It's official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigjets said:
Quite simply AA has an investment in me with all the training and experience I have gained over the past couple of decades. You union guys fail to see that, but go around saying if there was no union, they would fire all of us. I doubt it, and I'm willing to vote no union. I'll be fine, a good work ethic trumps a guy who works harder at getting out of work then acutually working.

I see more scare tactics coming from the union then management. Look at bobs quote, management has taken all this away from you, when in actuality the union has voted in everything that has happened to us. I'm more scared of the union then of aa, AA pays me, the union takes from me.
The proof is in how AA treats management.  We had some layoffs here in Tulsa and the supervisors and planners who got canned had the most time with the company so in reality they laid off the most senior people.  Unions came along years ago to prevent this.  The TWU is by no means the best thing for us but it is better than nothing.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
Sorry you feel that way. Well if you ever get your way I wish you the best then. Hope that grass winds up being greener on the other side in your mind then. Hard to come back if you're wrong.

Thanks, I'm not worried about being fired.

Sense when has doing your job considered to be a company hack.
The only people saying we will all be fired without the twu, is union people or people with less then a spectacular work ethic (in my experience) anyway I wish us all well, enough on this subject.

I believe old guy needs to eat some crow, based on earlier posts on this thread.

bigjets said:

The only people saying we will all be fired without the twu, is union people or people with less then a spectacular work ethic (in my experience) anyway I wish us all well, enough on this subject.

I believe old guy needs to eat some crow, based on earlier posts on this thread.

Where specifically do you think that Old Guy made a comment where he needs to eat crow? His last post actually was spot on. I can give you a list of names of CSM's that they got rid of in the 3 stations I've worked in who were all let go because of their age during the BK. They were all either just at or just over 60. And since then the company has hired lots of kids to replace them. Didn't bring a single one of those long time employees back.

Of course they won't replace you and your coworkers and I also very much doubt they would do too much to your compensation. Jobs on the other hand absolutely. They WILL farm out work that's a part of your current class and craft. Probably wouldn't even let them bump because that costs money and problems logistically that I doubt they would do? IE: The Freight agents who were let go with no bumping rights.

Back on the age thing you are right. Your skills should have improved with your time in the company although many things are being automated now and you need to have far more computer skills then us older buggers currently possess.

Again they may not discriminate on your age blatantly but I wouldn't want to use my medical benefits or sick days too much if I wasn't Union protected. The more that employees utilize their medical benefits the more the insurance companies raise the rates the following year. So even though you may make it to the end with no problem I'm sure that your name will be on a list that would bring some manager a feather in his cap if he could get rid of you.

And you can call this a fear tactic if you want but start doing some research. What I'm saying is the truth and can be very easily researched on the net.

scorpion 2 said:
Who would have lost in the end if the arbitration ruling was enforced? The company!  What good is a profitable corporation when employee moral is tanked? The company did give them something and yes the company does want something in return. Team players not disgruntled ones. You cant always say no but encouraging a yes vote every time is even worse.  

The APFA Members would have lost out, much more than the airline.

bigjets said:

You poor misguided individual.  

Just ask the 800 or so former America West Mechanics, your new coworkers, what it was like when they were non-union.

Here's a little history lesson to read.  It's your legacy, and part of your past now.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/455848/HUNDREDS-OF-EX-WORKERS-CALL-FOR-AIRLINE-BOYCOTT.html?pg=all

And when you're done there, just ask the thousands of USAirways Fleet Service Clerks, also your new coworkers, what it was like working for ten long years without union representation.  I was there during their bloodbath, and the company firing people just because they wanted to, or just because the person looked different to them.

Then come back and tell us all how you'd rather be non-union.  It's just a dream until you have lived it.

Real tired said:
You poor misguided individual.  

Just ask the 800 or so former America West Mechanics, your new coworkers, what it was like when they were non-union.

Here's a little history lesson to read.  It's your legacy, and part of your past now.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/455848/HUNDREDS-OF-EX-WORKERS-CALL-FOR-AIRLINE-BOYCOTT.html?pg=all

And when you're done there, just ask the thousands of USAirways Fleet Service Clerks, also your new coworkers, what it was like working for ten long years without union representation.  I was there during their bloodbath, and the company firing people just because they wanted to, or just because the person looked different to them.

Then come back and tell us all how you'd rather be non-union.  It's just a dream until you have lived it.
Oh this is good. This is very good. Learn from the past or it could come back around and smack you in the head in the future.

Let's highlight this one section here.

Mitchell defended the company's decision to contract its work to a Washington firm, saying the workers are receiving a "fair severance package."

Workers who have been with the company more than six years have been offered $10,000 if they agree not to sue the company for any damages. Workers who have been with the company less than six years can have $3,000 if they make the same promises.

Yea get rid of that Union you got and the Collective Bargaining Agreement that comes along with it while you're at it.

Thanks but no thanks.

This topic is a long way from home. Please continue to discuss the various points in other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.