for your help.
[post="295653"][/post]​

Frequentflyer,
I havent worked this month, but will check when I go in next week and see if I can find an August issue for you. If not, you may want to contact OnBoardPrograms/Inflight for the issue.

You're in luck...I just happen to have a copy of last months America West magazine laying around.

Classic Sounds, Channel 2

Bernstein, overture to Candide
Los Angeles Philharmonic, Leonard Bernstein, conductor (Deutsche Grammophon)

Gottschalk, Grand Tarantelle for Piano and Orchestra
Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, Erich Kunzel, conductor, William Tritt, piano (Telarc)

Griffes, The White Peacock
Seattle Symphony Orchestra, Gerard Schwarz, conductor (Delos)

Sousa, second movement from The Dwellers in the Western World
Philharmonia Virtuosi, Richard Knapp, conductor (Essay)

Barber, second movement from Piano Sonata
John Browning, piano (Musicmasters)

Grofe, On the Trail from Grand Canyon Suite
Seattle Symphony Orchestra, Leonard Slatkin, conductor (RCA)

Ives, orch. Schuman, variations on America
St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, Leonard Slatkin, conductor (RCA)

Glass, final movement from Concerto for Saxophone Quartet and Orchestra
Rascher Sax Quartet, Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra, Dennis Russell Davies, conductor (Nonesuch)

Wayne, fourth movement from Nuzerov Quartet No. 9
Wallinger String Quartet (New Millenium Records)

Copland, primary theme from Applachian Spring
St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, Hugh Wolff, conductor (Teldec)

"Whew" :blink:

Hope this information helps you out! It's the least I can do for your patronage! Thanks for flying America West and hope to see you again soon on another one of our flights or onboard the NEW US AIRWAYS!

N903AW said:
You're in luck...I just happen to have a copy of last months America West magazine laying around.

Classic Sounds, Channel 2

Bernstein, overture to Candide
Los Angeles Philharmonic, Leonard Bernstein, conductor (Deutsche Grammophon)

Gottschalk, Grand Tarantelle for Piano and Orchestra
Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, Erich Kunzel, conductor, William Tritt, piano (Telarc)

Griffes, The White Peacock
Seattle Symphony Orchestra, Gerard Schwarz, conductor (Delos)

Sousa, second movement from The Dwellers in the Western World
Philharmonia Virtuosi, Richard Knapp, conductor (Essay)

Barber, second movement from Piano Sonata
John Browning, piano (Musicmasters)

Grofe, On the Trail from Grand Canyon Suite
Seattle Symphony Orchestra, Leonard Slatkin, conductor (RCA)

Ives, orch. Schuman, variations on America
St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, Leonard Slatkin, conductor (RCA)

Glass, final movement from Concerto for Saxophone Quartet and Orchestra
Rascher Sax Quartet, Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra, Dennis Russell Davies, conductor (Nonesuch)

Wayne, fourth movement from Nuzerov Quartet No. 9
Wallinger String Quartet (New Millenium Records)

Copland, primary theme from Applachian Spring
St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, Hugh Wolff, conductor (Teldec)

"Whew" :blink:

Hope this information helps you out! It's the least I can do for your patronage! Thanks for flying America West and hope to see you again soon on another one of our flights or onboard the NEW US AIRWAYS!
[post="296378"][/post]​

Even off the plane HP's service is awesome! Thank you all very much. Your assistance has not gone un-appreciated.

Again, thank you very much! :) :) :) :up:

Back