Jetblue Pilots Offer To Fly 10 Hours A Month Free

FreqFlyr

Jan 24, 2004
JetBlue pilots are offering to fly 10 hours free per month to crush its competition. It's not been published, but the agreement will offer an additional 2500 stock options over a two year period. Jetblue management has said this teamwork between pilot's and management will lower the CASM to 5.2 cents.
Unbleivable this is what it takes to make a great company. :up:

Perhaps the JB pilots could work for free for a year and that would really separate JB from the pack? Or maybe they could just get some itinerate workers to fly the aircraft. Get them alll to work for free and the future would be so bright. ;)

It appears the longevity of the company and cost associated with running the airline on a day to day basis is catching up to them. Peoples Express carried alot of pax. but they still did not make it. Load factor does not success make. CASMS and RAMS still rule this industry. The CASMS are climbing fairly steeply in the next few periods for JB while the RASMS are not matching the rise.

freqflyer appears to be a windup artist, since in another post he said this:

"FreqFlyr Posted: Jan 25 2004

The company's request to airbus to remove the Cap holders in the cockpit was turned down, citing they would still not have their jets discounted any further by removing said Cap holder.
In light of these developments, the company along with the pilots values committee at jetBlue has decided that its pilots should wear Caps. The top mamnagement was quoted as saying " By god if we have to pay for those Cap holders our pilots are going to use them"
The new design will be unveiled the second week in February by the Chief pilots office. Caps are to be issued and worn by March1,2004."

magsau, I think you took it hook, line and sinker!

diesel,

I got it. That was the reason for the smirk icon at the end of the line. Just provoking the ridiculousness of the original post.

Cheers

FreqFlyr said:
JetBlue pilots are offering to fly 10 hours free per month to crush its competition. It's not been published, but the agreement will offer an additional 2500 stock options over a two year period. Jetblue management has said this teamwork between pilot's and management will lower the CASM to 5.2 cents.
Unbleivable this is what it takes to make a great company. :up:

You mean some of you guys have actually been getting paid? I haven't got a paycheck in the year I've been here. :shock: