Interiors

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Doug says east 319's will be modified to match west with 124 seats first because it is the easiest to do. Then the 320's because some bulkhead mofifications, then the 757's because they will need the most modifications with lavs and bulkheads. Meanwhile 330's are getting around 24 more seats. Still trying to decide about 737 fleet so they're not being considered at this time. Trans-Atlantic 757's will get Envoy next year- we need them on line this year to make money so no envoy until then.
321's and 767's stay as they are.
Can make money to Hawaii with 757's but not 767's due to operating cost, they will stay in Trans-Atlantic.

Doug says east 319's will be modified to match west with 124 seats first because it is the easiest to do. Then the 320's because some bulkhead mofifications, then the 757's because they will need the most modifications with lavs and bulkheads. Meanwhile 330's are getting around 24 more seats. Still trying to decide about 737 fleet so they're not being considered at this time. Trans-Atlantic 757's will get Envoy next year- we need them on line this year to make money so no envoy until then.
321's and 767's stay as they are.
Can make money to Hawaii with 757's but not 767's due to operating cost, they will stay in Trans-Atlantic.

What will the First Class Cabin configuration be in the Airbus fleet?

Will they retain 26F in the A321, or reduce to match A319/A320 seating up front?

Wil it be the same interior or a new look? The seats and bulkheads are nice, but maybe a new color for the FC seats.

What will the First Class Cabin configuration be in the Airbus fleet?

Will they retain 26F in the A321, or reduce to match A319/A320 seating up front?
The post above says the A321s are remaining the same - Thank God they're not stupid enough to cut those out.

But A320 standardization means four fewer F seats in those aircraft :down: :down: :down: as HP aircraft only have 12 up front.

just rearranging seats to match west.

Just want to throw this out there one more time then.... the MINUTE the first plane is scheduled out of the shop with the new configuaration, ALL aircraft of that type need to have the lower F seat availability showing for sale and the "bonus seats" appear ONLY on departure day. We dont need to be bumping people out of First Class on a daily basis with the configuration change. If someone has a contact at Tempe Inventory, please let them know this was a major problem during the US reconfigurations of the 737s/MD80s and 757s...... :unsure:

Just want to throw this out there one more time then.... the MINUTE the first plane is scheduled out of the shop with the new configuaration, ALL aircraft of that type need to have the lower F seat availability showing for sale and the "bonus seats" appear ONLY on departure day. We dont need to be bumping people out of First Class on a daily basis with the configuration change. If someone has a contact at Tempe Inventory, please let them know this was a major problem during the US reconfigurations of the 737s/MD80s and 757s...... :unsure:

That was terrible when that happened before. They handled it really poorly. But this time, HP holds back more seats than US did for upgrade, so it may not be as big of a problem.

Does anyone know why US1's and US2's are sitting in the back and they are putting US4's and US nothings up front on many many flights? Shouldn't the preferred get the upgrade before those people? Many FA's are saying that they are really upset that people with status are sitting in the back while people with no status are being upgraded to FC at the gate.

I would assume the only time that would happen is if people are BUYING upgrades at the gate. I could be wrong, not my field of experitse.

I would assume the only time that would happen is if people are BUYING upgrades at the gate. I could be wrong, not my field of experitse.

So, do 1st-ups trump preferred upgrades? It hardly seems fair that someone with no status on a $98 ticket should get an upgrade for $100 when a customer with status who is paying $800 for a ticket sits in the back...i'm just curious...i know this bothers some f/a's also because I wasn't even aware of it until some F/A's explained what was happening and didn't know the reason. Also, some F/A's have said that they are seeing fewer US1's on flights--I am curious to know if this has anything to do with the DM changes.

I I read this correctly, it looks like the 757's will move up to a more respectable 14 F seats. What is the timeline for all these changes?

Latest posts

Back