JetBlue Airways Orders 100 EMBRAER 190 Jet Aircraft, with Options for an Additional 100

----------------
On 6/10/2003 3:36:08 PM michael707767 wrote:

There is no debate about who will fly a 100 seat aircraft at Delta. Anything over 70 seats will be a mainline aircraft. Its in the DAL pilot contract and Fred Reid has publicly said the same. There has been debate about pay rates for such an aircraft, but the Delta pilots lost the ability to refuse to fly an aircraft if there is no deal on pay rates, instead it goes to an arbitrator who will decide the rate. Care to guess what kind of rate an arbitrator will give them in todays environment?

----------------​
As one of the 1300 furlouged pilots, I can tell you there is much debate. While the current scope clause does in fact limit connection flying to 70 seats, there aren't too many parts of the working agreement left in tact. The MEC will authorize negotiations for concessionary talks this week, and you can bet that scope will be one of the hot topics. Take what Fred Reid says with a grain of salt. Why would he say anything else at this point in time? RJ's are the wave of the future and are here to stay. Enough about DL, and back on topic. I think JB's decision will be prove to be quite profitable.

----------------
On 6/10/2003 7:43:30 PM luv2fly wrote:

----------------
On 6/10/2003 3:36:08 PM michael707767 wrote:

There is no debate about who will fly a 100 seat aircraft at Delta. Anything over 70 seats will be a mainline aircraft. Its in the DAL pilot contract and Fred Reid has publicly said the same. There has been debate about pay rates for such an aircraft, but the Delta pilots lost the ability to refuse to fly an aircraft if there is no deal on pay rates, instead it goes to an arbitrator who will decide the rate. Care to guess what kind of rate an arbitrator will give them in todays environment?

----------------​
As one of the 1300 furlouged pilots, I can tell you there is much debate. While the current scope clause does in fact limit connection flying to 70 seats, there aren''t too many parts of the working agreement left in tact. The MEC will authorize negotiations for concessionary talks this week, and you can bet that scope will be one of the hot topics. Take what Fred Reid says with a grain of salt. Why would he say anything else at this point in time? RJ''s are the wave of the future and are here to stay. Enough about DL, and back on topic. I think JB''s decision will be prove to be quite profitable.

----------------​
So ... Im looking through a book I have called The Illustrated Directory of Modern Commercial Aircraft (copywrite 2001) because I wanted to read up on the Embraer 190. Here''s a quote from the book (and remember, it was copywritten in 2001) "Embraer had firm orders for 90 ERJ-170s and for 30 ERJ-190s"

Could this jetBlue deal have been in the works since 2001 or do you all think they had another airline with orders who may have backed down?

hmmmm ... interesting ...

No, Jetblue did not place any orders in 2001, but they certainly were starting their evaluation of this type aircraft by then. This is not a decion made in one month or two. Embrear had some orders for this program from LOT, Alitalia, Air Caribes and a couple of others, before the JetBlue blockbuster.

Latest posts

Back