JFK: the bag stops here............

AA didn't charge bag fees yesterday @ JFK, and there is a clause to get a refund under certain terms if the bag is mishandled.

Who is the ramp manager these days?

Even though I too got caught up in the luggage mess with my travels this week, I am still laughing my butt off over this, passenger inconvenience though it may be.

It never fails, the top five boys cashed in a butt load of stock options - and then the system falls apart. Happens every time.

I'm betting this "software glitch" had something to do with the amount of $$$ AMR forked over to the consultants du jour to handle this and by the time the consultants peeled their cut off the top, there wasn't enough left to competently finish the 're-fit' of the luggage system.

Too bad it happened at JFK though. Those fellas are 'no guts no glory' tried and true union, and they will not hussle for any reason. (unless of course you throw a pile of money at them but that will never happen).

Right on the heels of the stupid-80 debacle and now this - people are starting to wonder, as overheard in the terminal . . . . is this airline jinxed or what?

I'm sure Reader's Digest will find some type of "All in a Day's Work" quip about it in the near future. ;)

It's good to be home. I hope my bag enjoys it's extended stay in the Big Apple. By the time AA door-to-door delivers all these bags, and burns down the mountain of tracers, I smell another huge "special item" write off in the Q3! This is going to cost their shareholders yet another fortune. :mf_boff:

I've seen cleaners sleeping on the airplane..literally while everyone else were working.

Look, we all know we have problems at JFK, but lets not exagerate. I can guarantee you have not seen a cleaner on the plane sleeping while the rest of the crew works. There are more than enough things wrong here that we don't need to make up things to complain about.

Somebody that works the ramp at JFK please tell me what the problem is.

Frankly the list is rather long and would take up too much bandwidth. Besides most of the list is not for a public forum.

Look, we all know we have problems at JFK, but lets not exagerate. I can guarantee you have not seen a cleaner on the plane sleeping while the rest of the crew works. There are more than enough things wrong here that we don't need to make up things to complain about.

Frankly the list is rather long and would take up too much bandwidth. Besides most of the list is not for a public forum.

JAFA, I'm curious about your name. JAFA is a NWA FA term for their extra FA. Did you get your inspiration from NW?

JAFA, I'm curious about your name. JAFA is a NWA FA term for their extra FA. Did you get your inspiration from NW?

Actually know, my inspiration was the same as the phrase you refer to from NW. It is from the movie Blue Thunder where the original phrase was JAFO. At NW they just substituted flight attendant for f***ing observer.

Unfortunately I did not have to exaggerate. This sleeping guy was on flight 120 to CDG in June. The plane had come in on 16 from SFO. It was a rather quick turn. The lead agent..at least the ones that wear the gray jacket...came on the plane with his walky talky and we both looked in business and while everyone else was working this guy was sitting in a seat with his eyes closed. I saw it with my own eyes. The agent looked at me and said.."Isn't that nice?!". Oh well...par for the coarse. To balance this, the vast majority of fleet service do a great job..I just think they are overwhelmed and to me that is a management issue not an employee issue.

My main beef is with having to wait for a guide crew. It is a consistant problem. And when you do see them coming they are sauntering to the gate while a plane full of people are waiting for them.

jersey777 said:
My main beef is with having to wait for a guide crew. It is a consistant problem. And when you do see them coming they are sauntering to the gate while a plane full of people are waiting for them.

I don't know about Kennedy, but at LGA we are saddled with a chronic manpower shortage in addition to the delays inherent with operations at this airport.

I can't tell you how many times we've pushed out a flight only to have a CSM roll up on us and tell us our next turn is on the ground and waiting to be parked at gate ____.

If flights back up for even half an hour, you'll have six or seven drop in within ten minutes of one another and the end result is more planes on the ground than clerks to handle them.

Of course having an incompetent half wit sitting on the afternoon control desk five days a week only compounds the problem. :blink:

I thought we had those newfangled, lemon-freshened, Borax-strengthened self-parking machines at JFK now. A friend sent me a picture the other day of Flt 30(?) from LAX which had self-parked and got a gash in the port engine cover from a piece of ground equipment left in the wrong place.

I thought we had those newfangled, lemon-freshened, Borax-strengthened self-parking machines at JFK now. A friend sent me a picture the other day of Flt 30(?) from LAX which had self-parked and got a gash in the port engine cover from a piece of ground equipment left in the wrong place.

Yep! Apparently the system gave the OK to taxi in....The system did not recognize the 767's profile..

I don't know about Kennedy, but at LGA we are saddled with a chronic manpower shortage in addition to the delays inherent with operations at this airport.

I can't tell you how many times we've pushed out a flight only to have a CSM roll up on us and tell us our next turn is on the ground and waiting to be parked at gate ____.

If flights back up for even half an hour, you'll have six or seven drop in within ten minutes of one another and the end result is more planes on the ground than clerks to handle them.

Of course having an incompetent half wit sitting on the afternoon control desk five days a week only compounds the problem. :blink:

LGA...haven't you hear? We are almost supposed to do more with less...But the company has no problem hiring more maintenance supervisors,,,er I mean, managers at JFK.

Unfortunately I did not have to exaggerate. This sleeping guy was on flight 120 to CDG in June. The plane had come in on 16 from SFO. It was a rather quick turn.

Let me see a " rather quick turn ", that mean this SOB, just walks on board the aircraft with his crew following him/her and just falls asleep in a seat, that's a bunch a ka-ka.

If any of this story were factual in any way, you had every right to report this individual, but you didn't did you?

Didn't recognize the 767's profile? One of the most common types at JFK and it doesn't recognize it? Seriously? :blink:

Actually the system looks at a pre determined area that would be safe to taxi in...however the 767 was cleared in with a piece of ground equipment inside that area.

Let me see a " rather quick turn ", that mean this SOB, just walks on board the aircraft with his crew following him/her and just falls asleep in a seat, that's a bunch a ka-ka.

If any of this story were factual in any way, you had every right to report this individual, but you didn't did you?

I have much better things to do with my time then to make up stories on here.

Actually the system looks at a pre determined area that would be safe to taxi in...however the 767 was cleared in with a piece of ground equipment inside that area.

Interesting, so it would say clear a 763 into a gate because the pre programed information shows that gate can accept all flavors of 767?

Is there some kind of real time monitoring or does it strictly use canned information?