Industrial vs. Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the "Teamsters" told him so.

What cracks me up is that he complains about the contract, wants to get rid of the TWU, who has been undermining his skill to advance the unskilled, and now he wants to get another Industrial Union. And what really tops that is the he cannot see that it is all the same thing. He complains about his current union on one hand and this contract, and then on the other hand advocates and wears the button of a union that operates on the same damn principles and will be worse. And after weeks of being here and being shown that to be true, he still doesn't get it.

And instead he threatens me with his yes vote, which he will do for money, destruction of the AMFA drive in Tulsa, which he works on daily, and coming to my work area to straighten me out, which is impossible without lethal force.

All of which are self serving beliefs as if he has the power of a super hero. I just hope he doesnt visit a movie theater soon.

Un Freaking REAL!

Do you have absolute proof of what the Teamsters have or have not told me ??
If your going to tell everyone what the Teamsters told me then I'm sure you have proof right ??
Do I tell others that AMFA has told you something that I have no proof that AMFA has told you anything ??
Do I accuse you of doing things that I have no proof that you are actually doing ??

USAPA is not an industrial union, its a craft union.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

And course compass is a disenfranchised group of pilots who dont like USAPA, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

The lie came from the posting of the video about Seham by an Industrial Unionist that paints a different picture.

Do you have absolute proof of what the Teamsters have or have not told me ??
If your going to tell everyone what the Teamsters told me then I'm sure you have proof right ??
Do I tell others that AMFA has told you something that I have no proof that AMFA has told you anything ??
Do I accuse you of doing things that I have no proof that you are actually doing ??

Uh, you told me they told you that last week Dan, when I asked you the same question.

You have leaders that kiss everyone's butt and look at what happens when they get in a room with management.
Management runs right over their asses.

Snibble, snibble, but I will work on my approach and try to cuddle union members into understanding.
lol, Raptorman I am now sure he doesn't get it but that's ok. I guess this is part of the freedoms we served to protect and now we get to sit back and watch the B Movie.

Dan,

" they couldn't do it when their wasn't competition so it's very doubtful they will do it now."

What are you talking about? The last AMFA drive we did gather enough cards to call for an election. The company included people that should not have been eligible and the NMB went along with them.

No conspiracy theory on my belief the teamsters won't file for an election. Sorry you have exchanged your belief in belonging to a craft union for a industrial union that is the mirror image of the twu.

Ken what i'm saying is regardless of what was pulled to keep AMFA from getting to an Election the TWU & the Company won the game & I was never against Industrial Unions I was against the TWU & AMFA presented itself as a means to getting some decent contracts so I tried to make it happen & it didn't happen, I'm not for Unions in General especially now that they are failing the members, we pay our dues & get very little in return.

He knows that Ken. Your wasting your time with this squirley dude, I think he likes the attention.

No not really I just like to talk, don't particularly like anyone focusing on me as an Individual, I think people should focus on the issues because that is what matters not one individual.

You have leaders that kiss everyone's butt and look at what happens when they get in a room with management.
Management runs right over their asses.

Snibble, snibble, but I will work on my approach and try to cuddle union members into understanding.

Good Idea, Bob & Chuck are great role models, many people don't agree with them but most people respect them as Leaders not just in their area but all throughout AA but i'm sure you already know that.
As a leader you have to be able to respectfully agree to disagree with people because were all in different situations & come from very different backgrounds.
I would not be a good leader because of my temperament but I do try to not Berate people who don't agree with me, i'm better as a loner .... that's just what works best for me.

I truely and I do sincerly mean truely apprieciate where you are coming from on everything you typed. My point I am and have been trying to get across is the fact of what I read page after page before I broke down and rejoined this board in the thread for the first TA mostly. Nothing but Negative Unprofessional Unwarranted constant Banter toward others that didn't share his exact view and through the years of the AMFA drives with few exceptions that is what my experience with the people that push it. I even went to the AMFA website to try and figure out if I was missing something and ran across a presentation they have that guides one through interacting in a debate or whatever and it tells you to do the oppisite of what I have seen happen here. I agree that he has probably endured abuse of all kinds but if you look at how some of the members here that support the TWU recieve the same abuse if not more from Informers supporters and most keep it together and stay professional even though they are being tag teamed post after post. The best part of that is they are just normal everyday non Union leader AMTs that I know of or if they are not then they really do drive my point that the Quality of your leader reflects 360 deg., in person, online or whatever example one can think of. I was an NCO in an Infantry unit did the job of squad leader then moved up to platoon sgt. and if I ever displayed any of the qualities I have witnessed here I do believe my 1st Sgt would have had me nailed to the wall in his office. I know this isn't the military But! a leader is a leader that is a leader. I haven't seen the same actions out of our current Leaders in TULE nor do I think we ever will. A perfect example in closing in my opinion is Bob Owens or his VP (can't remember how to spell his name so I won't butcher it) although thier beliefs and opinions are 180 out from mine they display leader qualities and don't give in no matter how much incoming they recieve. I have seen answers or comments from them that may hint sarcasm where they don't lay down and take it but they stay Proffesional ! no matter what.

Like I said OldGuy@AA I do see where you are coming from but the most devout unfaultering strongwilled person in the world can still be a very bad choice to throw out there to be what people have to look to.

Yea a better choice would be Randy and Mike Mcdonald, Sam Cirr, John Hewitt, Rick Mullins and the list goes on and on oh how could I forget Kevin Hammock and Kevin Thompson both of team TWU fame now AA Management but no you single out informer who has been supporting the same thing for the last 14 yrs. I bet you were a TWU supporter and now You just cannot admit you were wrong in 2003 so now it is the IBT that is the way to go well I am not following those that told me to stay with the TWU now.

AMFA was the right choice then and AMFA is the right choice now at least you are 2 for 2 wrong on both counts

Yea a better choice would be Randy and Mike Mcdonald, Sam Cirr, John Hewitt, Rick Mullins and the list goes on and on oh how could I forget Kevin Hammock and Kevin Thompson both of team TWU fame now AA Management but no you single out informer who has been supporting the same thing for the last 14 yrs. I bet you were a TWU supporter and now You just cannot admit you were wrong in 2003 so now it is the IBT that is the way to go well I am not following those that told me to stay with the TWU now.

AMFA was the right choice then and AMFA is the right choice now at least you are 2 for 2 wrong on both counts
Ooook.............. :lol:

Actually Don I have been following AC Tynkers post's & have met him personally, he never said he was a Teamster supporter, he said he respects good leaders & people being respectful of each other, I have noticed that it is real easy for people with Passionate agenda's to read something into a post that isn't there.
Remember with text it is OFTEN times very easy to miss the point that the poster is trying to make & instead see something entirely different than what the poster meant.

Better to ask for Clarification than to assume.

Actually Don I have been following AC Tynkers post's & have met him personally, he never said he was a Teamster supporter, he said he respects good leaders & people being respectful of each other, I have noticed that it is real easy for people with Passionate agenda's to read something into a post that isn't there.
Remember with text it is OFTEN times very easy to miss the point that the poster is trying to make & instead see something entirely different than what the poster meant.

Better to ask for Clarification than to assume.

Dan, read the post i said I bet you were a TWU supporter and now You just cannot admit you were wrong in 2003 so now it is the IBT that is the way to go well I am not following those that told me to stay with the TWU now

That means I do not know what he supports I am guessing from what I read!

A question for the AA mechanics on this board.

Who are the members of the AA-teamsters organizing committee?

I only ask because by this time in a campaign the organizing committes of both Horizon and UAL had flyersand/or videos supporting their promises/platforms.

I see a typical ibt website and videos from the Airline Division Director but nothing of any kind from a grass-roots AA mechanic committee.

One would think if the ibts appearance was started by legitimate grass-roots interest, there would be a group of AA mechanics forming the basis of the teamster committee.

Does anyone here have more information on this group? Does such a group even exist?

TSH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back