KSM Trial in NYC

What others have declared on us is not relavent.

When did we declare war? And I'm not referring to something like the 'war' on drugs. I'm suffering to an actual declaration of war?

Secondly, since there was no declaration of war (can you guess where this is going?) there are no POW's either. So try again.

Spin it which ever way you want but, you and I know where this case should be tried and it ain't NYC !

QUOTE (delldude @ Nov 23 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Somebody said this is the first time in the countries history for something like this.

Really?

Tales of Carnage Punctuate Trade Center Bombing Trial
By RALPH BLUMENTHAL
Published: Thursday, October 7, 1993

GRAHAM: We're making history here, Mr. Attorney General. I'll answer it for you. The answer is no. :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

Yes really Counselor..................

CNN's John King on Thursday claimed Attorney General Eric Holder intentionally avoided Sen. Lindsey Graham's "stumping" question during the previous day's Senate Judiciary Committtee hearing because he didn't want to admit that trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and other 9/11 suspects in a criminal courtroom is indeed precedent setting.

Hungry Dude?

You are correct Delldude.

Sleep well now.

047_Fainted.jpg

All I know is what the law says. s of Jun 2008 the SCOTUS ruled that the enemy combatants have the right to appeal the decisions of the tribunals to the DC appeals court.

Petitioners have the constitutional privilege of habeas corpus. They are not barred from seeking the writ or invoking the Suspension Clause's protections because they have been designated as enemy combatants or because of their presence at Guantanamo,

After the court ruled in 2004, in Rasul v. Bush, that the prisoners were entitled to have access to the American court system, the government established a military tribunal process. As it stands, the prisoners can appeal adverse rulings to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

I'm not spinning anything. No war has been declared so as far as the COTUS is concerned there is no war and there are no POW's. You can wish there was but wishing does not make it so. I've tried and it does not work. Whether you or I like it does not matter. We are a nation based on law and the COTUS is the foundation of that law (or so I remember from my constitutional law class) so unless you want to get rid of it, you ave to deal with it.

So based on the reality of the law as it stands (not what you want it to be) what is your solution?

Back