Kansas Republican on board with anti-merger group

usa1

Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
American has already received anti-merger statements from Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallen, U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, the chambers of commerce from Fort Worth and Dallas and Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/04/american-airlines-gets-kansas.html

It's obvious Horton has the politicians in his corner or his back pocket.
That alone is enough to make me want the merger now more than ever.
I don't trust politicians and I don't trust Horton.

It's obvious Horton has the politicians in his corner or his back pocket.
That alone is enough to make me want the merger now more than ever.
I don't trust politicians and I don't trust Horton.

I believe the judge will deny any request by LCC and or the UCC to propose a merger plan before the time AA has to submit their plan to emerge from BK.
I think he will give AA that chance.
I believe the judge will rule in favor of the company's motion to abrogate contracts unless there is a consenual agreement.
Politicians aren't needed. The bankruptcy code was written for coroporations foremost, THEN the creditors.

Employees are always the collateral meaningless damage.

Reactions: 2 people
Kansas Secretary Of State Karin Brownlee's opinion holds so much weight that now thousands of employees have sided with AA Management.....

...satire of course

Republicans hate labor and do everything they can to hurt labor.

Democrats love labor and always have labor's best interests in mind.

GMAFB.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with FWAAA.

If the Democrats are so labor friendly then why do they allow illegals to pour in by the millions (driving down worker pay/benefits and weakening Unions), get on social programs they have not paid into (bankrupting social programs or raising taxes), don't pay taxes (how can they with no social security number) and fight for the right for illegals to vote (Democrats think because they pay sales tax they should be able to vote). None of those actions are worker friendly.

The problem with illegals is they cost the working man money Illegals do not play by the same tax rules as citizens do. You don't pay your taxes and the IRS comes after you. Illegals don't pay their taxes and the government looks the other way.

Republicants and Dumbocrats play off of each other. They both suck. They both are for the wealthy. They just have different ways of going about it.

Don't even get me started on the Democratic liberal agenda.

Yep, like early childhood educational initiatives. Makes my blood boil. Also, how is Kansas in any way relevant to anything? All is fine. Keep calm and carry on.

1325497466030.jpg

I think the alleged relevance of Kansas is all the airplane manufacturing that occurs in Wichita.

Lotsa Boeing parts:

http://www.spiritaero.com/about_us.aspx?id=2729

Final assembly is in the Seattle area, but substantial manufacturing occurs in Kansas.

I will re-state. I said I don't trust "politicians" , that includes both parties.

That being said, the single most hurtful thing done to our livlihoods at American Airlines was done by Obama and his enviornmentalist Wacko energy policy of not drilling anything offshore, not drilling in Alaska, not building the pipeline.

Every time he gets on the stump espousing how we are drilling more now than we ever have, he always leaves out the part how all of that drilling is being done on private lands and not on governemnt certificates or if they are government certificates, they were issued during the Bush administration.

Drilling on government land is at a 10 year low, because of Obama's policy.
Hello $100 per barrell oil, hello bankruptcy.

If Obama would have said from day one we will drill everything we can, we will build the pipeline, all the while we are also exploring alternative energies, the price of oil would be nowhere near $100 per barrell.

The real kicker for me is, the TWU is all in for Obama again and not a single word about how his energy policy is putting thousands of their members out of a job.

Now I'm done with my political rant.

Now I'm done with my political rant.
Oil prices don't fall once the drill hits dirt. The government could green light every drilling plan before it today and it could take years before any of that dirt juice is powering planes or having any appreciable effect on oil prices.

Oil prices don't fall once the drill hits dirt. The government could green light every drilling plan before it today and it could take years before any of that dirt juice is powering planes or having any appreciable effect on oil prices.

Oil prices do fall because speculators will bid the price down in the same way they bid the price up when they caught wind of Obama's policy on energy.

I agree with FWAAA.

If the Democrats are so labor friendly then why do they allow illegals to pour in by the millions (driving down worker pay/benefits and weakening Unions), get on social programs they have not paid into (bankrupting social programs or raising taxes), don't pay taxes (how can they with no social security number) and fight for the right for illegals to vote (Democrats think because they pay sales tax they should be able to vote). None of those actions are worker friendly.

The problem with illegals is they cost the working man money Illegals do not play by the same tax rules as citizens do. You don't pay your taxes and the IRS comes after you. Illegals don't pay their taxes and the government looks the other way.

Republicants and Dumbocrats play off of each other. They both suck. They both are for the wealthy. They just have different ways of going about it.

How many times do I have to tell you REPUBLICONS !!!

Latest posts