Industrial vs. Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan,

When you called me and we spoke about the teamsters raiding the AMTs at AA I pointed out that in previous AMFA drives the twu cried to High heaven "RAIDERS"! But now that the teamsters are here where is the twu scream "RAIDERS"?

I pointed out to you that the twu was in SFO helping the teamsters organize United AMTs after AMFA was elected to represent them. Now why would the twu, an industrial union, help the teamsters, an industrial union, fight against a craft union? Hum.

I also pointed out to you, after you said that the teamsters would not spend all this money, ( which you are putting at $100,000..00, to organize at AA), that what ever the teamsters spend in attempting to organize AMTs at AA is minuscule against what the twu would lose in dues money each month from us. Do the math. The teamsters will not file for an election because they will not get enough cards to file and even if they did they are never going to say how many cards they have received. They are here only to pay back the twu for their assistance in RAIDING United Airlines.

Ken the TWU isn't fighting anyone because they don't care about losing the Mechanics in my opinion, why can't you get that I am 100% convinced that this drive is real & will not be persuaded to believe that it isn't, I understand you don't believe it's real & that's fine you need to understand that many of us do believe it's real & have no intention of believing the conspiracy, I agree that they might not get enough cards but I also don't think that AMFA will get enough cards, they couldn't do it when their wasn't competition so it's very doubtful they will do it now.
I'm every bit as convinced about what I'm saying as you are in what your saying, I'm not against AMFA, I just don't believe they will get the cards.
The Tulsa AMFA organizers are not doing a good job in my opinion whereas the Tulsa Teamsters are, being as I'm going to be gone after this contract I win either way.
I'm just pointing out the facts as I see them.

Raptorman, how do you know that the Teamsters is spending over $100,000 and are you sure that these dollars spent are not yours and mine dues?

Because the "Teamsters" told him so.

What cracks me up is that he complains about the contract, wants to get rid of the TWU, who has been undermining his skill to advance the unskilled, and now he wants to get another Industrial Union. And what really tops that is the he cannot see that it is all the same thing. He complains about his current union on one hand and this contract, and then on the other hand advocates and wears the button of a union that operates on the same damn principles and will be worse. And after weeks of being here and being shown that to be true, he still doesn't get it.

And instead he threatens me with his yes vote, which he will do for money, destruction of the AMFA drive in Tulsa, which he works on daily, and coming to my work area to straighten me out, which is impossible without lethal force.

All of which are self serving beliefs as if he has the power of a super hero. I just hope he doesnt visit a movie theater soon.

Un Freaking REAL!

Before The teamsters started overspeed said something along the lines about an TWU/IBT alliance starting up look back in his past post if you like. I believe he let that slip by mistake and has never said anything about this again

Before The teamsters started overspeed said something along the lines about an TWU/IBT alliance starting up look back in his past post if you like. I believe he let that slip by mistake and has never said anything about this again

I remember asking him for clarification and he left the boards for days.

Even more amazing is that the Teamsters are "raiding" the TWU but only attacking AMFA.
And the TWU is being "raided" by the Teamsters but only attacking AMFA too.

Good luck Ken.
This man is as thick skulled as they come!

So i'm thick skulled because I won't buy what your selling hugh, is that how it works, maybe your thick skulled because you won't buy what i'm saying or do what I want you to do.
Maybe we should all just give up & stop making our own decisions for OUR lives & do it Dave's way because he know's what's best for us.
Only a complete idiot would choose to do things someone else's way, we must all make our own choices because if the choice ends up being the wrong one then you are the one who will suffer the consequences of that choice not the one who you blindly followed, I will not follow anyone or any organization, I make my own choices for my life because my choices ALWAYS work out for me. :rolleyes:
I keep telling you to STOP telling me how to live my life because it's NOT going to work & you are making NO progress with me so give it up.

So i'm thick skulled because I won't buy what your selling hugh, is that how it works, maybe your thick skulled because you won't buy what i'm saying or do what I want you to do.
Maybe we should all just give up & stop making our own decisions for OUR lives & do it Dave's way because he know's what's best for us.
Only a complete idiot would choose to do things someone else's way, we must all make our own choices because if the choice ends up being the wrong one then you are the one who will suffer the consequences of that choice not the one who you blindly followed, I will not follow anyone or any organization, I make my own choices for my life because my choices ALWAYS work out for me. :rolleyes:
I keep telling you to STOP telling me how to live my life because it's NOT going to work & you are making NO progress with me so give it up.

Because I like to see you threaten me with your imaginary power and influence.

I could threaten you also.

Instead, next week I will show you some influence. You are not going to like it though.

