Is this a B-24 or B-25?

Dallascaper

Nov 11, 2007
I got several good shots of this plane flying over Fort Worth yesterday. I think the plane is a B-24 or B-25, but I don't know enough about vintage aircraft to tell the difference. Can you help? Thanks.

B24.jpg

Nice pic! I got to climb around a B-25 at an airshow a while back (when I was a lot thinner). I was shocked that the bombardier had to climb through a very narrow tunnel past the cockpit into the nose compartment. That took some cojones - must've been hard not to think about the aircraft taking a hit during the bomb run...

I got several good shots of this plane flying over Fort Worth yesterday. I think the plane is a B-24 or B-25, but I don't know enough about vintage aircraft to tell the difference. Can you help? Thanks.

B24.jpg

late to the party but just recently joined.

The airplane you photographed has a considerable history which can be found here...
http://b25.org/History.html . the airplane has between 120-150 combat sorties in the Pacific and then returned to the US. Note that while in the Pacific, it did not have the cheek mounted .50 cals.

It also is historical in that it worked in the movie industry, notably in Catch-22 and also for Disney doing low level filming.

Great machine. Great sound and a great artifact of a time now long past.

late to the party but just recently joined.

The airplane you photographed has a considerable history which can be found here...
http://b25.org/History.html . the airplane has between 120-150 combat sorties in the Pacific and then returned to the US. Note that while in the Pacific, it did not have the cheek mounted .50 cals.

It also is historical in that it worked in the movie industry, notably in Catch-22 and also for Disney doing low level filming.

Great machine. Great sound and a great artifact of a time now long past.

Hello!

This is indeed the B-25 currently flying as "Pacific Prowler". She is based at the vintage Flying Museum at Meacham Field in Ft. Worth.

Not trying to pick nits here but...this airplane is not the 150 mission combat veteran. It is painted like the original Pacific Prowler. It clearly states this on their website. Nonthe less the airplane has an interesting history as a long term USAF transport and then a wide and varied Hollywood history with Tallmantz Aviation.

She is a great looking machine!

187620.jpg