Jetblue Pay Reduction?

PuraVida

Aug 21, 2003
Heard from the grapevine that JetBlue no longer pays its pilots time and a half for hours worked over 70. All hours will be paid at the regular rate.

Can any JBLU pilots clarify this?

ABSOLUTELY FALSE. It never ceases to amaze me what rumors some people will spread about this great company.

Darn it! That's true. Can't you guys ever let a good rumor fester for a while. Actually we're doing it because we will all go to 50 seat industry standard rates once our "RJ's" show up. That is also when the free airplanes and free maintenance go away. Our profit sharing will then be payed in blue chips, our stock options are going to be converted into Mesa stock, and....
Well, I'm too depressed to go on.

PuraVida
Just curious, what source does that wrong info come from? I hear a lot of bad avaiation rumors and I am always amazed at the so called experts who say things that are not true. Did you hear it from a friend, or was it published in some newspaper or news report.
Thanks -Banger

Farley said:
It's pure BS and it never should have been posted here in the first place.
:eek: When the mormon decides this many wives are enough and takes his profits, then we will see how a company of could'nt get hired anywhere else employees will fare in the bnig bad wlrod of deregulation!!! ;)

Let's see here redneck Bob, you've made a religious slur, a slur against all of our employees, and a general condition of ignorance pervades your one or two brain cells. Have a nice day (in as much as possible).

BTW, what is the "bnig bad wlord"? Is that some kind of militia member code?

Banger....I heard it from a guy on the jumpseat who said he heard it straight from a JetBlue pilot. I didn't believe him, so that's why I posted the question on this forum; to get the straight answer.

Farley....see above.

PuraVida said:
Banger....I heard it from a guy on the jumpseat who said he heard it straight from a JetBlue pilot. I didn't believe him, so that's why I posted the question on this forum; to get the straight answer.

Farley....see above.
Thanks!

I suppose it was only a matter of time before our favorite Merriam-Webster quoter showed up. :rolleyes: Just as well - it's been really slow here lately. Welcome to the forum, Fubi.

Poor Fubi. As his airline flounders he becomes more and more envious. After 70 years his beloved Alaska Airlines operates just over 100 airplanes. In less than four years we have over 50 airplanes. Soon we will be bigger than them! Poor Fubi, just an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. You couldn't hold your ground and got run out of ATL.

You do nothing but skim the cream off high yeild markets.

You haven't had to build a real system.

Your sweetheart lease/maintenance deal with Airbus is about to expire.

Once the recalls, kick in you'll be unable to find people willing to scab with you.

And to top it off, SWA/ACA/AirTran are starting to gun for you.

Who's scared? I say its you, especially since you've hung that scab albatross around your neck. Better look into some of those truck driving schools. :lol:

Latest posts