Kansas Republican on board with anti-merger group

I will re-state. I said I don't trust "politicians" , that includes both parties.

That being said, the single most hurtful thing done to our livlihoods at American Airlines was done by Obama and his enviornmentalist Wacko energy policy of not drilling anything offshore, not drilling in Alaska, not building the pipeline.

Every time he gets on the stump espousing how we are drilling more now than we ever have, he always leaves out the part how all of that drilling is being done on private lands and not on governemnt certificates or if they are government certificates, they were issued during the Bush administration.

Drilling on government land is at a 10 year low, because of Obama's policy.
Hello $100 per barrell oil, hello bankruptcy.

If Obama would have said from day one we will drill everything we can, we will build the pipeline, all the while we are also exploring alternative energies, the price of oil would be nowhere near $100 per barrell.

The real kicker for me is, the TWU is all in for Obama again and not a single word about how his energy policy is putting thousands of their members out of a job.

Now I'm done with my political rant.
We have OIL AND GAS coming out our ass , Speculators account for 1/3 of price.Demand has been down in this country for several years.

Reactions: 1 person
>> So looking forward for some greentext stories now!!
Happened to me just this morning.

>Wake up
>Drain the lizard
>Put coffee on the brew
>Toast in toaster
>Toast gets burnt
>Fly into rage
>THISISALLOBAMASFAULT.JPG
>Ring up GOP congressman, ask him to increase government subsidies to Big Oil™

I ate the toast anyway.

Reactions: 3 people
>Implying speculators won't try to drive up prices regardless of who's in the White House.

It has NOTHING to do with WHO is in the White House.

It has EVERYTHING to do with WHAT that White House occupants POLICIES are toward energy.

If you think Obama is a friend of the energy industry, you are blind as Stevie Wonder.

If you think Obama is a friend of the energy industry, you are blind as Stevie Wonder.
Who is the energy industry a friend of? The consumer? The environment? The President's policies don't seem to keep the energy companies from enjoying handsome profits. Maybe I'm just a fool for not having sympathy for oil execs or thinking they deserve more perks or corporate welfare.

Reactions: 2 people
And either party are bringing manufacturing back into the country?
Manufacturing is coming back to the U.S., or growing one way or another for the past few years, if the latest issue of The Economist is to be believed. It would be a mistake to simply credit any one party or ideology for this. So the trend is being reversed, but slowly. That same issue discussed what it called the "third" industrial revolution, in which the digitization of manufacturing and new techniques (i.e. 3D printing) will make it more sensible and cost effective to produce more goods in country. Worth the read if you can get a hold of it. So maybe in 10 years or so it might be cheaper and easier to produce AC parts in house and on demand. Who knows?

Republicans hate labor and do everything they can to hurt labor.

Democrats love labor and always have labor's best interests in mind.

GMAFB.

WRONG! Labor has Labor's Interests at heart. (As they should)

Democrats have their own agenda at heart and pander to Labor

Republicans have their own agenda at heart and pander to groups that benefit from not having unions.

You have to get your help from yourselves.

I think the alleged relevance of Kansas is all the airplane manufacturing that occurs in Wichita.
The Chamber is probably only against the merger during bankruptcy for labor purposes, should AMR exit bankruptcy and go after LCC, I'm guessing you won't hear any objections from the Chamber. Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Ranking Member of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, is heavily funded by AMR and the transportation industry as a whole.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.php?cid=N00005675

Now why is it that the airline manufacturing in Kanses would be against a merger?

Manufacturing is coming back to the U.S., or growing one way or another for the past few years, if the latest issue of The Economist is to be believed. It would be a mistake to simply credit any one party or ideology for this. So the trend is being reversed, but slowly. That same issue discussed what it called the "third" industrial revolution, in which the digitization of manufacturing and new techniques (i.e. 3D printing) will make it more sensible and cost effective to produce more goods in country. Worth the read if you can get a hold of it. So maybe in 10 years or so it might be cheaper and easier to produce AC parts in house and on demand. Who knows?

At third world wages via Obama work reg's?

Latest posts