Industry Standard

Mar 24, 2006
Phoenix
Visit site
Any time management makes a statement concerning aircraft maintenance technician pay rates, they fallback to the term "Industry standard." Is there a reference table that states what each airline pays its AMTs?

I have found the rates listed for Air Tran, but there are an enormous amount of postings to go through for each airline in hope of finding the "rate of pay."

Would appreciate any help.

Any time management makes a statement concerning aircraft maintenance technician pay rates, they fallback to the term "Industry standard." Is there a reference table that states what each airline pays its AMTs?

I think the new Management standard is find the lowest paid AMT and then knock 10 percent off that on the next contract. Then you have the Industry Standard!

I think the new Management standard is find the lowest paid AMT and then knock 10 percent off that on the next contract. Then you have the Industry Standard!
I understand where you are coming from and feel the same way; however, I am looking for facts and figures in order to refute their "standard" reply.

I understand where you are coming from and feel the same way; however, I am looking for facts and figures in order to refute their "standard" reply.

There use to be a really good site themechanic.com that had just what you are looking for.. But its gone and that table would be way outdated.. Someone should compile this list again.. The NMB has most if not all CBA's online, like you said its alot to go through...

This question,IMHO, begs another. Since we are talking industry standard, market value for renumeration; what is the industry standard, market average AMT skill set, experience level, knowledge base, work ethic, loyalty, etc. that applies to that level of compensation? What are the expectations that are set when the compensation level is set? There must be a correlation somewhere. There are broad requirements for new hires, but that is not the standard for an experienced working AMT. So now you find yourself a professional in an industry that is devaluing your product by inappropriately comparing it to another (IMHO substandard) product (3rd party MRO). Apparently the 'new' product is the industry standard, or expectation, that all should aspire (down) to. This seems to be the obvious desire of those who purchase the aforementioned product. While this has hapened in many industries, in this one the results can be disastrous.

Latest posts

Back