Join The Revolution!

MCI AFL CIO,
If you read the Local By-laws, they did not even have to bring that up for a vote. The E-board has the power to set the salaries and expenses and only needs approval of the membership if it wishes to change salaries and expenses. They brought it to the membership because they thought it was the "right" thing to do.

mojo,

You said that the MCI-Board only has to let the membership vote if they CHANGE the salaries and expenses.

I don't know about KC but in most of the rest of the country, raising a salary is CHANGING it.

Boomer said:
mojo,

You said that the MCI-Board only has to let the membership vote if they CHANGE the salaries and expenses.

I don't know about KC but in most of the rest of the country, raising a salary is CHANGING it.
Boomer, the eboard never set the salaries in the first place because the local was new and had no money. There was never a good time to set salaries so the E-board decided to wait until after they knew what was going to happen with the base.

mojo13 said:
They brought it to the membership because they thought it was the "right" thing to do

I do appreciate the E Board bringing the vote to the members, instead of doing so without notifying the members.
I have read the by laws, but I find a lot of the members have never read or even seen acopyof the by laws? Somehting like this should be made readily available, to all members
I know there is alot that OUR E Board can do without consent of the members, but does that make it right? How would that look to the membership if you and theothers on the E Board would have given yourselves raises? Now is not the time to go against the wishes of the membership. What started out at 2 or 3 laptops now it seems all E Board members have one? And as of yet at any monthly meeting has the LOCAL ever told the membership that they bought laptop for all of you? Im not saying you dont need them, but what I am saying, isnt it better to keep everyone informed than to act as if your trying to hide something? Why is it the membership has always felt whoever is in office has been tryingto sneak something in?
Dont get it wrong MOJO, I am not your enemy

There was never a good time to set salaries so the E-board decided to wait until after they knew what was going to happen with the base

We still do not know whats going to happen at the base do we? Last I heard no contract had been signed?

Bob Owens said:
UAL_TECH said:
When you stop your continuous lying about these 'FACTS!!!'
then maybe???, someone will take your rhetoric on other 'FACTS'
seriously.

:p UT
UT:

Dont you understand? Thats all they have. They have been lying for so long that is all they know. They cant stick to the facts because if they do they would have to back AMFA.
Bob,

FYI,
Another tactic that is used is to never address a dissenting post.
(Especially when it is the 'TRUTH'!)
Then they will post some bantering afterwords hoping to hide
their flaw.
Seen it before, seeing it now.

Take Care,
:up: UAL_TECH

Hey Booby, ya still didn't answer the questions. Is here reason?
I used the possesive because I felt that it was appropriate.
Appropriate Bob, cause your local is yours? I see, big man, big local...biggest man...biggest local...lookout 514...here comes Bob and his brothers and sisters.

And UAL_Tech..you telling the truth? Oh..I believe ya, cause ya said it was true.*ahem*

As far as setting the E-Board salaries goes I believe we need to educate the floor as to how the TWU operates vs the IAM. We are not paying 80K a yr. to a district member anymore...the two unions are run differently and MCIE still has the IAM attitude.

Sounds to me like most of those Local 530 Officers are just old IAM cronies wearing a different coat?

How could you guys let that happen?

mojo13 said:
MCI AFL CIO,
If you read the Local By-laws, they did not even have to bring that up for a vote. The E-board has the power to set the salaries and expenses and only needs approval of the membership if it wishes to change salaries and expenses. They brought it to the membership because they thought it was the "right" thing to do.
What do you mean "they"?

Aren't you one of "them"?

mojo13 said:
MCI AFL CIO,
What do you think "approval" means? God help you guys!

It means that they say what they want and the members either accept(approve) or reject (disapprove) of the motion.

On a different note, Mojo, Exwife& Steve Connell all seem to imply that MCI is a TWU station. However to me it seems that between the IAM and the TWU the membership of MCI seems to be totally dejected by unionism as practiced by the IAM &TWU. The fact that they have been slow to fill out AMFA cards can not be seen as support for the TWU, maybe they dont really want to be bothered with any union?

The fact that they pay dues says nothing-they have to. But there is one way of measuring the voluntary support of the membership. We can do so by looking at what they give voluntarily, without it being mandatory. One way we can gauge this is by looking at their COPE rate. COPE is entirely voluntary. MCI's rate is only one up from the bottom, the bottom being STL-which has a high rate of AMFA cards signed. MCI has a whopping 7% of members on COPE. So 93% of the TWU members do not voluntarily contribute anything to the TWU. 93% do not support the TWU agenda and its a fair assumption that if dues were not mandatory that the amount of dues paying members would be around the same as the percentage of members contributing to COPE.

MCI AFL-CIO said:
They brought it to the membership because they thought it was the "right" thing to do

I do appreciate the E Board bringing the vote to the members, instead of doing so without notifying the members.
I have read the by laws, but I find a lot of the members have never read or even seen acopyof the by laws? Somehting like this should be made readily available, to all members
I know there is alot that OUR E Board can do without consent of the members, but does that make it right? How would that look to the membership if you and theothers on the E Board would have given yourselves raises? Now is not the time to go against the wishes of the membership. What started out at 2 or 3 laptops now it seems all E Board members have one? And as of yet at any monthly meeting has the LOCAL ever told the membership that they bought laptop for all of you? Im not saying you dont need them, but what I am saying, isnt it better to keep everyone informed than to act as if your trying to hide something? Why is it the membership has always felt whoever is in office has been tryingto sneak something in?
Dont get it wrong MOJO, I am not your enemy
There are copies of the by-laws available at the Local and you can download them from our website.

As far as the laptops go...that is a tool that used to do everyday union business. They are not for recreation. This is the 21 century.

Your_Ex-Wife said:
Hey Booby, ya still didn't answer the questions. Is here reason?

Appropriate Bob, cause your local is yours? I see, big man, big local...biggest man...biggest local...lookout 514...here comes Bob and his brothers and sisters.

And UAL_Tech..you telling the truth? Oh..I believe ya, cause ya said it was true.*ahem*

As far as setting the E-Board salaries goes I believe we need to educate the floor as to how the TWU operates vs the IAM. We are not paying 80K a yr. to a district member anymore...the two unions are run differently and MCIE still has the IAM attitude.

--------------------

UAL engines = FM1 results...AMFA at it's best!

If you had any integrity, you would not post lies and half truths.
You would do your 'own' research a find the truth but you would
rather spread lies.

:spam: UT

PS:
Is there some AFL-CIO school/training that teaches you folks how to hide the truth?
IAM did exactly the same thing.
Just wondering.

What do you think "approval" means? God help you guys!

Bob, I don't think you understand what I said. They could have set their salaries under the by-laws without the members approval. IF they changed from the set salaries, then they would have to take it before the members for approval.

mojo13 said:
LOCAL ever told the membership that they bought laptop for all of you? Im not saying you dont need them, but what I am saying, isnt it better to keep everyone informed than to act as if your trying to hide something

As far as the laptops go...that is a tool that used to do everyday union business. They are not for recreation. This is the 21 century

MOJO, Notice I did say the laptops were not needed? I asked why were the members never told of buying? what started with 2 or 3 grew to the whole E Board having one? DO you not thinkits appropiate to inform the members of where their dues money goes? I dont have a problem with you or the other E BOard members having laptops, and I didnt say they were used for recreation,
Thanks MOJO for informing me, we are in the 21 century, funny tho, we were IAM and in 21 century and didnt need laptops?

Back