Retro Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
Keep in mind that this happened AFTER Sept 11. 2001.

Retro Calculation for Mechanic and Related Agreement

· Eligibility
Active, retirees and laid off employees in thefollowing groups covered under the Mechanic and Related contract:

Aviation Maintenance Technician – Line
Plant Maintenance Mechanic

Aviation Maintenance Technician – Overhaul
Utility Man – Plant Maintenance

Parts Washer
Overhaul Support Mechanic

Aircraft Cleaner
Plant Maintenance Man

Building Cleaner
Cabin Cleaner

Related CrewChiefs and Inspectors

· Newcontract rates effective 3/1/2001
Rates will be inputeffective 11/10/01 for check dated 11/23/2001

· Retrocalculations for 3/1/2001 through 11/9/2001 will be included in the 11/23/01check

The retro portion of the check dated 11/23/2001will be listed by wage type. The taxrate will be the supplemental rate of 27.5% for the retro portion.

The retro will exclude prior period correctionsfor periods other than the retro period but adjusted between 3/1/2001 and11/14/2001.

Prior period corrections adjustinghours between the dates of 3/1/2001 and 10/26/2001 will be considered in thecalculation of the retro if they are entered in AutoTA prior to November 14,2001.

· Itemsincluded in retro calculation:
1. Increase in chart rates
2. Compounding of license premium
3. Compounding of skill premium
4. Increase in Line premium
5. Crew Chief premium increase
The above will be applied to allhours worked and/or paid since 3/1/01

· MidnightRetention Premium (MRT) for Line AMTs and the Certificate Use Premium (AM4) forFacility/Automotive Mechanics

These new premiums are now available in AUTOTA and can be used for paypurposes

Discussions of retro pay makes me think someone has the cart before the horse.

cart-before-horse-2.jpg

Retro pay should be considered the #1 criteria to be acknowledged for the new contract. Without it, there is no accountability for the company and no incentive to negotiate and complete a indenture.. With out retro, you are essentially working under on the premise that you, as a member, voted for a contract extension.

Under no circumstance should a contract be ratified without the retro clause being executed..

Local Presidents, are you listening?

Sign nothing nor present it to the membership with out the date of enactment, being documented as the expiration date of our concessionary contract.

No retro dont even bring it back we can use like a savings account till things turn around

Unfortunately there can be no retro pay unless the TWU negotiating committee puts forth a proposal that HAS a raise. The current proposal from the TWU negotiatiing committee has no structural increase until 2010.

No raise, no retro.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Be careful about pushing the concept of retro too far. The way things are going a concessionary contract could be approved with a retro pay decrease. You'd be writing a check to AA.

Obviously I'm kidding but I think you'll get the point.

Unfortunately there can be no retro pay unless the TWU negotiating committee puts forth a proposal that HAS a raise. The current proposal from the TWU negotiatiing committee has no structural increase until 2010.

No raise, no retro.
Thats correct, no raise till 2010 in the current proposal. Here is how the airlines that didnt go BK compare.

SWA CAL (proposed) AA (Proposed)
2008= $34.97 2008=$28.24 2008=$27.20
2009= $36.02 2009=$33.87 2009=$27.20
2010= $37.10 2010=$35.92 2010=$28.02
2011= $38.21 2011=$38.08 2011=$28.86

Is everyone ready to vote NO? That may be the only way to get retro. Like I said last week let the IBT do the dirty work for us and dont accept anything that doesnt have retro.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Be careful about pushing the concept of retro too far. The way things are going a concessionary contract could be approved with a retro pay decrease. You'd be writing a check to AA.

Obviously I'm kidding but I think you'll get the point.
We did that already, retro vacation giveback.

I'm sure the compaany would gladly retro our pay back to the 60's level of wages. :mf_boff:
With our lapdog union, I'm afraid that's the only retro we can expect. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts