Jetblue Pilot's Offer To Fly 10 Hours Month Free!

FreqFlyr

Jan 24, 2004
JetBlue pilots are offering to fly 10 hours free per month to crush its competition. It's not been published, but the agreement will offer an additional 2500 stock options over a two year period. Jetblue management has said this teamwork between pilot's and management will lower the CASM to 5.2 cents.
:shock:

Since you posted this on an AA forum, do you think AA pilots would be willing to do the same??? Never mind - I know the answer.

FreqFlyr said:
JetBlue pilots are offering to fly 10 hours free per month to crush its competition. It's not been published, but the agreement will offer an additional 2500 stock options over a two year period. Jetblue management has said this teamwork between pilot's and management will lower the CASM to 5.2 cents.
Am I wrong - but wasn't this the airline that so many AA people stated that they would put out of business. Maybe AA should take lessons from this company - at least the company and employees work together. I say "Go jetblue".

As I have stated many times before - ALL, ALL, ALL, airlines have their day being the biggest and best - then someone takes there place and they began to be the most indebt, rumors of bankruptcy, etc. Then some other airline takes the slot. AA may seem the biggest down - but they too are going to have their place in history someday.

So, if you want to know what the future is for AA - look at some of the largest carriers and their outcome. It may be a few years - but history has a way of repeating itself. I would also start to think about how you would like to be treated in another 10 years - if another airline takes AA. After all look at Southwest and their profits .......um - kinda makes you wonder if karma is at work here!

jsn25911 said:
FreqFlyr said:
Am I wrong - but wasn't this the airline that so many AA people stated that they would put out of business. Maybe AA should take lessons from this company - at least the company and employees work together. I say "Go jetblue".

As I have stated many times before - ALL, ALL, ALL, airlines have their day being the biggest and best - then someone takes there place and they began to be the most indebt, rumors of bankruptcy, etc. Then some other airline takes the slot. AA may seem the biggest down - but they too are going to have their place in history someday.

So, if you want to know what the future is for AA - look at some of the largest carriers and their outcome. It may be a few years - but history has a way of repeating itself. I would also start to think about how you would like to be treated in another 10 years - if another airline takes AA. After all look at Southwest and their profits .......um - kinda makes you wonder if karma is at work here!
So AA employees don't work with management? Thats news to me! I gave my company 17.5% of my pay back plus some vacation, sick and other benefits!
I think your post is just plain ignorant! Have you even looked to see what AA's been doing? Have you read what the analysts have been putting out? Have you even looked at what AMR's stock is doing? Its rocketed up around 19% in just a few days! You should do some research before pulling crap out of your backside!

AAmech said:
jsn25911 said:
FreqFlyr said:

So AA employees don't work with management? Thats news to me! I gave my company 17.5% of my pay back plus some vacation, sick and other benefits!
I think your post is just plain ignorant! Have you even looked to see what AA's been doing? Have you read what the analysts have been putting out? Have you even looked at what AMR's stock is doing? Its rocketed up around 19% in just a few days! You should do some research before pulling crap out of your backside!
First of all - it is not working with the company/employees - when the union is allowed to steal votes for the company just to get a t/a. That is not working with the employees that is just plain stealing.

I say good for Jetblue - they will probably benefit greatly like Southwest - and I hope they do. And they will not fall to the wayside like many of you predicted - infact someday they may grow and be the biggest and the best - if Southwest doesn't beat them first.

Hey guys, freqflyr posted this on the jetBlue board, but failed to gain any "desired" response, now he is trying to rile people up on this board. It is a windup, plain and simple. Let it go!

AAmech said:

I think your post is just plain ignorant!
Ditto! But the only difference is I gave 15.6% versus 17.5%.

I wonder if the FAA would even allow a pilot to work for "free?"

LiveInAHotel said:
AAmech said:

Did you forget that you did not give that percentage - but rather that it was stolen from you when APFA illegally extended the vote to get a "yes". I don't regard this as working with employees and company - I CALL IT STEALING!

If my memory serves me correctly, the FARs limit flying time to 1000 huurs per year. 95 times 12 = 1140. Guess it won't fly.

jsn25911 said:
LiveInAHotel said:
AAmech said:

Did you forget that you did not give that percentage - but rather that it was stolen from you when APFA illegally extended the vote to get a "yes". I don't regard this as working with employees and company - I CALL IT STEALING!
Let me rephrase that...15.6% of my pay was ripped off from APFA and AA.

Yes, I know the vote was extended an extra day. It violated the RLA and the APFA Constitution.

Latest posts

Back