Is This Going To Be The Future?

Checking it Out said:
Bob, you know the answer better than I, The members have been told repeatedly we will have a steady work force. I also know of several who have been re-employed as spots come available. Don't be surprised if you will be working on NW or United Airplanes in the future. The work is their for the taking.
Actually our contract has an oppurtunity to be amendable in 2006, so where are you getting your date? If the economy turns good we will be asking for the contract to be opened.

And the company will likely tell us what they told us in the 90s. You have a contract. All they have to do is keep spending money.

Bob, you know the answer better than I, The members have been told repeatedly we will have a steady work force. I also know of several who have been re-employed as spots come available. Don't be surprised if you will be working on NW or United Airplanes in the future. The work is their for the taking.

Management told the guys in MIA that they would not be replacing those who leave. So the answer is that we are in a continuing job reduction. We are still losing jobs. We will likly be past the number that was brought up during concessions that was needed to get to the $600 million in savings. So the company wound up getting at lot more than the $600 million they asked for from the TWU.

Don't be surprised if you will be working on NW or United Airplanes in the future. The work is their for the taking.

The work is their for the taking? Do you mean that our work is going to them? If our work is theirs for the taking that means that the TWU is giving our work away. With people like you writing our contract language it's no wonder we are screwed.

Comments
I also want to thank the operators of this BB. I've been reading this website for the last 5 years. Some things have changed. 5 years ago there were still AMFA "Believers" here at NWA. I can't find any at work now. Event the AMFA representatives don't believe anymore. I can't tell you how many times in the last week I've been asked about replacing AMFA. Maybe a dozen different folks from end to end of my faciity and from every area too. But, reality now is upon us, I am a Former IAM representative and even I can't give any upbeat or favorable forcasts for this memberships future. Frankly, I don't even think that it's possible to replace AMFA anymore. There simply are too many people laid off and the task of getting a card from them and ensuring that they vote is nearly impossible. We have been Raped, Mislead, Misrepresented, Laid Off, Cheated and Ignored by AMFA. I used to think that we'd just have to wait for the "loss of Seniority" of the junior AMFA members who blindly bought Dell's BS to fall off the seniority lists. I don't believe that anymore. Unlike other Airlines, AMFA has allowed layoffs to constantly continue for 3 years. So everyday the company lays off more AMFA members and restarts the clock. Everyday! That's not an exageration AA Mechanics. AT NWA WE HAVE LOST JOBS EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE AMFA GOT GOT US A CONTRACT! It started in May 2001. The contract was signed on a Friday by Delle and McCormick and On Monday the Layoffs started. Almost 400 the first day of our AMFA contract. They continue today. Tech Ops VP Kris Bauer said yesterday that there are only 4,000 AMFA members left at NWA from a total of nearly 10,000 when AMFA was certified to represent them just 5 years ago. The plan now is to layoff most of the rest to get to the FAA minimum that would mean only about 2,200-2,400 remain. So 80% of NWA AMFA members will be losing their jobs. I'm so sorry that you have to hear this kind of information on internet bulletin baords. I can't understand why AMFA and Dennis Sanderson hasn't shared this information with everyone who's supporting AMFA.

Compliments of:

Name: Former IAM Rep
Employer: NWA
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2004
Time: 01:06 PM

Amfanuts.com

Bob, I believe you are stretching! The NW and United work is available for the TWU members to work in the AA facilities. I hate to tell you this but a VP at NW held meetings to discuss some of these issues wednesday. More to follow!

Checking it Out said:
Bob, I believe you are stretching! The NW and United work is available for the TWU members to work in the AA facilities. I hate to tell you this but a VP at NW held meetings to discuss some of these issues wednesday. More to follow!
You wrote it not me. Maybe you dont know the difference between "there" and "their". Time and time again in our contract the outcome is dependant upon a single word thats either missing or in place.

Bragging about being the lowest paid in the industry and taking the work away from others is more scab-like than union-like.

Checking it Out said:
Comments
I also want to thank the operators of this BB. I've been reading this website for the last 5 years. Some things have changed. 5 years ago there were still AMFA "Believers" here at NWA. I can't find any at work now. Event the AMFA representatives don't believe anymore. I can't tell you how many times in the last week I've been asked about replacing AMFA. Maybe a dozen different folks from end to end of my faciity and from every area too. But, reality now is upon us, I am a Former IAM representative and even I can't give any upbeat or favorable forcasts for this memberships future. Frankly, I don't even think that it's possible to replace AMFA anymore. There simply are too many people laid off and the task of getting a card from them and ensuring that they vote is nearly impossible. We have been Raped, Mislead, Misrepresented, Laid Off, Cheated and Ignored by AMFA. I used to think that we'd just have to wait for the "loss of Seniority" of the junior AMFA members who blindly bought Dell's BS to fall off the seniority lists. I don't believe that anymore. Unlike other Airlines, AMFA has allowed layoffs to constantly continue for 3 years. So everyday the company lays off more AMFA members and restarts the clock. Everyday! That's not an exageration AA Mechanics. AT NWA WE HAVE LOST JOBS EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE AMFA GOT GOT US A CONTRACT! It started in May 2001. The contract was signed on a Friday by Delle and McCormick and On Monday the Layoffs started. Almost 400 the first day of our AMFA contract. They continue today. Tech Ops VP Kris Bauer said yesterday that there are only 4,000 AMFA members left at NWA from a total of nearly 10,000 when AMFA was certified to represent them just 5 years ago. The plan now is to layoff most of the rest to get to the FAA minimum that would mean only about 2,200-2,400 remain. So 80% of NWA AMFA members will be losing their jobs. I'm so sorry that you have to hear this kind of information on internet bulletin baords. I can't understand why AMFA and Dennis Sanderson hasn't shared this information with everyone who's supporting AMFA.

Compliments of:

Name: Former IAM Rep
Employer: NWA
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2004
Time: 01:06 PM

Amfanuts.com
We have been Raped, Mislead, Misrepresented, Laid Off, Cheated and Ignored by AMFA.

Pretty strong words don't you think. I thought all was well at NWA, Informer,
Bob, Buck, Rusty, Amfaman, Ken, Raptor, etc. . .

there are only 4,000 AMFA members left at NWA from a total of nearly 10,000 when AMFA was certified to represent them just 5 years ago. The plan now is to layoff most of the rest to get to the FAA minimum that would mean only about 2,200-2,400 remain. So 80% of NWA AMFA members will be losing their jobs. I'm so sorry that you have to hear this kind of information on internet bulletin baords. I can't understand why AMFA and Dennis Sanderson hasn't shared this information with everyone who's supporting AMFA. [/B]

NO WAY, NOT AMFA!!!!!! Hiding information from it's members?????

Don't take the chance of this happening to us at AA. Say No To amfa!!

twuer,

The NMB bar has been lifted for organizing for a very long time.

What is the current TWU card drive count at NWA?

Actually this information came from a meeting held wednesday! This is just the tip of the iceburg. It gets much worse! more to follow!

Have a Great TWU Insourcing Day!!!!!! The only Union that has successfully retained full overhaul capabilities!!!!!!

twuer said:
there are only 4,000 AMFA members left at NWA from a total of nearly 10,000 when AMFA was certified to represent them just 5 years ago. The plan now is to layoff most of the rest to get to the FAA minimum that would mean only about 2,200-2,400 remain. So 80% of NWA AMFA members will be losing their jobs. I'm so sorry that you have to hear this kind of information on internet bulletin baords. I can't understand why AMFA and Dennis Sanderson hasn't shared this information with everyone who's supporting AMFA. [/B]
Well now, some very interesting differences in numbers posted by two different TWU supporters in the same day. One claims it comes from the January seniority list, the other just claims and there is CIO in the above post backing up twuer. Maybe they forgot to talk the plan over first. LMAO OK, continue on with your TWU clown show!!!!

COBRA
Experienced Member
Member # 195

posted February 13, 2004 12:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At NW you will see a steady decline of maintenance and employees in the next couple of years to where the maintenance bases will close and the head count will be around 1500 mechanics. Amfa has been unable to stop the trend as NW continues to shift work to 3rd party maintenance here and overseas. (Note current employment is 5250+/- down from 9700 in 2000. source Jan.2004 seniority list)

Is this really what you want?

--------------------
COBRA

Checking it Out said:
UAL, I don't understand your post? You are adding or changing things?

Amfaman, This is a prediction from what I understand and from what has been done in the last couple of years I can see this might be the trend.

Is this going to be what we have to look forward to?
CIO,

It is ‘understandable’ that you would not understand my post.
My posts are consistent.
Do you have proof otherwise?

CIO = AFL-CIO Suicide!!!

One post at a time!

UT

Checking it Out said:
Actually this information came from a meeting held wednesday! This is just the tip of the iceburg. It gets much worse! more to follow!

Have a Great TWU Insourcing Day!!!!!! The only Union that has successfully retained full overhaul capabilities!!!!!!
I believe that the IAM at USAir would certainly debate this issue.
(Maybe on paper at least)

BTW,
Who was your bargaining agent when your outsourced half of your Avionics shop to Collins?

UT

AMFAMAN said:
Checking it Out said:
Actually our contract has an oppurtunity to be amendable in 2006, so where are you getting your date? If the economy turns good we will be asking for the contract to be opened.
Oh yeah the opener, can we file for mediation and a release under this opener prior to the amendable date of the contract which would be the last day of 2008.
Hey cio, are you going to reply?? Didn't think so. Try January 2009 for an amendable date. Re-opener is a bunch of twu CRAP!! What good is a re-opener without mediation or self-help??
If you want to know how things are going to go in Jan 09, check out the fine job twu is doing with the Southwest's flight attendants. 265 days and nowhere near an agreement.
When cio has to go back to work, will it be in Fac. Maintenance?? Automotive maybe??
If I could sit around posting rhetoric all day on my union given laptop, I wouldn't want to have to go back to work either!!
Here's to the twu.........
American Airlines most DOCILE union.............
Cheers........

AMFAMAN said:
Checking it Out said:
Oh yeah the opener, can we file for mediation and a release under this opener prior to the amendable date of the contract which would be the last day of 2008.
Still awaiting a reply CIO.

future.jpg

CIO TYPIAL TWU TYPE: I SEE THE FUTURE!!!! More like I forgot the past, the last 20 years! But let us forget about the past- all the concessions, sell-outs; put aside you petty differences and lets focus on what the FUTURE WOULD BE UNDER AMFA BECAUSE I KNOW- I AM CIO!

If the membership knew that 50 shops were to be effective by the SRP, instead of the 25- the contract would not have passed! (77 votes)

If the membership knew about the work rule changes(assigned out of senoirity) Labor Loan before the vote, the 2003 contract would have been in jeopardy! (52%)

Back