Ken the TWU isn't fighting anyone because they don't care about losing the Mechanics in my opinion, why can't you get that I am 100% convinced that this drive is real & will not be persuaded to believe that it isn't, I understand you don't believe it's real & that's fine you need to understand that many of us do believe it's real & have no intention of believing the conspiracy, I agree that they might not get enough cards but I also don't think that AMFA will get enough cards, they couldn't do it when their wasn't competition so it's very doubtful they will do it now.
I'm every bit as convinced about what I'm saying as you are in what your saying, I'm not against AMFA, I just don't believe they will get the cards.
The Tulsa AMFA organizers are not doing a good job in my opinion whereas the Tulsa Teamsters are, being as I'm going to be gone after this contract I win either way.
I'm just pointing out the facts as I see them.

Dan,

" they couldn't do it when their wasn't competition so it's very doubtful they will do it now."

What are you talking about? The last AMFA drive we did gather enough cards to call for an election. The company included people that should not have been eligible and the NMB went along with them.

No conspiracy theory on my belief the teamsters won't file for an election. Sorry you have exchanged your belief in belonging to a craft union for a industrial union that is the mirror image of the twu.

Hold on there just a minute, Raptorman has stated on this form many of times he prefers AMFA he just does not believe we will get the cards.

You are 100% right on that, I was going a different direction with what I was typing but was in a hurry to get out the door to go to work and didn't read my own post before submitting. My bad. Now I can't remember what I wanted to say. Oh well, good catch.

Dan,

" they couldn't do it when their wasn't competition so it's very doubtful they will do it now."

What are you talking about? The last AMFA drive we did gather enough cards to call for an election. The company included people that should not have been eligible and the NMB went along with them.

No conspiracy theory on my belief the teamsters won't file for an election. Sorry you have exchanged your belief in belonging to a craft union for a industrial union that is the mirror image of the twu.
He knows that Ken. Your wasting your time with this squirley dude, I think he likes the attention.

I truely and I do sincerly mean truely apprieciate where you are coming from on everything you typed. My point I am and have been trying to get across is the fact of what I read page after page before I broke down and rejoined this board in the thread for the first TA mostly. Nothing but Negative Unprofessional Unwarranted constant Banter toward others that didn't share his exact view and through the years of the AMFA drives with few exceptions that is what my experience with the people that push it. I even went to the AMFA website to try and figure out if I was missing something and ran across a presentation they have that guides one through interacting in a debate or whatever and it tells you to do the oppisite of what I have seen happen here. I agree that he has probably endured abuse of all kinds but if you look at how some of the members here that support the TWU recieve the same abuse if not more from Informers supporters and most keep it together and stay professional even though they are being tag teamed post after post. The best part of that is they are just normal everyday non Union leader AMTs that I know of or if they are not then they really do drive my point that the Quality of your leader reflects 360 deg., in person, online or whatever example one can think of. I was an NCO in an Infantry unit did the job of squad leader then moved up to platoon sgt. and if I ever displayed any of the qualities I have witnessed here I do believe my 1st Sgt would have had me nailed to the wall in his office. I know this isn't the military But! a leader is a leader that is a leader. I haven't seen the same actions out of our current Leaders in TULE nor do I think we ever will. A perfect example in closing in my opinion is Bob Owens or his VP (can't remember how to spell his name so I won't butcher it) although thier beliefs and opinions are 180 out from mine they display leader qualities and don't give in no matter how much incoming they recieve. I have seen answers or comments from them that may hint sarcasm where they don't lay down and take it but they stay Proffesional ! no matter what.

Like I said OldGuy@AA I do see where you are coming from but the most devout unfaultering strongwilled person in the world can still be a very bad choice to throw out there to be what people have to look to.

That's what i'm saying AC Tynker, I agree Bob & Chuck are true leaders they don't stoop to lower levels to get their point across, Dave is not a leader & will not be in a leadership position in whatever Union we have, there are several others on this board who Berate & try to intimidate people to force them to think like they do that are also not leaders.
Most intelligent people can recognize a good leader regardless of what position the person is coming from, Berating someone & trying to intimidate them to see your point Never works, I think you would make a good Leader .... you would have my vote anyway, keep up the good work.

Raptorman, how do you know that the Teamsters is spending over $100,000 and are you sure that these dollars spent are not yours and mine dues?

I don't know how much they are spending but clearly it is a fair amount of money, long term hotel offices, Billboards, Employee salaries etc. are not cheap & yes I'm sure that it's not our money their spending.

USAPA is not an industrial union, its a craft union.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

And course compass is a disenfranchised group of pilots who dont like USAPA, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

That's what i'm saying AC Tynker, I agree Bob & Chuck are true leaders they don't stoop to lower levels to get their point across, Dave is not a leader & will not be in a leadership position in whatever Union we have, there are several others on this board who Berate & try to intimidate people to force them to think like they do that are also not leaders.
Most intelligent people can recognize a good leader regardless of what position the person is coming from, Berating someone & trying to intimidate them to see your point Never works, I think you would make a good Leader .... you would have my vote anyway, keep up the good work.

You have leaders that kiss everyone's butt and look at what happens when they get in a room with management.
Management runs right over their asses.

Snibble, snibble, but I will work on my approach and try to cuddle union members into understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back