just worked 767 tail number N248AY

ETOPS appreciate the opinion. However, yours is the only one, while the 99% other posts are the all to typical "Join the Bandwagon Negatives" who have not either worked the aircraft or have flown as a customer.

Regards
DC

Their seats with the 55" pitch are very similar to what US uses in the A330, AA in their 762 and UA in their widebody fleet that haven't yet been upgraded to the lie flat.

I have flown CO Business First, and yes...the seats are very similar to the US A330 (well, and 757) seats. The big difference is, though, that when you are sitting next to your seatmate and they are completely reclined it is very difficult to maneuver into and out of your seat to use the bathroom and such, especially compared to the 60"+ at US. The 5" of pitch makes a difference with things like this. While you are right that CO uses a standard type seat in the 2-1-2 configuration, the industry standard is 60"+. US has 60" in the A330 and some with 94", the new 767 Envoy pitch is 62".

The reason that CO sells so many seats is directly attributable to their great product and service...nothing to do with their seats...which really are nothing special in the industry and may even be considered below industry average (with things like pitch and recline).

ETOPS appreciate the opinion. However, yours is the only one, while the 99% other posts are the all to typical "Join the Bandwagon Negatives" who have not either worked the aircraft or have flown as a customer.

Regards
DC
with all due respect, i believe that etops1 communicated, quite cogently, that passengers were indeed complaining about the discomfort of the new seats.

why is finding empathy with customer dissatisfaction synonymous with joining the "bandwagon negatives"? what an absurd argument!

Regards
DC

The problem DC....I've been ripped off by US....and experienced the ridiculous, STUPIDY that is this product's positioning, that I won't get on the new "American Experience" service.

And that's what lends ETOPS comments 300 times more credibility then your "99% join the negative bandwagon" thing....

So, "whatever".....dude...or dudette.

Bottom line, "Business Crapual" is a s****y product....and this big time leap towards mediocrity, "reliability, convenience and appearance" is pretty funny.....

Not that it matters but I did read in the Spin Machine er. About US that although the seats are kind of stiff and uncomfortable now they should get better. Take that for what it's worth. BTW, ETOPS, did they leave in the closets behind Envoy and how is the pitch in the B zone?

Someone earlier said something about the leather covers on the seats and that they were awful. Not that I would EVER stick up for the people in Tempe but I flew on 3or 4 Delta MD-88's last year with the blue (or whatever color) leather seat covers and they were kind of uncomfortable too. Could it just be that they're not "broken in" yet? Just some logical thinking.

here is a video i recorded onboard the a/c .

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1pymDa5By0"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1pymDa5By0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

hope this worked . if not you can find it on youtube . just search etops1

and yes they left the closet behind business class.

also if you ant to see pics go on my myspace page . myspace.com/etops1
and check them out . they are under photo album titled "work"

In the grand scheme of things I bet the seats are much better than the old Envoy seats on the 767s.

OK - thinking that the yahoos in Tempe have a "grand scheme" is giving them way more credit than they are due. Those bozos can't think beyond yesterday, so to think that they have a plan, or "grand scheme" is simply a joke.

Secondly, I always found the Envoy seats on the 767 very comfortable, and actually more comfortable than the A330 seats.

And I am still wondering why they have reduced the number of Envoy seats with this new "upgrade", while every other time they "improve" an airplane they add seats. Hmmmm - could it be that no one wants to pay top dollar for a crappy product? So with less seats, they have less meals, which means less catering dollars, which means saving money. Yes - that MUST be the reason!

From the 1-31-08 About US Newsletter, third paragraph of first page:

Some employees reported a somewhat over-firm cushion on the inaugural flight, but we expect those will soften up over time.

Commercial aircraft interiors have a number of engineering parameters such as crashworthiness, flotation of cushions, flame retardancy, etc, all with FAA oversight.

Somehow I don’t think becoming more comfortable with age, like a pair of jeans, is a viable expectation.

Old pitch = 55". New pitch = 62". Where would they get those extra 28". Answer: remove a row of coach, which would be a loss of revenue.

For what its worth, UA is reducing its J seating with the installation of their fully lie flat seats in the widebody cabins.

Hey thanks Etops!!! Now I know someone is going to stab me but I thought it looked nice, alot better than the old seats. Coach looks nice too!! But navy is my favorite color so just go with it. It does look a little cramped and the aisles look pretty narrow but well I don't know. That floor level lighting needs to be changed ASAP though.

[quote name='PHL' post='569248' date='Feb 4 2008, 12:09 AM'][quote name='phlus2' date='Feb 3 2008, 11:12 PM' post='569218'

Old pitch = 55". New pitch = 62". Where would they get those extra 28". Answer: remove a row of coach, which would be a loss of revenue.

For what its worth, UA is reducing its J seating with the installation of their fully lie flat seats in the widebody cabins.[/quote]

Let's see - 7 coach seats at $1,000 each = $7,000.

IF - and this is a big if - US actually had a business class product people would be interested in paying for - 6 additional seats at $7,000 each = $42,000.

I am not a mathemetician - but it certainly seems to me that the business class seats could make more money than coach.

Yes - UA is reducing the number of seats in business as they install the new lie flat seats - but on UA all that means is less free upgrades as they actually have a product people are willing to pay for.

Let's see - 7 coach seats at $1,000 each = $7,000.

IF - and this is a big if - US actually had a business class product people would be interested in paying for - 6 additional seats at $7,000 each = $42,000.

I am not a mathemetician - but it certainly seems to me that the business class seats could make more money than coach.

Yes - UA is reducing the number of seats in business as they install the new lie flat seats - but on UA all that means is less free upgrades as they actually have a product people are willing to pay for.

Both the old and new UA J seat is worlds ahead of US old and new J (767). So, using your argument of seat revenue potential, why wouldn't UA have reduced the coach seating to maintain the same number of J seats?

I'll tell ya - for the same reason that US didn't. If UA had been consistently selling the majority of their J cabin, they would have maintained the same number of seats. US certainly wasn't filling up the front of the 762 with full fare J pax, so they aren't losing any revenue/profit by taking out a row since those 6 seats were likely going to upgraders anyway.

Both the old and new UA J seat is worlds ahead of US old and new J (767). So, using your argument of seat revenue potential, why wouldn't UA have reduced the coach seating to maintain the same number of J seats?

I'll tell ya - for the same reason that US didn't. If UA had been consistently selling the majority of their J cabin, they would have maintained the same number of seats. US certainly wasn't filling up the front of the 762 with full fare J pax, so they aren't losing any revenue/profit by taking out a row since those 6 seats were likely going to upgraders anyway.

Which is exactly my point - US doesn't have a product anyone wants to buy - if they did - they would be adding more seats or at least be keeping the same number of seats - not taking them out. My point is that if they did it right - they could actually increase business class revenue by improving the service.

Yes - UA is reducing the number of seats slightly - but that is so they can significantly improve the product and provide a product no other US Airline has - which is fully lie flat seats in business class. They are doing something to differentiate themselves so that people actually want to pay to fly on their airplanes. Let's see - $7,000 on USAirways for an "almost flat seat", lousy food, dirty planes, surly service, or $7,000 for UA with fully flat bed, great food, friendly employees. In the process, there will be fewer free upgrades on UA - yes. But overall I'm betting that with the improved product they will be able to sell more seats at higher prices than they were selling before the upgraded seats and will be making more money on their business class product overall than they were before.

In the case of US it is only a marginal improvement - and they still aren't offering a product anyone with half a brain will be willing to pay $7,000 for. So the yahoos in Tempe attempt to "upgrade" the product, fail at that, revenue stays the same or goes down - end up withe less upgrades for the FF's - so piss them off so they fly other airlines. Sounds like a great business model to me!

Latest posts

Back